General News - Top 100 RPGs of all Time

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamepressure compiled a top 100 RPG list:

Top 100 RPGs of all time - the best RPGs you need to know

Top 10, Top 20? Today it's time for the top 100! We invite you to review the biggest list in the history of games-online.pl, compiled on the basis of the votes of our authors, editorial debates and the average ratings of users of the site.

[...]
Thanks Porcozaur!

More information.

Oof, that's a long list. There are a few good names, and others I didn't even know existed :D

By the way, is Felipe Pepe still planning to update his CRPG book?

I think he's already working on it.

Nice this will make a good read. Thanks!

I made it to the 3rd page before quitting. These top 100 lists are basically all the same except for the order. I was already getting annoyed by the 2nd page from certain games being listed lower than others.

At least this time I can very well live with the top spot. ;)

At least this time I can very well live with the top spot. ;)

I skipped head and looked after you said that. That wouldn't be my #1, but the Top 6 is surprisingly solid. The only one that I really don't feel belongs that high is DA:O.

I'm glad there are people who enjoyed DA:O that much, but it wouldn't be in my top 5 party-based RPGs much less top 5 of all RPGs.

I'm suprised the Pillars games didn't get a little more love. Ditto for BG 1.

I always read those from the end ;)

I'd definitely swap 16.Morrowind with 4.Skyrim, but I get Morrowind is old- and weird-looking by today's standard. It's "of all times" though. And NWN lower than KoToR? Tsk.

Anyway, it's like sorting dots in a space of 20+ dimensions on one axis, some people may have different points of view. Actually, with a lot of luck, some might share the same point of view. I'll say it, it's plain silly :)

@felipepepe; had found a more sensible and common ground for the axis: time. Much harder to disagree with that.

Nod, I'm one of those that constantly laughs at how high Skyrim tends to get placed in these lists. I don't think age of a product factors in heavily with me, and that likely skews my supposed list from what the majority might believe. Story trumps everything, for me it's far more important than characters and fancy-schmancy graphics. Exploration factor comes in a very close second.

I was very surprised by the top end of the list considering how it started out. Don't normally see the Gothics that high. Also it confirms I have a problem - only 6 games on that list I don't own :help:

I was very surprised by the top end of the list considering how it started out. Don't normally see the Gothics that high. Also it confirms I have a problem - only 6 games on that list I don't own :help:

To understand the extent of the help you need... have you played all the games you own, or do you have a backlog (like all of us)? :D

Until a few years ago, the Star Wars universe was exploited in video games like few others. There were shooters, mobile tactical strategies, slashers, MMORPGs… and of course full-blooded RPGs.

This ois kinda wrong : One genre is still missing : adventure games.
Yes, they did made Action-Adventure games,
but NOTHING in the same depth as Indiana Jones And THe Fate Of Atlantis !

And, as with the cancellation of the Sam & Max game was shown, finally LucasArts itself didn't believe in story. Not in story-only games. Story alone seems to be too weak, because it doesn't contain

- excitement
- adrenaline
- competition (like in "it's me or the NPC").

Story only is still frowned upon, when I look at what genres are selling best.

I was hoping this would be ignored and I would read some posts saying how lame it was so that I could happily not provide them with my clicks.

But, no, sadly everyone was saying "not bad list", so I had to get clickbaited didn't I. Oh well. Pants list, as expected. Witcher 3 no.1? Lol-tastic. Just LOL. And some of the other picks and positions, same old same old, just stick all the names in a hat & draw them out then make the top 10 the best selling games. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

I don't know why but I always loved these Top 100 lists and it consists of fairly diverged games. Many of them could be in my Top 100 list also.

Back
Top Bottom