Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Patch 82.8193.20

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Lucky Day reports that the new Neverwinter Nights:EE patch includes a ton of fixes, nwsync optimization, content updates, and more rendering improvements. The New scripting function SetCurrentHitPoints allows you to set hit points on objects bypassing the need to fully heal and damage them which doesn't always work.

For more details -> look here.

More information.

Looks like I'll be updating the GOG version once again.

Lucky Day reports that the new Neverwinter Nights:EE patch includes a ton of fixes, nwsync optimization, content updates, and more rendering improvements. The New scripting function SetCurrentHitPoints allows you to set hit points on objects bypassing the need to fully heal and damage them which doesn't always work.

For more details -> look here.

More information.

Believe it or not: I'm still at 78.8186.1 because for me everything higher crashes upon startup. :(

Believe it or not: I'm still at 78.8186.1 because for me everything higher crashes upon startup. :(

You ever figure out what your issues were? Beamdog are slow to get patches to Gog and even their own, non-DRM version always focusing on Steam first so, for obvious reasons, you aren't running that one.

What are your hardware specs?

For anyone who still enjoys playing NWN modules, a new version of A Dance with Rogues was just recently posted to the vault. It's especially designed for the EE but I've been playing it w/ NWN Diamond and it's really good, lots of changes beyond visual tweaks.

Note: this mod has a lot of adult content, but much of it is optional / avoidable.

You ever figure out what your issues were? Beamdog are slow to get patches to Gog and even their own, non-DRM version always focusing on Steam first so, for obvious reasons, you aren't running that one.

What are your hardware specs?

Nice of you to answer.

Well, my current machine is ancient. I have a new one nearly ready, I just have to install the CPU fan and install the optical drives. I hope I'll get that one done until new years eve. Its a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX1070

My ancient current system is a QX6850@3.08MHz, 4GB RAM, GTX580 (3GB version).

Nice of you to answer.

Well, my current machine is ancient. I have a new one nearly ready, I just have to install the CPU fan and install the optical drives. I hope I'll get that one done until new years eve. Its a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX1070

My ancient current system is a QX6850@3.08MHz, 4GB RAM, GTX580 (3GB version).

Man that ticks me off reading you still run at gtx580. I used to own a 1.5gb ver of it and then owned a tgx670.. Both went bad on me over time. Really wished they still worked.

oops meant 570.. then 670..

Just updated to this latest patch. 1.2gb, holy crap, that's a lot of patching for a game that originally only required 2gb of space when it was released in 2002!

For those who are tempted but undecided, Neverwinter Nights: EE is 50% off on Steam (it was already -50% on GOG).

I was tempted to grab it on GOG, but Beamdog only provides betas on Steam, at least for Baldur's Gate...

they update Gog but it takes time. If you have Diamond already there you also get all the addons it had. That said, I'd still stick with Steam. They update Steam before they even do their own.

I just found out there's a Linux bug for .20.1 where .16 still works. .16 was the last stable version. So, they're working it.

And yes, I said .20.1 - there was a hotfix for .20

Back
Top Bottom