Ambrov X - Update#8, Combat

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Loreful has a new update for Ambrov X dealing with the games combat.

We are digging into combat this week and next week. We have a dev diary coming your way as well as something more special. Needless to say, our silence this week has not been without reason, we are giving it our all over here. So...in the spirit of the "combat" discussion, we asked Jennifer to really set the record straight on her thoughts around combat. Enjoy.
More information.

I'm an RPG guy. Been so for a long time. I've even pledged for a lot of RPGs on Kickstarter. So when the first update for Ambrov X came out here on the Watch, I commented that the game looked interesting. But when I see a campaign shooting for 500K and they only have 67K with 15 days to go. Well, that's just embarrassing. Simply embarrassing. We need to invent a word for this type of shame.

Come on people what's not to like it's an episodic RPG based in a new setting. We always talk about new settings for upcoming RPGs.

Also don't give me the because it sounds like another Mass Effect rant, and we don't need kickstater for these type of games. I see this on allot of sites covering the game.

I'm going to use the military term Snafu, and turn it into Knafu to call these situations when they happen. Simply put "Kiickstarter Normal: All F***** Up"

Right now the reality is after the second update pledges just dried up. At this point a miracle can happen with 15 days left, but like Dajjer said it's a damn shame.:(

Last edited:
I think Ambrov X is very interesting and very RPG, more than other titles developed outside KS. It's a luck Loreful has launched the project.

Maybe many people don't back Ambrov X because they are waiting for Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, Project Eternity to understand if they can really trust Kickstarter. Shadowrun Returns was too short to persuade people that KS works, and it works quite well.

Been following the whole thing since i would really like a new mass effect rpg :p.
But they have done most everything wrong you could do wrong in a kickstarter and i would kinda bet this last update turns off more people than it entices too.

Anyways though on a comment on the kickstarter page they mentioned they might be looking for a publisher and already had interested parties.
So the game may come out some other way than kickstarter.

Edit: Woah ok just finished reading the whole update.
Does she really make the statement that it is possible dragon age 2 sold less than dragon age origin because people didn't finish Origins ? Really ?

Last edited:
I'm not convinced by this project. I'm worried that there will be lots of sub-Bioware cheesy cgi cut scenes and dialogues etc. I just didn't get enthusiastic at all when I read their blurb.

So I'm not backing it at this point, but if it does get made and the reviews are any good I might buy it.

Edit: Woah ok just finished reading the whole update.
Does she really make the statement that it is possible dragon age 2 sold less than dragon age origin because people didn't finish Origins ? Really ?
If you don't know who Jennifer Hepler is, look her up. Her presence is preventing many people from pledging to that Kickstarter. (Not that they would have succeeded without her, anyway…)

BTW, this is an actual quote from that update, hahaha:
But we do know that every time the industry has made a move toward making games more open to new players, less challenging, easier to learn and easier to complete, the industry as a whole has grown and thrived.

Our goal on Ambrov X is a 100% completion rate.

If you don't know who Jennifer Hepler is, look her up. Her presence is preventing many people from pledging to that Kickstarter. (Not that they would have succeeded without her, anyway…)

Well she is definately one of the reasons i didn't want to pledge for this, but the quote is still baffling to me.
It's like living in complete denial not even accepting the chance the game just wasn't that good(Notice the part about the reviews being bad, which they actually weren't, not the game heh).
Not to mention how bad Dragon age 2 probably would have tanked if it wasn't for Origins.

Hmm. A game that really wants to be Mass Effect, with a fraction of the Mass Effect budget, yet apparently aiming for full voice-acting - easily costing more than the kickstarter money itself. In fact, even the AAA titles with full voice-acting have to cut down the story, so that the costs won't be too high. Full 3D graphics, too, another money sink (and looks properly outdated, too). The same terrible kind of dialogue wheel as in new BioWare games. Placed in 'rich and unique universe', which is one the most contrived and cheesy sci-fi settings I've ever heard of, with tentacled space-vampires and additional rapey overtones. And let's face it, vampires are not that unique anymore. Releasing on everything, including iOS. As a bonus you can get Jennifer 'I dislike gamepley, but want to work in game industry for some reason' Hepler as lead writer.

Yeah, makes one wonder why people are not throwing cash at this game.

Back
Top Bottom