Gaming BS of the week

I keep hoping our condo association will finally ban smoking in our building, but no such luck as of yet. I'm sure it will happen the year we decide to sell and move, with the way things tend to work out!

Another grotty bit of shovelware hoping to get some headlines.

I remember some crappy RPG maker "game" depicting Columbine shooting from the perspective of the shooters.

Politicians need to have a game that will serve as scapegoat for their incapability to deal with school gunning and it wouldn't surprise me some stupid senator funded that garbage just to point finger at.

Well technically they booted them because the developer was a well known scammer who had changed his name (they had previously been booted under a different name).

I'm quite pleased to see Steam has some values, good for them. Let someone else market that rubbish.

Here in Germany, nobody would laugh about that. He'd got a visit by the police instead.

There might be some validity but either way it is hard to shoot someone without a gun…

Oops read the article. that game is poor taste.

btw steam booted the game:
https://steamed.kotaku.com/valve-removes-school-shooting-game-from-steam-1826404803

Bruhahaha :

What that means is that Valve didn’t exile Berdiyev from Steam explicitly because Active Shooter was a steaming mound of insensitive dog vomit.

Sounds to me that they booted him because he was a scammer, and NOT because of the game itself …

Correct. The open question is if that was a political out (they don't actually have to censor content but would have if push came to shove); or the only reason.

Sounds to me that they booted him because he was a scammer, and NOT because of the game itself …

I find it very disturbing that people still are not against school shooting games.

I find it very disturbing that people still are not against school shooting games.

I really think that sort of thing has to be done with taste and respect for the situation. Those are subjective criteria, but this game in particular satisfies nobody's, I think.

I'd defend their right to create it, but I wouldn't respect the platform that distributed it.

Generally, I'm one of such people who is not against anything when it comes to videogames and that includes that topic in form of a game.
Unlike you, I find it very disturbing people, especially those on political positions, believe bits (ones and zeros) are real living creatures and not just props/dolls. Noone really dies in videogames.

My previous comment perhaps needs some more detail.
The actual problem I see with this particular school shooter game are the same ignorant figures with power who'll blame a game for real life murder spree. In case of this game it's creator(s) should have known better instead of feeding trolls.
I'm still saying no to censorship, the game should have been rated 7834564783568+ or something and buyers aware of political abuse that'll result from such product should vote with their wallet.
But banning in stores just because of it's content? No. A consumer is not sheep, has some IQ and can decide themself. Yea, I know what you're thinking, where's that IQ when it comes to lootboxes... It's not videogames, it's gambling. Two different things.

Yea I have to agree that I don't like the idea of censoring games even if they lack taste.

Having said that - I would like to have is a better understanding if there is any connection between people behavior and games and if so if it matters at what age people start playing video games. Unfortunately a lot of people are willing to offer opinions here - esp politicians but i've seen little in the way of facts.

Well the fact is Anders Behring Breivik was World of Warcraft and Call of Duty adicct.
However, there are millions of others who play WoW and CoD, but would never even think of pulling out the thing he did in RL.

Probably we won't ever see a proper study.

I suspect you are right, as pervasive as gaming is now, no one would want a study like that researched or published. I can already see the lobbyists lining up to shut any expose like that down immediately.

Back
Top Bottom