What games are you playing now?

The problem with TW3 is that there's almost too much content. I think trying to do every single quest and contract in one playthough is a mistake and inevitably leads to burnout for a lot of people.

Currently trying to do everything in the game. It's almost done but it took me 6 month… I still love the game but I admit that it was tedious sometimes ( those damn stashes underwater all over the Skellige Islands ARGH!).

People who don't like TW3 should be forced to play Gothic 4.

Arses should be crucified.

I'm trying to imagine someone saying "arses" with a Boston accent. It just doesn't compute.

On topic - I finally received my new video card yesterday, and now I'm trying to decide what to play next. I was looking forward to playing Vampyr, but I think I might wait until the upcoming patch. I'm leaning towards >observer_

Yea. This was one of the disappointments; after you get the full armor set (such as griffin or feline cat, …); the armor and weapons you find don't have a lot of value. I guess there are a few swords out there that were pretty decent but the bonuses from using the set seem to push in that direction. This meant a lot of the stashes fairly early on become a waste - as does items in general. That kind of hurts one aspect of the game imho. Relatively speaking it is minor issue esp for those that could care less about loot but still it is something i'd liked consider in newer games. Also while skills and items (bombs/oils) can make a big difference esp on harder difficulties the general combat becomes stale after a while with the same routine so hopefully cyber punk will have more diversity in combat. I was thinking abuot how witcher 3 combat compared to farcry 1 (not be confused with the newer games); and in many ways farcry had a lot more diverse combat (I know you can't really compare a 2004 shooter to a 2015 single player rpg) but still there was quite a bit they could have learned from other games to make combat more diverse. Anyway it really depends what one wants from a game - the story telling is decent in witcher 3 but again there are so many side stories I found it diluted from the main plot. I think I would have preferred a shorter game that had more of the side quests form off shoots into the main plot rather than be independent stories and a deeper attention to global reactions to events as the main plot progressed and shaped the world. Different type of game i suppose but i think given the size of the witcher 3 they could have done it - i guess in some ways it would take more effort coordination since it is easier to develop stand alone side plots than ones that have to shift and shape around the world events.

Currently trying to do everything in the game. It's almost done but it took me 6 month… I still love the game but I admit that it was tedious sometimes ( those damn stashes underwater all over the Skellige Islands ARGH!).

People who don't like TW3 should be forced to play Gothic 4.

Got to Skellige and did a bit of the main quest. Interesting stuff.

Skellige is definitely a more pleasant place to ride around in :)

I wonder how much of the main quest is left, at that point?

Arriving there for the first time and assuming you've completed all main quests and optional quests that affect main quests previously (actual sidequests, not contracts!) - it's 2/3 of the main story done.

Also while skills and items (bombs/oils) can make a big difference esp on harder difficulties the general combat becomes stale after a while with the same routine so hopefully cyber punk will have more diversity in combat. I was thinking abuot how witcher 3 combat compared to farcry 1 (not be confused with the newer games); and in many ways farcry had a lot more diverse combat (I know you can't really compare a 2004 shooter to a 2015 single player rpg) but still there was quite a bit they could have learned from other games to make combat more diverse.

I hope CDProjekt understand that. Mechanically, Cyberpunk (the Table top game ) is way more complex than Action RPGs like the Witcher video games. Many cybertechs, weapons, gadgets and skills allows the players to be very creative.

We already know that their Cyberpunk adaptation will have 3 skill "paths", exactly like in the Witcher, instead of multiple classes. It disappoint me a little. I would have love to play a Rockerboy (a kind of cyber-bard).

But in contrary to Geralt, who only use swords, magic and bombs ( and useless crossbows, lol), we will have a good choice of weapons : a large choice of classical ballistic weapons ( Shotgun, sniper, etc…), technical weapons ( electro guns, turrets, gauss…), and more exotic things ( Katana, whip, bows, cyberclaws… ).

Now, I hope they have learned from Ion Storm or Arkane how to make good level designs, and allow us to use that diversity of weapons and techs creatively.

This is my dream game ( have been playing the table top RPG since I was 12), made by one of the studio I respect the most so I really hope they don't fuck it up!

Arriving there for the first time and assuming you've completed all main quests and optional quests that affect main quests previously (actual sidequests, not contracts!) - it's 2/3 of the main story done.

Technically, he's done about half of the main quests if he just reached Skellige. 2/3 would be doing the Kaer Morhen stuff. I checked a walkthrough to be sure, I though Kaer Morhen was the half-point because of how long it took me to finish the game post that point despite doing only main quests…

Kaer Morhen is pretty short, so no it's not half.
Also, the same Kaer Morhen showdown changes depending on previous sidequest choices (examples: spoiler sidekick originating from TW2, spoiler "the witch" isn't killed, spoiler sadly the robbed manipulator sidestory choices doesn't matter there and he won't help, etc). He said he did all previous sidequests but also wasted days on grinding nongreen equipment vulgaris that witchers shouldn't care about at all. At least not by the game's original design.

I didn't say Kaer Morhen is long to do, I said Kaer Morhen felt like the middle of the game to me but it was technically 2/3 into it (it's the 43th main quest on a total of 58). Reaching Skellige, if you did all Velen/Novigrade main quests first, is going to be your #28 main quests, so the half point of the game.

If we'll track main story quests one by one then you're correct.

Haha, you have my respect. After all the quests I started doing those stashes east of Skellige islands. I managed to do like 15 (took me hours), opened the map again, looks a lot cleaner, then I zoomed out…. it's inhuman

Finally playing Tides Of Numenera and I hope to finish it this time. I'll replay Tyranny next as I never played it with the DLC and small expansion Bastards Wounds.

Finally playing Tides Of Numenera and I hope to finish it this time. I'll replay Tyranny next as I never played it with the DLC and small expansion Bastards Wounds.

I really enjoyed Tyranny. I sided with Graven Ashe first time round. Its one of the rare games I then replayed, nearly immediately, siding with the Scarlet Chorus. It was interesting seeing the different ways the story developed, and I'd happily play it again.

Bastards Wounds is poor though. It feels unnecessary, and I found the port key puzzles got old really quickly. I found it to be a bit of a drag to be honest.

Mucking around with D:OS. I've played it a few times already (4 or 5 or 6 or who knows); I don't intend to complete it this time - just wanted to check something out in the first chapter.
-
Btw for folks complaining about pre-made companions in bard tales iv; that's all they have in divinity and like bards tale iv you have to find them and add them to your group - do you have the same complaints about d:eek:s ?

Thanks. Currently being sucked in. Very lovecraftian.
Should I get the DLC too?
Couldn't say since I don't have them. Adds two more "side quest" zones and a few more hero classes. Don't really need the extra zones and there's already a few classes that I haven't bothered with so for now, my vote is "No" but I've got them on the wishlist so if the price ever gets ridiculously cheap I'll probably go ahead and grab them.

Did my usual approach- Fire up, played ~20 rounds (game weeks), started over, and now over 120 weeks in. Playing on easy because I'm lazy. Finished all the side stuff (4 areas x 6 bosses each) and I've gotten thru the first attack on the Darkest. Kinda nervous about that second attack so I've been putting it off.

Back
Top Bottom