Torment:ToN - Free Weekend and 60% Off

Loved the game :)
60% is def worth it.

It is a really unique rpg indeed. A game worth of getting no doubt. Personally I can't say that I was blown away by it, but the game was intresting and memorable to play through. It is a bummer that it didn't do better.

It is a really unique rpg indeed. A game worth of getting no doubt. Personally I can't say that I was blown away by it, but the game was intresting and memorable to play through. It is a bummer that it didn't do better.

Agreed. It had its "blow me away" moments, though, and was the rare title that I wanted to replay immediately (ended up moving to something else, but I thought about it.) Wish it would have done better so we could get more RPGs like it.

Am actually doing my first playthrough right now. I just reached the Bloom. It's a very polished game, reasonably enjoyable. I think it garners a lot of hate because it didn't capture the lightening-in-a-bottle from Planescape: Torment, but if you ignore the pedigree and just take it on its own, it's decent.

Could possibly complete in a weekend?
It took me 26 hours. I tried to complete all side quests I found but didn't try hard to find everything.

Began the game, but there was soo much capital nonsense in the writing and texts too long that I haven't continued it since. Very not appealing game.

Well worth it - is one of my favorite games in the last few years to come out.

I'm a click through the text gamer, so this wouldn't work for me. PST bored me to death. Tried it once and rage quit after the 4 billionth text bubble in a row. The brilliant, cartoon-ish graphics throw me off too. I worry about that for the Stygian Abyss game too.

I liked it but unfortunately PS:T is still better. On my 2nd playthrough I got a nasty bug which invalidated all of my skills after reaching Bloom, which means that that the game considered me as level 1 for the skill checks. This didn't happen the first time.

The Bloom also seriously grossed me out. Before reaching it, I was quite addicted, but in Bloom I couldn't go through an hour without being utterly disgusted. I really wish they could have chosen Oasis instead.

But in general it's a solid RPG and I had much fun.

Back
Top Bottom