Is there no game like Gothic 1 and 2 in this world?

I'll just pop in and say that there is no other game that's even close to Gothic games except Risen 1. Which is sad, Gothic had awsome design ideas that were not accepted by others in their openworld games.
Some do look similar but are not even close. Mentioned Elder Scrolls and Two Worlds have endlessly respawning trashmobs unlike Gothic games. AC games don't have saving anywhere option.

I'd say from G2, continue with G3, then into Risen 1.

Sorry, Elder Scrolls doesn't even come close, IMHO. That's a poor man's Gothic. The vanilla games, at least.

Thanks for suggestion guys I am currently playing Ultima IX and i love it but i don't get the hate reviews toward this game.

Feel free to start a new thread about Ultima IX, it'll be more readable than bulking it in with discussions about Gothic-alikes.

I am enjoying Ultima IX right now its really resemble Gothic 1 and 2 but idk why people hate that game so much.The soundtrack is amazing , combat is ok and gives the same atmosphere feeling of Gothic.Gonna complete this Ultima IX then i will move on to Gothic series.

A good atmosphere pic of Ultima IX

Ultima-IX-Ascension-screenshot-video-games-34096524-800-600.jpg

Can you provide a link to the "people who hate it so much" so I can understand what you're on about?

When released that game was called Bugscension by it's buyers, guess why.
Also, there were no tooltips to see even if you kill everyone on the planet.

Were things ever fixed, dunno.
But that's why the hate.

Cool, so you do know why there's so much hate. I look forward to your thoughts when you've actually played it to completion so you can set the record straight for 2016.

Cool, so you do know why there's so much hate. I look forward to your thoughts when you've actually played it to completion so you can set the record straight for 2016.

You won't see me playing Ultima9 "to it's completion". I have no desire nor time to even start it and check at what state it's today.
If your note was ment for Razz… Ah, well, sorry.

After exploring i guess i had to give up on Ultima IX .First i thought it would be a game like gothic but it turned horribly wrong.

Well, just as a forewarning, Ascension still has its problems. I've played and completed all of the Ultima games except for Ultima IX, which logically may suggest something. :)
The game was quite obviously one of the inspirations for Gothic's distinctive game play style.

In fact, here's a thread I made when I last tried to play Ascension here on the 'Watch, but ended up abandoning it after some performance problems on my older PC as well as a show-stopping bug. http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14233

As an Ultima fan, I probably should get back to this and try again at some point, regardless of how I may find the experience.

You won't see me playing Ultima9 "to it's completion". I have no desire nor time to even start it and check at what state it's today.
If your note was ment for Razz… Ah, well, sorry.

Yes, we cross-posted.

Gothic is a game that I always wanted to like, but couldn't get past the clunky interface and the fact that it was very hard to start as a mage; which is my prefered class. I own all three of them though. I really enjoyed Risen 3 though.

I don't think Drakensang 2 would fit into the list, or am I wrong ?

Gothic is a game that I always wanted to like, but couldn't get past the clunky interface and the fact that it was very hard to start as a mage; which is my prefered class. I own all three of them though. I really enjoyed Risen 3 though.

This was one of it's biggest faults (arguable i'm sure, there's probably some that liked it). The controls take some discipline to get used to it, and after that become muscle memory fairly quick, but the adjustment phase isn't super.

This was one of it's biggest faults (arguable i'm sure, there's probably some that liked it). The controls take some discipline to get used to it, and after that become muscle memory fairly quick, but the adjustment phase isn't super.

Because of the combat controls I was one of the many that almost gave up on Gothic I, but tried again after seeing the amount of praise give to it on RPGDot. After getting used to it, it actually made more sense with the back and forth (and lunging type overhead) swinging of the buttons instead of just a straight up button mash. It soon became my all-time favorite game

Gothic controls are a bit akward at first, but imo they make sense once you get used to them.

And I loved the fact that magic wasn't just something everyone could use. You had to earn the right to study magic. Magic users were top of the society in both gothic games. :)

Sorry it´s about gothic in so many ways my favourite games ever
I´ve only played two worlds 1 but I can´t really understand the comparision

perhaps boiling point or white gold if you can stand fps but still its not the same
Ultima underworld 1 and 2 or arx fatalis

Back
Top Bottom