King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer

Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game, when released, simply won't be fully functional for a variety of reasons. I don't recall anything even close to this phenomena back in the eighties and nineties, I'm not sure if the work involved just got more shoddy or if laziness crept in somewhere along the line.
My opinion is back then you didn't have high speed internet. So developers tried to release a game in good condition. Nowadays they can patch it later with updates.

It was both a blessing and a curse.

Of course there's drawbacks, you're buying a game before you know if it's actually going to be any good and setting yourself up for a sunk cost fallacy.
When you buy it on regular release, you still don't know if it's any good. ;)

Last edited:
Of course you do, that's the whole point of the review system that human beings have developed for media releases over the past century. And now we have the internet we can actually watch people playing the game before purchasing as well, so I'm not just talking about LOL@reviewers of old.

This avenue could be useful to you:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=why+y...-32&sk=&cvid=C6C761EC4C63465DB30FB4F9C2EF23BC

Yep, so the crucial moment is not the regular release but the moment when (enough) information is available.
This might be before the release (during pre-order phase) or some time after the release.

Obiously if there isn't enough information available before release, a pre-order has a drawback. You just can't generalize from that that it always has a drawback.

I'm not intereted in an realistic looking game of this sort.
Unlike you, I am.
has denuvo shit, no $ from me
Denuvo is not something that'd stop me buying a title.
The game's content however can.

I will not preorder this. And I do not trust beta reviews.
Will the game be a part of my collection depends on the postrelease impressions. If noone states it's too grindy, irritating or boring, count me in.

Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game, when released, simply won't be fully functional for a variety of reasons. I don't recall anything even close to this phenomena back in the eighties and nineties, I'm not sure if the work involved just got more shoddy or if laziness crept in somewhere along the line.

I would even say :

"Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game won't have any light comic look."

Unlike you, I am.

Then you must be satisfied by this myriad of realistic looking games these times.

Back
Top Bottom