Lords of Xulima - Available on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games sent information about a new update for Lords of Xulima about the developer finally getting the game on GOG for those who want a DRM-Free version.

Lords of Xulima - Available on GOG.com

Finally, the DRM-free version of Lords of Xulima is available on GOG.com. You can visit the GOG store here. Please share it with your friends!

All the backers that prefer the GOG version over the Steam one, please send us an email to info@numantiangames.com from your Kickstarter email address. We will send you a GOG key in a few days.

Linux Version

We are starting the testing of the Linux version of Lords of Xulima. All that want to participate in the test process, please send us an email to info@numantiangames.com. We will use the Steam platform for the testing. And when finished, we will launch it on Steam and GOG at the same time.

Physical Rewards

Apologies to all the backer because of the long delay of the physical rewards. We have waited to have the GOG DRM-free version to include the same standalone installer in the DVDs. As all backers who purchased the physical editions already have a Steam Key, those backers will get both versions. We expect to start the production next week, and start the shipments in about 10 days. We will inform you with the progress.
More information.

Indeed, a great game. The only thing i didn't like was the end area.

Last edited:
Indeed, a great game. The only i didn't like was the end area.

This game is on my radar for a while.
When can we expect a review, Watchers? ;)

In the meantime, can you give me some directions about the story?
Is it of any good, or just the same stock high fantasy nonsense with 200 unpronouncable names? :)

If, by any chance, you understand German, you can check my Video-Review over here

But regarding the story: It's definitely not the game's strong point. The game is very combat centric and does a good job with it. The story however is not very interesting and badly written. Not 200 names though as there are also only a hand full of story components. 9 gods, 4 lords. No other names are really relevant (as in: there aren't any references to a vendor's name or so)

This was my top pick for RPG of the year. It has held my attention longer than D:OS or WL2 (which I backed far more than LoX).

I agree. This is a very good game, but not a story game by any stretch. This is a combat game and exploration too.

Wrote elsewhere, something like if you slice the game into quarters:
- First quarter, great stuff
- Second quarter, boring
- Third quarter, annoying
- Fourth quarter, awsome!, hell why the whole game isn't like this?!

IMO you should buy it, but when on discount, 20% off will do.

Wrote elsewhere, something like if you slice the game into quarters:
- First quarter, great stuff
- Second quarter, boring
- Third quarter, annoying
- Fourth quarter, awsome!, hell why the whole game isn't like this?!

IMO you should buy it, but when on discount, 20% off will do.

You are helpful like herpes.

Xulima is the first game I Kickstarted, so I guess it will always be special to me.

And I'm ready to pledge on Xulima II. Can't wait to receive my boxed copy. :)

I haven't heard if they plan on another....you got int?

I haven't heard if they plan on another….you got int?
No one does as the game hasn't been announced yet. Like Gilliatt I will definitely pledge again for Lords of Xulima 2 if, and when it does get developed.:)

It's €17.79 including all the things I got in my physical collector's edition (which still hasn't arrived). I expected at least the hint book to be backer exclusive... man, backing KS seems less and less attractive. It's not fatigue, it's disillusionment.

With the possible exception of InXile - Wasteland 2 goodies keep flooding in for backers. I bought it right after it came out. Oh the irony.

No one does as the game hasn't been announced yet. Like Gilliatt I will definitely pledge again for Lords of Xulima 2 if, and when it does get developed.:)

I will too....was hoping you guys heard something...I did ask and didn't get a response.

I haven't heard if they plan on another….you got int?

Sorry for the confusion, rune_74, I realize my post wasn't clear enough. I meant that I can't wait to receive my boxed copy of the first game, and that I would pledge instantly if they ever decide to make Xulima II.

It's €17.79 including all the things I got in my physical collector's edition (which still hasn't arrived). I expected at least the hint book to be backer exclusive… man, backing KS seems less and less attractive. It's not fatigue, it's disillusionment.

Had the same reaction for a few seconds, and then I realized that I paid for a physical copy. I don't really see a problem if people who get the same content in a digital form pay less.

And we can't complain about the price of the physical copy when compared with other Kickstarters.

Back
Top Bottom