1701AD Gold

dteowner

Shoegazer
Stumbled on this at Best Buy yesterday. I showed enough interest that the Mrs bought it for me even though I told her not to. I'm playing D2, have my virgin run thru NWN2 in a holding pattern, and now I've added this to the 10 other unplayed/unfinished titles sitting on my shelf. I need to turn my router at home off for a week or two and focus on some gaming...

I have that one on my shelf too, dte--still haven't got around to it. It's sitting next to Sid Meier's Pirates which-yep-I haven't played yet either.

Pirates is a good game for periodic obsession. Play the heck out of it for a few days, and then it sits for a year, and then play it again. As a sandbox game, there's no real endpoint as far as what you choose to do, so it's easy to walk away from once the urge is satisfied.

Completely off-topic...I've been meaning to ask you what a "bumper stucker" is. Silly leftie...

Even further off-topic...Actual sign for actual eatery (and VERY good one at that, if you don't mind the dirt floor) in Terre Haute, IN: "Big Shoe Barbeque: We barbeque everything but the baby, and we boil him"

Egads--how embarrassing. Fixed. :blush:

On the BBQ topic, you are only reinforcing the image for me, I'm afraid. My favorite along those lines is a sign at my hairdresser's:
"Children Unaccompanied By An Adult
Will Be Sold Into Slavery."

Last edited:
1701 AD, especially Gold, is generally accepted as a good game. You should give it a try when you feel like a doing a little city building.

1701 AD, especially Gold, is generally accepted as a good game. You should give it a try when you feel like a doing a little city building.
It was actually comments from you and a couple others here at the Watch that put the game on my radar in the first place. I've just got to finish a game or two before starting another.

magerette, do you have the original or the just-released one? This one has whatever expansions hit in EU ... I really enjoyed the original (reviewed at least for GamerDad, and I think elsewhere as well but I can't recall where) to the point I bought the DS game and thought about this as well.

I didn't want to answer anyway. :p

"Includes both 1701AD and The Sunken Dragon Expansion"

Well, dte you have the better answer anyway, because I just looked and it's 1602 AD that I have, a totally different game--all numbers look the same to me, apparently, and games sit on my shelf even longer than I thought. ;)

Mike if you happen to be asking about SM's Pirates! it's expansionless as far as I can tell.

No expansions for Pirates, although there is a small downloadable content pack that adds a bit of inconsequential graphics to the game.

Back
Top Bottom