Solasta - Release Date: May 27

I try to plan what my next few games are going to be, but it doesn't always end up working out. :)

Next month is crazy though. There are too many games that I have some level of interest in…

Solasta
Resident Evil 8
Biomutant
Deathloop
Days Gone
ME: Legendary Edition

That's just off the top of my head.

That and Nier Replicant in just a few days, which may not be for everyone, but I'm still quite looking forward to get my hands on it. Feels refreshing to get a new wave of well developed games with a decent budget, one does get tired of trying all kind of "cute" indie games that are fun, but you'd never play if it wasn't because of the draught of quality games that we've been under.

I try to plan what my next few games are going to be, but it doesn't always end up working out. :)

Next month is crazy though. There are too many games that I have some level of interest in…

Solasta
Resident Evil 8
Biomutant
Deathloop
Days Gone
ME: Legendary Edition

That's just off the top of my head.

I will do most of those I bet as well...funny is I reinstalled nier again to try and figure out what I was missing....never got past the first battle and had to keep restarting....got bored and deleted it...today I made it past and it is japanese glory. I get it now.

Only ones I'm interested in are….

1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone
  4. ME: Legendary Edition
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky and my interest in gaming is waning. Happens every few years. So no my game list isn't as packed as others.:)

Only ones I'm interested in are….

1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky and my interest in gaming is waning. Happens every few years. So no my game list isn't as packed as others.:)

You're slowly reverting into your "Old Grognard" persona :)

You're slowly reverting into your "Old Grognard" persona :)
Eh it happens as the genres I'm interested in playing are stale right now. Wish I could enjoy every game that gets released, but my tastes don't match with many of them.

For reference I love RPGs, 4X, and all types of strategy games.

Maybe this could be a poll? Do you plan your gaming? Do you line up games? How many?

Interesting really hoe people approach the matter.

I don't line up games but then I am so fussy about what I play I am lucky to have that luxury ... or conundrum.

I have wish listed games on steam and ones I follow/watch. But I tend to not buy games till ready to play (unless there is a really good sale like the recent Deus Ex one).

Usually there is a dominant game that takes my focus. Right now I have a bunch installed and I don't really have a game plan (ha!). I sit down and go "what am I in the mood for?"

Often times I bounce around if I have too many games installed which usually leads to the big purge :p

Also gaming has changed a lot for me due to games like FO, Skyrim, and other open world games where I also like to do screen shot sets or write stories. Then I may spend a weekend, or even weeks, working on a "project" with a game.

My current line-up is just vague ideas as I wait for some games to be released - Solasta soon, then much later the new Pathfinder game, BG3.

When I find myself out of a game to play and want something new I go to my wish list or visit older games.

I am too moody and emotionally chaotic to be able to follow a list of games I think. Although it makes sense - I can see that idea also going with movies to watch or books to read.

Anyhow more on topic I am eager to see Solasta released and the nice thing is that right now I am replaying old games (Skyrim, which I am playing almost every night again, FO4, and SIMS 4), none of which have any "real" ending to them so I can easily drop them when something new comes out.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had two or more games that were both new, out at the same time, that I really wanted to play.

I am too moody and emotionally chaotic to be able to follow a list of games I think. Although it makes sense - I can see that idea also going with movies to watch or books to read.
Same :)

I don't plan anymore, from my point of view it's impossible to tell whether a AAA game will be good or not, no matter the dev/publisher. The release dates aren't very reliable anyway, then there are hotfixes and patches for a while. In the end, I prefer to wait for reviews and a stable version. For indie games, the release dates are even more unpredictable (usually they give the year at best), but they post news and the visibility on the game is better: it's easier for me to see if I want to play it, I just don't know when.

So it's more a dynamic wishlist than a plan.

Only ones I'm interested in are…

1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone

1. Solasta
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky but my interest in gaming is waning stronger than ever. So no my game list isn't as packed as others. :)
[/list]

Thanks for the still very fitting blueprint. ;)

Last edited:

1. Solasta
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky but my interest in gaming is waning stronger than ever. So no my game list isn't as packed as others. :)

Thanks for the still very fitting blueprint. ;)
Your welcome my attorney will be contacting you about my fees/royalties.:cool:

I just checked my email and if you Kickstarted Solasta you can play the full version of the game now. It's the version they release to gaming sites. The email was actually sent on May 12. I need to stop being so lazy.

Let the adventures begin.

I just checked my email and if you Kickstarted Solasta you can play the full version of the game now. It's the version they release to gaming sites. The email was actually sent on May 12. I need to stop being so lazy.

Let the adventures begin.

In the e-mail, Tactical Adventures are asking:

"Out of respect to other non-backer fans of Solasta, journalists and reviewers, please DO NOT post any screenshots, videos or talk about the content of this build before May 27th (the release of the game)"

I don't know if they have some kind of written, legally valid NDA but I hope every gaming site/gaming reviewer out there does respect what they're asking :)

Neat that the game is out early. I will probably get it when its officially released this month.

So this is coming to game pass PC I just found out.

So this releasing in just a few days and seeing the game is in a quite polished state I went ahead and got the Supporter Edition in Steam.

I'm considering to give it a go, but before that I'd love to know -
- Is the part of the game already released fully playable, as in, what you would expect from a full version?
- If you start a game now, will the saves be compatible when the game gets released next week?

If anyone knows, I appreciate the answers!

The answer to both your questions is YES!! However, since it's such a short time I'd wait to play until full release in case you miss any extra content.

Back
Top Bottom