Skyrim - v1.2 Patch Update

Is there anyway to get the beta patch? I have no clue as to how you do this since I normally just let Steam do all the updating.

@Dajjer could you post a link to that map? Might make my CTDs not so bad :)

I had 2-7 sec freezing issues, but that unoficial patch fixed it.

Since than no crash or any other problem

But i want to see hotkeys fix please !

I had 2-7 sec freezing issues, but that unoficial patch fixed it.

Since than no crash or any other problem

But i want to see hotkeys fix please !

What exactly do you want to see improved concerning hotkeys? Left hand dual wield?

I know one of the devs mentioned this should address some keybinding issues but not sure if hotkeys will be included.

What exactly do you want to see improved concerning hotkeys? Left hand dual wield?

I know one of the devs mentioned this should address some keybinding issues but not sure if hotkeys will be included.

Switching back and forth from spellcasting in 1 hand with weapon in the other to two weapon dual wielding can be cumbersome. Most of the time it merely replaces the right-hand weapon with another weapon.

I would like to be able to hot-key combinations or sets so you could hotkey 2 spells or 2 weapons with the same hotkey.

Switching back and forth from spellcasting in 1 hand with weapon in the other to two weapon dual wielding can be cumbersome. Most of the time it merely replaces the right-hand weapon with another weapon.

Precisely. I´m delaying diverging into dual wielding because of that.

I would like to be able to hot-key combinations or sets so you could hotkey 2 spells or 2 weapons with the same hotkey.
Yep. This needs to be implemented :).

Playing from the tesv file directly improved the stability for me.

I played a bit at a friend's house, and ran into the problem where duel casting stuck your right hand on the last spell cast, until you go and equip a one handed weapon, and take it off again, at which point, you are free to assign the right hand to a different spell. And you had to do this every time you switched. He's now waiting for the patch.

Then again, I don't use Steam much, so I don't know how it updates (possibly without letting me know?).

I don't know about any Skyrim update but generally speaking Steam does in fact update (almost) without letting you know if you have it set to "Always keep this game up to date". Steam will download and install any patches in the background with that setting enabled. When the patching is done there is a short pop-up message from Steam (think Windows 7 Action Center like) informing you that Steam has finished downloading and installing updates for game XYZ. If you are AFK at the time of the pop-up message or if anything else interferes with it then you'll never know that Steam has updated a game of yours.

I am crashing a lot mostly inside caves or during Dragon encounters. I am kind of on the low end with 4 gig ram and only a 250 geforce card. I will try getting the newest drivers first then the ram I guess. I have a AMD Phenom quad and WIN7 so I don't think they are the problem. Also, I switched to offline mod and I didn't have as many crashes before that so maybe that is it.

I have good news. NO MORE CRASHING!!! All I did was launch from the TSV.exe file in the folder and it now runs perfectly. Played about 5 hours without a crash. That's got to be a record for me.

I have good news. NO MORE CRASHING!!! All I did was launch from the TSV.exe file in the folder and it now runs perfectly. Played about 5 hours without a crash. That's got to be a record for me.

That explains why i've not had any crashes I guess. I create shortcuts directly to the .exe's for all my steam games so can can launch them all directly from my desktop.

I am kind of on the low end with 4 gig ram and only a 250 geforce card.
This has nothing to do with your crashes as the game doesn't crash at all on geForce 9600 GT which is 10 years older than 250 (well… something like that), plus the rig I'm playing the game on has only 2 Gigs of RAM. Clean windows install perhaps should do the trick on your side?

Indeed! Since I started launching from the .exe file, it seems to have fixed a lot of problems.

Moriendor said:
If you are AFK at the time of the pop-up message or if anything else interferes with it then you'll never know that Steam has updated a game of yours.

Ah alright, this makes perfect sense.

That explains why i've not had any crashes I guess. I create shortcuts directly to the .exe's for all my steam games so can can launch them all directly from my desktop.

It may well be the issue for some people but I run the game from Steam and haven't had a single crash at all, so the correlation isn't that simple.

I have a hard time seeing why Steam would make the game crash, I must admit. I loathe the client - truly - but it doesn't seem likely as the true cause. Maybe the overlay?

Then again, maybe it's some kind of poetic justice going on ;)

It may well be the issue for some people but I run the game from Steam and haven't had a single crash at all, so the correlation isn't that simple.

Same here.

It might be handy to bypass Steam when it comes to some mods, but for now I'm going to stick with going through Steam because that'll give the stats to the business guys that Skyrim is the kind of game people are playing and they should make more games like this.

for now I'm going to stick with going through Steam because that'll give the stats to the business guys that Skyrim is the kind of game people are playing and they should make more games like this.
Amen to that!

Back
Top Bottom