VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch 6.0

Always used wesps patch right from the beginning. I never really found a thing that would have annoyed me. That whole discussion of true / untrue / in the intension of Troika seems pointless to me. It surely wasn't in the intension of Troika to release such an unfinished game. They simply didn't have the time to polish the game. If their decisions, as they have been presented to us with patch 1.2, represent the real intension of Troikas vision, is a philosphical question, we could discuss for years. So I don't know how anybody wants to proof fixing some bugs and leaving the rest untouched means supporting the true vision of Troika?

Anyway, the more serious reasons Dhruin already mentioned above. Tessmage made it easy to me to stick to wesp's patch.

I am bias, since I have been testing for the Unofficial Patch since it's beginning, with DanUpright and now Wesp, but curious is right. :)

6.0 is extremely good release and if you haven't played the PLUS you really really should it's restored content, much better balanced. Even if your a purist you owe it to yourself to see the culmination of 4 years work, by countless Vampire fans. :)

An example after a quest robbery instead of just hearing about the police investigating, now you see them on the street, with dialog. Just take a look at the list of fixes for the last 4 years. This isn't new dialog it was in the game, Troika was never given enough time to complete the game. Once Activision got the word they could release from Valve after the Half-Life code theft, Troika was only given 3 months to get the game out and major cuts took place like multiplayer and much more.

Dhruin's right about avoiding True VTMB Patch, he was banned from the major active forums gamespy and gamebanshee. Recently he was allowed to post on official gamespy and list his patch, but he has been forced to stay out of Wesp's thread and stop making up crap and starting trouble, though I am not sure if he can post again on gamebanshee.

This all started with him taking Wesp's work and releasing it as his own Patch without crediting Wesp or DanUpright for that matter. His files had Wesp name on them, was impossible to deny. Then showed up in threads making up things that weren't true ( we call'um lies in Texas) constantly starting fights so the moderators banned him.

I can't speak for it now but even though he said it was only basic fixes it wasn't true, he was adding additional things like his nude skins, among other things.

Once you have completed the game, make a point of playing the Malkivan, this maybe one of the best PC characters ever written, no joke. :)

Btw another Major accomplishment is that ALL dialog has been restored to the game!!
Ok, maybe there are a couple lines hiding still but seriously 99.9% has been restore and to the best of my knowledge you need the Plus. I am just totally blown away by Heather's restored scenes and JACK has tons of new lines I make sure to go and see him every time I get a new Main story quest and before I even report back to you-know-who! So much new dialog, it's just damn amazing. :)

Ok I'll stop posting now :p

Well after reading more threads over at Gamespy and the Codex, I've decided to definitely go with Wesp's patch after all.

I'll probably just do the "basic" install though.

Back
Top Bottom