Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Pricing and Release Dates

Did you ever stop to think that maybe instead of people just spending their money because they don't care about it, they actually find value in the content that you find mediocre.

Oh, I think it's a combination of both - for most people. I don't think a single person is going to buy this remake expecting to not play it or enjoy it.

I've played the original multiple times and I will play this version multiple times. If I get 200-300 hours out of it, is it still not worth $20?

It depends on what we'd have as an alternative if we didn't support high-priced remakes like this.

If you really think there's 200-300 hours of "fresh" content in this remake - that you couldn't experience in the old version - then I have to say I think you're being incredibly unrealistic.

Don't you mean that this version will simply replace the old version - add a few convenience features and a 6 hour adventure (which may or may not be worthy of BG) - and THEN it will provide the exact same 200-300 hour experience as it always did. Well, though I don't personally see how it can provide that much repeatedly - but I guess you REALLY REALLY like BG :)

You see, that's kinda my point about the price being too high.

My idea of quality and value will differ from yours but that doesn't mean that I want to support crap or don't care about spending my money. It simply means our tastes differ. Which is a good thing because if they only made stuff that you or I like I fear the gaming industry would already be dead.

I think you're underestimating the thought process I'm going through when shaping my opinions. It's not insignificant.

But if you really think this is about me trying to objectively establish the value of this remake - then you're wrong.

I'm simply arguing that we'd have entirely NEW games a lot more often, if we stopped supporting endless remakes - especially at this kind of high price. I'm not just talking about the gaming industry - because that's only just begun remaking games. It won't be long until we see this kind of thing constantly.

There's one good thing about remakes in the gaming industry - and that's when games are remade from SCRATCH - using modern technology and visuals. But that's precisely what they're NOT doing with this particular remake.

Now, whether more new games like this is objectively better or not - that's up to the invididual.

But I actually think most people would prefer less remakes (across the board, not just for the gaming industry) - and more fresh or original material. This is what I'm trying to argue.

Also, there's nothing wrong with a remake in itself - it depends on how it's being handled - and certainly what they're going to sell it for. But again, you're fine with paying 20$ for this game - and that's entirely on you.

Back
Top Bottom