The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - The Next Skyrim?

I don't mind nudity. It's just the way that it's presented that's awkward. A thousand leering teenage boys kind of thing, fake looking b00bs also. A gimmick. It's like it's trying too hard to be an R-rated HBO show or something.

Are you talking about that scene where Geralt wakes up in the tent with his lover? I'm not quite sure why that would be awkward for you - but I guess that's down to personal preferences.

It's all in good taste, in my opinion.

Again, I'm in the minority. But even the escape from prison is linear, get to the boat, now go to part C, then to part D, then to part E, etc. And you are forced to play as one certain guy.

I don't think anyone is disputing that there are linear sequences in the game.

I agree that some are too long, and it's not the best part of the game.

The introduction sequence is quite long and it sure does take its time introducing the mechanics and such. The prison sequence is for the stealth mechanics, largely, and given how few times you really have an opportunity to use them - it's definitely too long.

I didn't mind it when I first played it, though, because I was really enthralled in the atmosphere and the writing.

For a fantasy game, it's definitely one of the more mature examples and I can't recognise the teenage thing you're talking about.

Bioware certainly does the interactive movie thing, but in a more fluid, efficient way. I was gob-stoppingly bored by the crap the king was telling me in W2 as we walked slowly, oh so slowly.

It's unfortunate that Bioware can't write a compelling or plausible character to save their lives, though.

I swear someday I'll play more of it because I largely trust you guys.

Well, given the amount of times you've repeated your strong dislike of what you've tried of TW2, it seems you've pretty much made up your mind.

Lately, I've seen a lot of negativity in general from you - almost as if you're enjoying being controversial and openly disliking what you know other people like? Am I imagining this or are you just cranky for some reason?

My advice is to trust yourself if you feel so strongly about it.

The game has a few of those sequences, though the introduction is by far the longest - and if you can't stand them, just stay away.

I'm not a fan of such sequences myself - but I'm a big fan of compelling and mature writing, which is what I think TW2 has a ton of. It's also beautiful and it has a very active and entertaining combat system.

But to each his own and no worries.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - The Next Skyrim?
When it comes to sales, it might be.

Just that. And nothing else.

I've been extremely positive about Divinity Original Sin. Looking forward to Pillars of Eternity and DA3.

Wasteland 2 and Risen 3?
You don't think those'll rock too?

I think wasteland is a missed opportunity because of its lackluster/shallow combat. As for Risen 3 i think a lot of people hated Risen 2 and loved Risen 1. But i will let Ovenall speak for himself.

Back
Top Bottom