The Forgotten City - Release: July 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The former Skyrim mod The Forgotten City will be released in July. Henriquejr spotted a new trailer:

The Forgotten City: Walkthrough Trailer

The Forgotten City by Modern Storyteller will be available in July 2021! Discover the mechanics of the game through this video commented by voice actor Steven Kelly.
More information.

I wonder how much it's changed. It's kind of mind blowing to me that this got a standalone release. I played the mod and it was so so. For a mod.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the base game, I might check this one out the next time I feel the urge to play an action-y type game.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the base game, I might check this one out the next time I feel the urge to play an action-y type game.

Unless they changed it a whole lot, you would be disappointed then. It was a murder mystery sort of thing where you ran back and forth between characters and talked to them. Very little fighting or action of any sort.

They say it's a detective sort of game, the absence of combat doesn't bother me. It looks interesting to explore, and I like the idea they tried to accurately reproduce the ancient Rome's architectural style. It's a bit surreal with the artificial lighting though, but it can easily be ignored.

But I saw in the gameplay that there were big pointers like in AC games (at least to Diane's shrine). So I hope these can be turned off, and that this game is not holding the player's hand all the time. We'll have to see when it's released. Perhaps it's just an occasional, QoL feature.

They should probably know that gold would be less robust than those plants, when climbing the rocks :D

This looks dreadfully boring to me. Rewinding time to speak to the same NPCs again and again just doesn't appeal to me at all.

For me, there has to be something compelling to take the place of combat in games without it. I'm not seeing that here. It should appeal to fans of adventure games though.

From the impressions I get from the video the city looks shallow and empty. Just like in the base game.

Back
Top Bottom