Underrail, formerly known as Timelapse Vertigo

Played for about 10 hours now. Great game! Don't know if I can hold on from playing more until final release. It's just so good.
Love the setting. I'm a fan of the original fallouts and the metro games though which obviously this game draws heavy inspiration from.

Played for about 10 hours now. Great game! Don't know if I can hold on from playing more until final release. It's just so good.
Love the setting. I'm a fan of the original fallouts and the metro games though which obviously this game draws heavy inspiration from.

How's the writing and are there secrets to be found?

The writing is alright, but there could be more. Atleast from what i've seen so far. I would like some more backstory on what happened to the world and such. I do like a certain degree of mystery though where everything isn't spelled out to you from the get go. But it feels abit thin tbh.

There are secrets to be sure and exploration is greatly rewarded especially if you choose to play by the default experiencegain setting. You then only gain expierience by completing quests and finding certain tokens that lorewise tie together nicely with the gameworld. Some tokens drop from monsters, some are hidden in containers and some are in "hard to reach places". It's actually a really great system for explorationnuts like myself.

I started this last night and it seems pretty fun. It isn't much graphically, but once you get past that limitation, there seems to be a lot of choices. There are a handful of stats that drill down into a ton of skills.

Skills have synergies. If you're good at lockpicking, you might get a 20% bonus to pickpocket as well. If you pick a bunch of will-based skills, all of them will get a small bonus from will, etc.

Combat seems a little weak, but there are several different ways to fight. I just found battles to last too long; at least in the beginning. They might go much quicker once I figure out what I'm doing. I like to get fights over quickly so I can move on to the more interesting aspects of exploration and loot acquisition.

There is a crafting system, but I haven't delved into it. Hopefully, Thiraury will keep posting his impressions in this thread :)

The whole team is taking off the next 3 weeks, so this is a down time for new material. Supposedly, they're just about done and will have one final push before release.

It sounds really good. The last time I tried it was about a year ago, so I expect a lot of changes/improvements.

I love the fact that we have two completely different XP systems to choose from.

I went with the standard xp, but there are tons of oddities if you are an explorer. I've probably found 15 oddities in my 10 hours of play.

I started this last night and it seems pretty fun. It isn't much graphically, but once you get past that limitation, there seems to be a lot of choices. There are a handful of stats that drill down into a ton of skills.

Skills have synergies. If you're good at lockpicking, you might get a 20% bonus to pickpocket as well. If you pick a bunch of will-based skills, all of them will get a small bonus from will, etc.

Combat seems a little weak, but there are several different ways to fight. I just found battles to last too long; at least in the beginning. They might go much quicker once I figure out what I'm doing. I like to get fights over quickly so I can move on to the more interesting aspects of exploration and loot acquisition.

There is a crafting system, but I haven't delved into it. Hopefully, Thiraury will keep posting his impressions in this thread :)

The whole team is taking off the next 3 weeks, so this is a down time for new material. Supposedly, they're just about done and will have one final push before release.

Hehe I'm going to try to not play that much more. Don't want to spoil the final version too much ;)

Updating Old Areas

Hey guys, since we got back from vacation we've been developing at a rapid pace. The game is mostly done, save for some dialog and certain amount of visual components for the final event. Once that is in, the game will be playable from start to finish.

Parallel to bringing the main story line to the end, we're doing a final pass through all the areas and updating them visually and adding more flavor dialog. Some of early areas were done ages ago and were badly in a need of a rework. The biggest offenders were SGS and Junkyard, which now both got new looks:

newsgs1.jpg

newsgs2.jpg

newsgs3.jpg

newjy1.jpg

newjy2.jpg

newjy3.jpg

newjy4.jpg

Anyway, the game is really close to completion now and we should be entering close beta phase soon, when we might call upon some of the old dedicated fans to help us test it. There won't be any updates for the public version before full release, though, but that isn't that far off now either. Stay tuned.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to playing it... I'm assuming (hoping) it will be sold on GOG when released?

Perfect, I'm waiting for the full release anyway. Do you plan on tweaking the game for some time after release like the Age of Decadence guys?

Perfect, I'm waiting for the full release anyway. Do you plan on tweaking the game for some time after release like the Age of Decadence guys?

I haven't been watching the development of AoD and what they've been doing, but we do plan to keep working on the game after the release, if that's what you mean.

I bought this game in early access ages and ages ago :) I am glad o see it looks pretty close to release. It looks great, and its gameplay similarities to the first two Fallouts are what made me buy it.

I probably put 60 hours into it and I never got past the city. It can be a long game for the explorer-types.

Please keep updating. I will buy this game when it comes out but for some reason the name of the game will NOT stick in my head. At all.
The plus side is I get pleasantly surprised every time there is an update.

Please keep updating. I will buy this game when it comes out but for some reason the name of the game will NOT stick in my head. At all.
The plus side is I get pleasantly surprised every time there is an update.

You can buy it already and I think you save a few dollars.

Also: awaiting Underrail as the Second Coming of Fallout.

Yeah bought this on Steam months back…. Waiting eagerly for the full release to play it! :)

Thanks for the GOG version. This looks so damn well and sounds even better. Will grab it from GOG once released.

Back
Top Bottom