Risen Camera on the ground in the grass during dialog

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Anyone else noticing or having this issue? When the camera changes perspectives during dialog and switches to Nameless I keep finding myself looking through blades of grass and I can't see anything. Its like the camera is lying on the ground and it is driving me nuts.

Has happened to me numerous times and it is rather annoying.

i don't have Risen yet but this problem happened to me while playing Gothic. it took me a while to realize that it's due to my crazy over-sensitive optical mouse, which i replaced with a Logitech MX518. maybe it's the same for Risen too?

i don't have Risen yet but this problem happened to me while playing Gothic. it took me a while to realize that it's due to my crazy over-sensitive optical mouse, which i replaced with a Logitech MX518. maybe it's the same for Risen too?

I'm guessing no because I'm using a Logitech MX518 :)

agreed! btw, the MX518 is one sweet mouse. :D

Just bought a Logitech MX620, love it so far.

That is what I've had for a while and I like it. For Risen I remapped the back button to enter/leave combat mode instead of the mouse wheel. I was gonna remap the forward button to open/close the map....but forgot about it and have been too lazy to bother since then :p

I have only had a single instance of totally obscured view in dialog in many hours of playing ... total non-issue for me.

That is what I've had for a while and I like it. For Risen I remapped the back button to enter/leave combat mode instead of the mouse wheel. I was gonna remap the forward button to open/close the map….but forgot about it and have been too lazy to bother since then :p

:) That is exactly how I mapped that button when I first started. I've since tweaked it so that the back button draws my melee weapon, while the forward draws my ranged weapon.

:) That is exactly how I mapped that button when I first started. I've since tweaked it so that the back button draws my melee weapon, while the forward draws my ranged weapon.

I've got a Razer Deathadder. It's got two extra buttons. I've assigned these to keys 1 and 2, so I should be able to draw my sword/shield using the mouse. The new assignment doesn't do anything in Risen. Do I have to change something in configuser.xml?
It's not a big deal, so I won't spend a lot of time figuring it out, but if it's an easy change I'd sure like to know.

All I had to do was change it in the ingame settings. Double click the key you want to change and it pops up a thingy telling you to hit the button you now want to use. Fairly quick and simple.

I've got a Razer Deathadder. It's got two extra buttons. I've assigned these to keys 1 and 2, so I should be able to draw my sword/shield using the mouse. The new assignment doesn't do anything in Risen. Do I have to change something in configuser.xml?
It's not a big deal, so I won't spend a lot of time figuring it out, but if it's an easy change I'd sure like to know.

I had the same problem with a different mouse before I got my Logitech. I'm not sure if it was the mouse or the game. The extra buttons on my MX620 are recognized as mouse 4 and mouse 5, so I didn't have to program anything.

All I had to do was change it in the ingame settings. Double click the key you want to change and it pops up a thingy telling you to hit the button you now want to use. Fairly quick and simple.

The ingame settings are all(!) locked, regardless of the icon (the icon of an open/closed lock at the beginning of each line). I can't change any setting. I could double click all day, no thingy's showing up. :(
Thanks for replying, Uriziel.

I had the same problem with a different mouse before I got my Logitech. I'm not sure if it was the mouse or the game. The extra buttons on my MX620 are recognized as mouse 4 and mouse 5, so I didn't have to program anything.

Any idea how Windows refers to them? I mean... I could add a line in configuser.xml.

Something like:
Key_Mouse_ButtonLeft
Key_Mouse_ButtonMiddle
Key_Mouse_ButtonRight

But I don't know how mouse button 4 and 5 are called.

Don't hit me, but I have to ask.......did you click the right place. There is a lock icon and the action...then the primary...then the secondary. If you just click on let's say "forward" <---the word, it won't do anything. But if you double click on W, which is the default primary, you should get a popup thingy. Or if you click on the up arrow ^ or whatever is the secondary, you get a popup thingy to change the secondary control. Clicking on the action doesn't do anything afaik.

I took the two seconds to remap. Back button is still to draw or stow my chosen weapon. Forward is just that......he runs forward so I can play one handed when going across the map. And speaking of map, the middle mouse button is my journal(what the L key did), and I think I'll make the search button my inventory. Now I will be able to play while holding a cold beer :p

Don't hit me, but I have to ask…….did you click the right place.

Oops. *giggle* I just got myself a popup thingy!
But: 'use 0' - 'use 9' are locked. Nothing's popping up there. No change as far as mouse button 4 and 5 are concerned. My assignment is working in Windows though; when I click in Notepad for example on mouse button 4, I get a '1', and on mouse button 5 I get a '2'.

(Earlier I forgot to thank you, JDR13, like I did Uriziel. Of course: thanks for your reply.)

It is so simple to see has blond roots :p

Back
Top Bottom