The Bard's Tale IV - First Stretch Goal Unlocked

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The first stretch goal for The Bard's Tale IV has been unlocked, which means two more companion NPCs are added to the game and enhancing all companions with unique personalities, backstories and the ability to open up additional side content and reactivity.

Also a stretch goal at 1.5 Million dollars is added, which adds three new designers who will design one dungeon each.

First up, we have Sean K Reynolds (the right head), a veteran tabletop game designer who many of you may have heard of. Sean was born in in southern California. A resident of Seattle off and on for the past 18 years, he has designed for TSR, Wizards of the Coast, Paizo, and other publishers, working on tabletop RPGs for D&D, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Birthright, Ravenloft, and Pathfinder.

Next, we have Wolfgang Baur (the left head), who, among other things, is author of the award-winning Kobold Guides to Game Design, and has created dozens of tabletop adventures and sourcebooks including Hoard of the Dragon Queen (with Steve Winter), Dark*Matter (with Monte Cook), Kingdom of the Ghouls, Fortress of the Stone Giants, Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth, and Courts of the Shadow Fey. He also did foundational work on the Planescape and Al-Qadim settings for Dungeons & Dragons, and is the creator and keeper of the flame for the Midgard Campaign Setting and the upcoming Southlands Campaign Setting, and has contributed monsters to both D&D and Pathfinder.

Third, Bruce Cordell (the middle head), an award-winning game designer working at Monte Cook Games, writing for The Strange and Numenera RPGs, both launched via wildly successful Kickstarters. Prior to that, Bruce worked on Dungeons & Dragons over the course of 4 editions as a writer and developer, writing over 100 D&D products, including the Expanded Psionics Handbook, Gates of Firestorm Peak, Return to the Tomb of Horrors, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, Gamma World, and the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. He is also a novelist, and has penned many books for the Forgotten Realms setting, including the Abolethic trilogy.
Next to that is the information about the InXile loyalty program and the achievements on social media.

More information.

This is pretty sweet, I like their approach to stretch goals. They are not over the top but still cool. I expect each dungeon to be great and have a different feel.

This is pretty sweet, I like their approach to stretch goals. They are not over the top but still cool. I expect each dungeon to be great and have a different feel.

I agree. Having veteran p&p designers design different dungeons is a nice way to give different dungeons a fresh approach and yet to ensure that its designed by someone with years of experience.

It's almost like a D&D 3.5e reunion. Not sure that a D&D-style PnP dungeon necessarily translates well to a video game though.

Still not convinced. And the In-engine video did not impress. The audio and music in particular was weak imo. Will definititly get the game if it ever comes out. But not via kickstarter and not a day one purchase. Yet.

Excited about the game and backed, but not thrilled with this kickstarter. They have shown very little regarding the game world/mechanics.

Few updates and underwhelming stretch goals. It's a good thing they built a reputation before doing this one.

Back
Top Bottom