Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed to my other mail address from a different provider - I don't even receive the verification e-mail…
So it's likely some conflict on/with rpgwatch

I received the verification E-mail now after some delay...but I am not going to change my e-mail provider to one from a different country just for rpgwatch notifications ^^

Funny, I discovered that posting the first reply in the News forum (may be elsewhere) is missing a lot of features you see elsewhere such as the Go Advanced button.

I noticed because I was looking for the Image Button for Images. Below is a screenshot:

SSArLsD.png

It has always been that way since I joined the site Lucky Day.:)

In general, I find the new posts detection to be unreliable - it oftens seems to miss updated threads, so I end up looking through each forum.

The new post feature was actually pretty reliable. Well, it works with the new mail address now, but it's still more complicated than it should be now.

The most important thing for the first post after a news comment: If you want to follow the thread, follow it manually. Unlike normal replies, the first reply wont auto-subscribe you.

They seemed to be stuck somwhere in between. Today I received like 20 mails on my mail address which isn't entered here anymore, dated back till 13.12.

Also, if updating the donations page, maybe consider accepting bitcoin, so we can send donations anonymously?

Oh right, completely forgot about that.

Updated :)

The next version of Firefox is going to start marking sites with logins over HTTP as insecure. I expect other browsers to follow. I think it would be a good idea to switch the site to HTTPS.

What does that mean ?

When a website is using simple HTTP, whatever text or data you exchange with them, including your login details, are sent over the network as plain text. It's easy to intercept your details, and it's very insecure.

By using HTTPS, the connection between you and the website is encrypted, making it much more secure. All websites that take payments, and most major websites in general, use HTTPS, or criminals would have a field day.

There is a major push worldwide to make websites use HTTPS by default, particularly if they use logins. Both Google and Mozilla plan to 'deprecate' insecure HTTP. The next update to Firefox is leading the charge, and will start showing visible warnings on sites that login with HTTP. The major browsers plan to increase these measures to make hard to login to a website insecurely.

When a website is using simple HTTP, whatever text or data you exchange with them, including your login details, are sent over the network as plain text. It's easy to intercept your details, and it's very insecure.

By using HTTPS, the connection between you and the website is encrypted, making it much more secure. All websites that take payments, and most major websites in general, use HTTPS, or criminals would have a field day.

There is a major push worldwide to make websites use HTTPS by default, particularly if they use logins. Both Google and Mozilla plan to 'deprecate' insecure HTTP. The next update to Firefox is leading the charge, and will start showing visible warnings on sites that login with HTTP. The major browsers plan to increase these measures to make hard to login to a website insecurely.

Thanks Ripper.
That makes sense.

Hey, guys. I'm new here, but I really like that your forum is very well organized and clean. I have a few suggestions about how to improve life on this forum and how to make it more alive. Should I post them here or in PM to some moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom