Quantcast
What games are you playing now? - Page 496 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 30th, 2017, 19:13
The loot can be:
1. ingame cash
2. animal trophies
3. trinkets
4. bows (4 different types), melee weapons (also 4 types) and shields
5. materials needed to improve character

The first one you get in small amounts from containers (4-6 coins) unless you rob a courier or find a stash I was talking about (unmarked on the map yet you learned about it from a note). These net you 100 or 200, maybe more if bigger level.

For second you need to kill, yea, animals. There is no use for it other than selling, however there is a side quest that needs you to bring two vulture heads, two hyena heads and dunno two heads from some third animal. Luckily, you may hunt all of those nearby. Since you'll be earning $ from killed animals, no reason to attack couriers. Unless you spot someone carrying thousands. I still didn't.

Trinkets you get from looting containers and sometimes from human trashmobs. Also useless except to earn $ from selling them. They're not so rare, but because of the hunter sidequest I stopped selling these thinking what if there is a sidequest where you need to bring a few or even more. So far no such quest, but better safe than sorry, right?
Besides I have tons of ingame $ already.

Equipment (ranged, melee, shield) appear in 3 quality versions. Common (blue) are weakest. Purple (rare) have better effects while yellow (legendary) are top notch. As you may suspect, blue drops often while for purple and gold you'll have to "work" a bit. Weapons and shields you can sell for ingame $, but you can also break them into materials.

Finally materials. Skins you will loot sometimes in containers, but usually you'll just kill an animal and get what you need. There are certain miniboss animals that net you a huge amount of skins. Lumber and different ore you get from dismantling weapons. Rarely also by looting containers.
Basically, you'll want to dismantle all blue (common) weapons and later when you get yellow (legendary) ones you'll want to dismantle also purple (rare) weapons. You can also rob couriers that transport lumber and ore. I suggest attacking only iron shipments, as iron is a bit hard to find. Ignore the rest unless you really need something that is being transported fast. I mean, it's grind then!
There are also two superrare ore types which you can loot only in tombs, but also buy from a certain merchant. So far I didn't have any need to buy any of these rare ore, but then again I'm sidequesting a lot.

What am I trying to say. You won't be a badass instantly nor you can grind your stats up on the first map (mainly because there are no crocodiles nor hyppos to kill there for their skin).
Also, as weapons/shield are random, you cannot know if you'll get the legendary item (finally). So far legendary equipment I got only from certain hard to kill minibosses and specific puzzle based loot.

Anyway, level cap is apparently 40, I'm level 29. As you may see on the next screenshot, I didn't max everything yet and in case of tool pouch I still need croc/hypo skins:

I'd say ingame economy is pretty much balanced. Unless you'll grind like crazy, but that never was my pair of shoes. Besides the game already feels easy.

Let's mention microtransactions again. All items offered for real $ can drop from a specific trader's lootbox (skins and mounts included). Sure, you won't have enough ingame money to "gamble" unless you'll pay with real $ (just don't). But you can always cheat millions in if collecting different outfits is your thing:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/582160…2338961696658/
Just don't.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; October 30th, 2017 at 19:27.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

October 30th, 2017, 23:23
Which game - elex or aco ?

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The loot can be:
1. ingame cash
2. animal trophies
3. trinkets
4. bows (4 different types), melee weapons (also 4 types) and shields
5. materials needed to improve character

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 31st, 2017, 01:39
I'm going to take a guess and say it isn't the PB game.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

October 31st, 2017, 02:18
Yeah, and I am still slinking my way through the Talos I satellite, sneak killing every creepy crawler (almost), and exploring every nook and cranny. Never had so much fun with a wrench, and certainly a lot more fun than the wrench my back has been suffering for the last month.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

October 31st, 2017, 05:36
NBA 2k18

realreel

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

November 6th, 2017, 20:20
After long break I returned to gaming, still not fully but at least I got some sweet gaming hours finally.

Grim dawn with latest expansion. Playing new classes, Necromancer and having great time with it. My character practically does no damage and relies on buffed up minions to do his dirty work.

Nameless one

Wizzard

+1:

November 6th, 2017, 20:37
I'm playing the 8-bit retro Dungeons of Chaos. I bought it on Steam for less than $10 and I've already sunk 20+ hours into it. This is a combat game that has deep character customization. Skills, stats, perks, party formations, classes, training that can be slowly learned by doing or spending hard-earned talent points for quicker growth. Exploration is very good too. There are secret doors that are only unearthed by perception, locks only pickable by a rogue or high level magic, etc.

A very deep character system with supremely cheap graphics. I mean it was an ipad exclusive for a long time iirc. I'm surprised how much fun I'm having with this. Let's see it feels like most like Ultima 3 with tweaked graphics. Richard Garriot even admitted to playing it and having fun. The dev was blow out of the water when Lord British posted about his game.

This would be perfect for @Archangel and @luj1. This is classic old-style combat rpgs.

Quests are pretty straight forward. Almost all of them start with a townsperson/trainer asking you to clear a dungeon to keep their town safer or to collect a needed resource.
Anyway I've talked it up other places, but this is what I'm playing now.

I tried it on the iphone but the screen is just too small for that device; at least for these old eyes.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

November 6th, 2017, 23:30
I played Dungeons of Chaos for almost a month I think, it was excellent. Should any new content be added, I'll be going back.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

November 7th, 2017, 01:03
Got it on my radar already. I like Low Magic Age too.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 7th, 2017, 08:21
Needed some comfort gaming, so back to Mass Effect 2. Just love that first entry into Afterlife, makes me smile every time!

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 7th, 2017, 18:29
Playing king bounty dark side. THe closest to an rpg of the king bounties.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

November 9th, 2017, 19:15
suddenly some hitman mood came to me, so i started the first game after 13 or 14 years, gonna replay the entire series if i have time; but in the first game, damn some terrible controls and no save during missions
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

November 10th, 2017, 00:17
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
suddenly some hitman mood came to me, so i started the first game after 13 or 14 years, gonna replay the entire series if i have time; but in the first game, damn some terrible controls and no save during missions
I started and stopped playing the first one recently for those exact reasons. I got them all in a bundle ages ago and haven't played any of them before… Any suggestions on where to pickup the series if I don't want to play through number 1?

Thanks in advance
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Sentinel

November 10th, 2017, 01:15
Well i liked them all, played every one back in the day when they were released. Part 2 is better than the first, story is more attractive, they added checkpoints in missions and the disguise meter which made it harder…start with this see if you like it. Part 3 is actually some missions from the first game plus others. Most people say bloodmoney was the best, big areas with many ways to complete the objectives.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

November 10th, 2017, 01:23
I finished the original Hitman years ago, and that was an excercise in masochism. It was easily one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but I finished it out of pure stubbornness.

I always meant to go back and try some of the other games in the series…

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

November 11th, 2017, 06:54
In the mood to play Counterstrike right now before playing beer pong later in a party.

blinkingwhip

Traveler

November 13th, 2017, 16:52
Originally Posted by blinkingwhip View Post
In the mood to play Counterstrike right now before playing beer pong later in a party.
I have never played either of these. I hope you have fun!
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 13th, 2017, 21:26
Still playing Deus Ex Mandkind Divided.

Playing as a sneak and only using non-fatal takedown, and ghosting through everything, with my own personal challenge to takedown every enemy (well except for the train station, had to give up on taking them all down ghosting) and hack everything up to level 3 and getting the data stores even if I have the code. I only use a gun with EMP ammo on the exoskeleton guys or robots if I can't take them down by sneaking up on them. Not only that, but I'm trudging back and forth to sell junk found. This is taking a while.

On the last zone of Utelek and have already spent 80 hours (fully exploring Prague being most of that) and have 100k euros.

Utelek is visually rather amazing, btw. However, came across a bug where the market would not render when coming back from ARC territory for selling and entry would cause me to fall through the game. So I had to give up selling stuff in Utelek. Still a great game.

The plight of the augs is so sad in this, and it is rather heart wrenching at times. The writing and voice acting is first rate most of the time. Makes me want to listen to random lines from NPCs once in Utelek.

One thing that should have been fixed is inventory management. Not enough inventory room and storage in your apartment, given the number of unique guns in this game. Kind of forces a playstyle on you from the beginning. Since there's not enough room to store all gun types and their corresponding ammo types.
Last edited by Thrasher; November 13th, 2017 at 22:03.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

+1:

November 14th, 2017, 15:08
Have a long-term cooperative DOS:2 game going and I'm dabbling in ESO.

I expect to start over in ELEX in the near future, but I'm waiting for another patch or two.

NewDArt

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

November 15th, 2017, 15:17
Assassin creed origins - I have given up all the previous ones after couple of hours but here I am still at it with origins! It reminds me lot of Witcher 3 and Horizon zero dawn. The game is worth it for sight seeing alone!

lostforever

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?