[Kickstarter] Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland: An Apocalypse for D&D 5E

Mike Myler

Watchdog

Hello folks!

My fifth Kickstarter has launched and this time we're headed for the future again but instead of soaring heights for hypercorporate skyscrapers, this alternate timeline offers only the ruins of a civilization destroyed by nuclear fire!

Please check out the project page and peruse the 3 *free* PDFs to see if Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland is right for you!

--In the Primer you'll find new character options, new monsters, and rules for radiation

--The Doctor Class offers an alternative healer that uses the power of SCIENCE to save lives (or…do other things)

--In the Settlement Rules PDF you can find out how to carve a society of your own from the shattered remains of the past

If you like what you see in the PDFs, please consider pledging to the project. Thanks for taking a look! :D

We've got a BIG update to the 2099 Wasteland tumblr post today--the enormous atomic mutant! On top of that, you can stop by the Kickstarter page for a FOURTH free PDF: the Scrapper class!

https://2099wasteland.tumblr.com/atomic-mutant

why 5.0 as a base? always thought t'was awful

why 5.0 as a base? always thought t'was awful

Dude thank you for commenting -- this often feels like an echo chamber so I appreciate knowing somebody's legit looked at it. :)

This is the third book I've designed using D&D 5E and it has its strengths, which I design to play to. I have a catch-all d20-only system releasing next year but if there's a rule set I can effectively utilize for settings I try to do so (and aside from that, D&D 5e is the most popular RPG right now).

In 2099 Wasteland we change a lot of the game's assumptions (long rests take a week, short rests are a day, magic negates non-necromancy radiation) and some other base rules but otherwise it's been a delight to playtest. From a designer standpoint the narrative bent of D&D 5E can be very attractive -- especially when you're exploring an irradiated fallout zone where the regular tenets of civilization (shops, communities, etc.) are not always around. I actually think it's better when you remove a lot of the medieval bits and include technology, which is an easier transition than what 3.0 or Pathfinder end up doing in that scenario.

Thanks again for chiming in! :D

As usual I'm also here to notify folks about the tumblr update -- if you like daddy long-legs and insects made huge by radiation, today's post is for you!

https://2099wasteland.tumblr.com/rad-daddy

Grab your Nuclear Knight paladin oath mechaframe and brave the Wasteland before the Kickstarter ends this Sunday (December 18th)!

https://2099wasteland.tumblr.com/nuclear-knight-paladin

d4ldrSvE9fKE-9N5ID43LfOTev3aWMu4PvqXZV8K5YB28YYzV82r3vhYHK8sAXw_Vzhx8FDfz1hLHznGfT6VYmmO7xBTOBNp-heoOUYnthx7UkqkB9aBOCXIyPgBLl8SuF2UbYF1

MAKE YOUR OWN WEAPONS with today's 2099 Wasteland tumblr update! If you're digging the D&D 5e apocalyptic future, check out the four free PDFs and consider pledging before the Kickstarter ends tomorrow night!

https://2099wasteland.tumblr.com/weapon-crafting

Back
Top Bottom