C2077 Favorite Cyberpunk games

Cyberpunk 2077

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
Before 2077 arrives, something to tide over.
Have to admit have played very little of this genre, just picked two games on GOG, Satellite Reign( isometric turn based, stealth oriented) and quirky title VA-11 Hall-A( now this is odd, you play as bartender in this setting, has very good reviews).
Didn't started this yet, still on the weeboo Fantasy though.

-Satellite Reign
-Transistor
-Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Non RPGs:

-Neon Chrome is a fun little shooter/time killer…not an RPG but it's still oddly addictive
-For mood/atmosphere alone, Chaos Overlords is a fun, overlooked pick. It's turn-based board game style, and you can tell when it was made because it's got that mid-90's low budget sci fi vibe by the bucketful. It's not mind-blowingly amazing or anything, but it's about the price of a cup of coffee, it's got heart and soul, it'll definitely take you back in time, and it's a ruthlessly challenging test of strategy and planning.
-As FPS games go, I really enjoyed 2012's Syndicate. I know a lot of people hated that game because of the series whose name it took, but as an FPS, I thought it had style and fast-paced fun, even if it lacked a bit of imagination. It's still one of my cyberpunk faves.

I actually truly like one Shadowrun game and that was the SNES Shadowrun game. You should play through that Fluent if you havent.

Deus Ex seems fairly cyberpunk to me and the first one was an excellent game.

There are not so many in the genre, it's pretty much Shadowrun reboot and Deus Ex and that's about it (unless you go into some indie).
Fallout 4 had some cyberpunk to it with the whole synths thing but that's a bit of a stratch.

Va-11 is amazing from the little I've played it. It's mostly just talking to customers and making drinks but the writing is so amazingly great.
Also check out Dex.

Va-11 is amazing from the little I've played it. It's mostly just talking to customers and making drinks but the writing is so amazingly great.

I did play it ( think about the end of chapter I)...it takes a while to warm up to, but gets better the further it goes. Writing has it's ups/downs, but does a great job of pulling you into characters.
Pretty relaxing game all together.

riginally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Before 2077 arrives, something to tide over.
Have to admit have played very little of this genre, just picked two games on GOG, Satellite Reign( isometric turn based, stealth oriented) and quirky title VA-11 Hall-A( now this is odd, you play as bartender in this setting, has very good reviews).
Didn't started this yet, still on the weeboo Fantasy though.
Dood, from the STEAM description "Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game,"
-it's neither turn-based nor an rpg.

Some great cyberpunk titles :

Deus Ex (download the GMDX mod, it is a must-have)
SR: Dragonfall
SR: Hong Kong
Omikron
hackmud
pretty much any Tex Murphy

I've admittedly only played a small selection. It's a fantastically evocative genre; slightly esoteric, yet draws on such a compelling literary vision of a possible future world. High technology blending with low-socioeconomic societies….so interesting and full of great possibilities for story-telling.

Deus Ex (First time through was incredibly memorable…)
Shadowrun (SNES) (Hired it from a store called "Dragon's Lair" which could be a megacorporation in itself…)
Neuromancer (Interplay) on C64
Shadowrun Returns (This one is a little underappreciated I feel; I like that it was more subdued and tightly contained than the follow up)
Shadowrun DragonFall (Still yet to play HK…)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Haven't got to MD or even Invisible War)

Last edited:
Some great cyberpunk titles :

Deus Ex (download the GMDX mod, it is a must-have)
SR: Dragonfall
SR: Hong Kong
Omikron
hackmud
pretty much any Tex Murphy

Deus Ex is technically cyberpunk but not fully. It does have that gritty feel to it but its too modern and advanced (if that makes any sense). A lot of the world feels too clean and organized to be cyberpunk.

I really enjoyed Shadowrun Returns. My favorite in the series.

Back
Top Bottom