Wizards of the Coast - D&D & Magic Crossover

SCL is not D&D, not 4E, not 5E, not any D&D edition. It was a crappy-money-grab-diablo-clone that fooled people to think that it was a D&D game.

Man, I miss NWN 2…

Only it is D&D. That's how dead D&D is. SCL is the most recent D&D game, it uses a very popular engine for 2017, it uses the latest official ruleset and WOTC approved everything they did.

SCL 5E D&D? That's amusing :)

I'd say it was loosely inspired by D&D.

4E games? None.
Actually, Neverwinter, the free-to-play MMO from 2013, is supposed to be 4th edition. I haven't played it as I refuse to sink that low, but I assume in reality it's about as 4th edition as SCL is 5th edition. Meaning, not much. Plus, it's cash-grab MMO garbage, but that says more about the state of gaming today than it does about the state of D&D today.

Actually, Neverwinter, the free-to-play MMO from 2013, is supposed to be 4th edition. Granted, it's cash-grab MMO garbage, but that says more about the state of gaming today than it does about the state of D&D today.

It's not that bad, actually - but it's definitely a cash-grab :)

Simple answer and that is everything is politicized in the last few years.
Including forum profile in order to convey the belief that DJT is not the n1 minion to his master, the US People.
This video speaks my feelings on this matter.

Guy is heavily politicized himself and his point of view reflects the double standard stance: people do not oppose politicization unless it goes against their view.

There is no escapism. People do not want to escape, they want that anywhere they go, their views are the dominant point of view. They want continuity everywhere they go.

SCL is not D&D, not 4E, not 5E, not any D&D edition. It was a crappy-money-grab-diablo-clone that fooled people to think that it was a D&D game.

It's better than many make out, but it is NOT a D&D game mechanics-wise. In that regard it is a disappointment. Imo they did manage to get the D&D atmosphere right, though. I had fun with what it was.

It's better than many make out, but it is NOT a D&D game mechanics-wise. In that regard it is a disappointment. Imo they did manage to get the D&D atmosphere right, though. I had fun with what it was.

I agree. People talk about SCL like it's shovelware, but it's actually not that terrible. Granted, I've only played through the first chapter so far, but, unless it gets much worse later on, I don't find it nearly as bad as some claim.

That said, I didn't have the high expectations that some people had. The previews never had me thinking that it was going to be anywhere near as good as the classics.

Is there an official Forgotten Realms Magic: The Gathering deck?

This is boring and I have no interest in either of these projects. I'm still mad that DDO was set in Eberron. Why not Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk? Until they announce a new crpg based on 5th edition, these lack luster projects can go into the rust monster pile.

I could not have said it better !

Back
Top Bottom