Kingmaker - Cleric Companion

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Tristian is a cleric who embodies the virtues of his divine lady, the ever radiant Sarenrae. He is a gentle and kind person, always willing to help someone in distress. If things like this appeal to you:

According to the dogma of the Everlight, no being, no matter what heinous acts it committed, should be denied a chance of redemption. It is the way Tristian follows determinedly – even given the unpleasant experiences and disappointments he found during his travels across Golarion, Tristian still believes in redemption for all.
Or this:

Tristian never preaches, and shares the teachings of Sarenrae only with those who ask to hear them. His faithfulness mixes well with his good-natured curiosity, inexhaustible kindness, and unfailing belief in the inherent good inside every living person - although you cannot help but notice a trace of sorrow in the young cleric's words.

Tristian always seeks to help those in need, but his most recent expedition to the Stolen Lands is one of the greatest tests of his spirit. Something wicked has taken root in the swamps and plains of this region – something that makes curses of all kinds much more potent and deadly. In search of answers Tristian unites with a bold adventurer who seeks to bring peace and order to the Stolen Lands. Should you rely on the cleric and invite him into your party, Tristian will look for the most practical way to help – he never preaches his beliefs if not asked to enlighten others about the teachings of Sarenrae.
Then he might be a good fit for your party.

As the video shows, Tristian also can put up a fight when needed. Don't forget to also check out the additional information in the Kickstarter update.

More information.

Cleric is my favourite class in D&D but the video of Tristian in combat there didn't impress me that much :( hmmm to me, it looks like he is one of the romance options :p

Is this companion LGTB-friendly? jk I have faith in the Russians

Is this companion LGTB-friendly? jk I have faith in the Russians
Considering they already said during KS their game will feature LGBT characters it might be.
But that is in the lore of Pathfinder, Pathfinder books have that as well (unlike D&D books).

It says a lot about society that when someone is described as good, kind, decent, and caring they are seen as soft and weak and assumed, therefore, to be LGBT because of the feminine association.

Hence men who are emotionless, murdering, rugged assholes, as typified by the alt-right, are then assumed to be the straight ones.

Nice to see the Pathfinder lore is more advanced than some of the 5 years old around here at least.

Well, it will only be more advanced if the cleric is straight. Otherwise, it's falling straight into the stereotype. Of course, the lovey-dovey wimp is the homosexual, don't ya know.
If the rugged bruiser is the gay dude and the wimpy cleric is the straight guy, that would be against the norm.

Getting Kingmaker mixed up with PoE2.

Last edited:
Well, it will only be more advanced if the cleric is straight. Otherwise, it's falling straight into the stereotype. Of course, the lovey-dovey wimp is the homosexual, don't ya know.
If the rugged bruiser is the gay dude and the wimpy cleric is the straight guy, that would be against the norm.

Knowing Obsidian though, there will not be a single, normal heterosexual. They don't know how to write those.
Obsidian?!

Here we go again… :rolleyes:

I think Obsidian COULD do it, if they wanted to write deep instead of quirky. I thought they would have the best shot of writing a gay character that seems like a real person instead of a caricature of one.

Gay people are normal. They aren't way out there strange and flamboyant in most cases. It's the dude working next to you and he's the exact same as everyone else, except for his sexual preferences. I work next to these guys every day and unless they happen to tell me, I would never know.

I hope if Owlcat writes some that it's not the Bethesda cop out way. Bethesda just makes everyone a bisexual with no supporting depth.

Doesn't sound like a front line type. Too bad.

To make things even worse, he is a bit like me in RL ... far too friendly ... *rolls eyes*

Would like to see an asexual character… and get on with the adventure.

I wish they remove romances from games these days. It just too much hassle and just add good party banter instead! This way everyone will be happy and we won't get these endless debates about how their personal preferences are not represented or over represented etc.

I wish they remove romances from games these days. It just too much hassle and just add good party banter instead! This way everyone will be happy and we won't get these endless debates about how their personal preferences are not represented or over represented etc.

I personally don't mind romance - when it's done well, it really adds nice touch. But I don't like how developers seem to think its mandatory these days.

About the whole LGBT etc etc. Everyone has their preference and what they prefer is not right or wrong. As long as people are respectable enough towards others, and don't push the agenda, there is no issues. I personally dislike both sides of extremes, i.e. "How dare you not one of us" or "burn the weirdos".

Back
Top Bottom