Two Worlds - Epic Edition Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Southpeak sent over this press release announcing an Epic Edition for Two Worlds, adding in the "Tainted Blood" and "Curse of Souls" packages. As I understand it, these addons only add MP features.
SOUTHPEAK GAMES TO RE-RELEASE COVETED ROLE-PLAYING GAME IN ULTIMATE PC PACKAGE: TWO WORLDS: EPIC EDITION

LONDON – United Kingdom - July 11th, 2008 – SouthPeak Games today announced its open-world role-playing hit game will get a new release on PC with the upcoming Two Worlds: Epic Edition. The expanded game will be available in August 2008.

"Two Worlds has seen unprecedented popularity, not only upon its original release, but in the months since it has gained even more fans," said Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak Games. "Epic Edition collects everything available for the world of Antaloor into one package so those who have yet to explore its rich and vibrant lands can now do so in its entirety."

Two Worlds: Epic Edition will contain the original game and the add-ons "Tainted Blood" and "Curse of Souls", putting the massive world of Antaloor and countless hours of adventuring into one tremendous package. The original Two Worlds gave players a huge world and hundreds of adventures to undertake. The expanded content of Epic Edition adds over 70 online quests, eight new multiplayer maps, an innovative player-versus-player challenge where opponents battle to control magical orbs within a variety of arenas, and introduces the town of Tharnburg where players can train their warriors in various skills and challenge other players to combat in the Gladiator District's huge arena.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition is rated PEGI 16+. For more information about Two Worlds or SouthPeak Games, please visit www.2-worlds.com or www.southpeakgames.eu.
More information.

I think "unprecedented popularity" is a tad off, but it certainly is a good game (after it's patched up). Well worth getting if you like such games, and haven't tried it already.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Two Worlds: The Temptation, which is said to be out in Q4 2008 (which probably means Q1 or 2 2009).

This is perfect timing. I was just about to get this game, and then i hear this news. I will just wait for this edition so i can get the expansions.

I dont think I could fit another epic edition of two worlds into my shelfspace. The previous one allready takes more than its fair share. Allthough it would be nice to get all the expansions on dvd.

Nothing to see here. Just a new SKU to stay on the shelves.

No new single player content?

.....meh

I know - we get multiplayer maps that were already cheap DLC for the XBOX for $20? Um ... no thanks.

Good game if...

This would be great game, if they would bother to improve the clumsy melee combat. Why it so hard to make a good melee combat to 3rd person RPG? For example, Severance - Blade of Darkness has a great intuitive melee combat.

This would be great game, if they would bother to improve the clumsy melee combat. Why it so hard to make a good melee combat to 3rd person RPG? For example, Severance - Blade of Darkness has a great intuitive melee combat.

That would be nice, but I didn't think the melee combat in TW was that bad, and I believe for The Temptation they claim to have improved it. I thought it was way better than G3 (whereas G2 was just right)

That would be nice, but I didn't think the melee combat in TW was that bad, and I believe for The Temptation they claim to have improved it. I thought it was way better than G3 (whereas G2 was just right)

I'd put it on par with G3, actually - you can get through the game by just button mashing (your left mouse button). Or did I miss something?

I'd put it on par with G3, actually - you can get through the game by just button mashing (your left mouse button). Or did I miss something?

Thats not all (theres a dodge too and you have to use diff tactics against groups vs solo mobs vs archers vs big mobs etc), but yeah thats often how action-rpgs are played.

The stun lock was abhorrent in G3, also sliding down an incline paralyzed the PC and couldn't attack. None of that in TW. I agree it was still quite simple, though.

Temptation is a game of its own now and not an add-on afaik.

Back
Top Bottom