Space Rangers 2 HD - Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
1C Company has sent us a new press release informing us that Space Rangers 2 HD is now available for purchase.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Available

MOSCOW, Russia - October 17, 2013 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is thrilled to announce that Space Rangers HD: A War Apart is available today digitally. Retail versions will be released later and announced through local distributors.

The game has been released in the standard edition , for a suggested price of €19.99. Space Rangers HD: A War Apart remasters and enhances the world of the cult Space Rangers 2. The game was developed by the SNK-Games team in close cooperation with fans of the series. New story branch, upgrades, equipment, planetary battles and famous text adventures expand the boundaries of the already lush universe of the game in every direction, roughly doubling the game content.

The game has also received a major technical overhaul to for seamless compatibility with modern OSes. Game art was reworked to support display resolutions of up to 1920×1200 and planetary battles employ modern render technologies.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. Players find themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage in multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, trade, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end – anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero. All player actions affect what kind of place the Galaxy will be at the end.

The game also supports Steam Trading Cards.
If you would like to receive a review code for the game, please contact the undersigned.

More information can be found at the official website www.spacerangershd.com and the official Facebook page www.facebook.com/SpaceRangersHD
More information.

Yeah, that'd be nice. I've already bought the game twice! (disc and digital)

I have already bought it twice also :lol:. I am staring at the discs, I have it from GOG
so that makes not finishing it twice. But I wanted the graphics to be better so I will buy it again so I can knock around on my laptop with the game.
It's a good laptop game IMHO

I'm interested, but not sure I want to pay again for essentially the same game, since I have the gog version. Anyone tried it out yet and how much is new?

I agree that paying again for the same game sounds really bad. But, I'm in the lucky position of only having payed for it once, so far. I guess spending 40$ on a game I really like to support devs is fair.

yadda ... Steam ... evil ... yadda ...
It's hard to take this seriously, you know? :roll:

If what is said in the press release is true then you are not paying for the game again and are actually paying for all of the new content and graphics. It says right there that there is twice the amount of content then the original release so it is a really big expansion that includes an enhanced version of the original game.

Does this game have a main story worth checking out - or is it just a freeroaming sandbox?

It has main story line somewhat but it's pretty sandboxy game so if you are in for main quest line and story skip this game.

Ok, thought so. Thanks for the info….

I love sandboxes - but there needs to be an overarching "purpose" to all the sand in that box ;)

I love sandboxes - but there needs to be an overarching "purpose" to all the sand in that box ;)

Well if you do like sandboxes than get it.Game can be finished and it doesn't take longer than average RPG IIRC, game feels like sandbox at times but there is definitive end to game and story line.

Well if you do like sandboxes than get it.Game can be finished and it doesn't take longer than average RPG IIRC, game feels like sandbox at times but there is definitive end to game and story line.

Now I'm confused ;)

Hehe, well - I've heard many good things about it - so maybe I'll get it!

I haven't played it in years, but really enjoyed it ... checked it out based on these forums (or the Dot) IIRC. Not in a rush to re-buy, but piques me to reinstall it!

Already got a physical and a digital copy, so I'll wait a bit and buy this one at half price later. And since I've already played through it several times I can wait.

One of my all-time favorites, all the parts of the game meshed pretty well together I'd say....and they seem to have added a fair bit of content. From what I read it looks like they added another plot/campaign that you can follow once you've completed the Dominators main campaign.

Taken from steam:
-New pirate subplot. After completing any one of the story branches a player can either end the game, or continue playing to complete another branch. the player’s actions influence the entire Galaxy, while the balance in either of wars may be tipped not only by the player, but by AI actions as well. No two playthroughs will be the same.

-Other improvements include more than 10 new text adventures, 15+ planetary battle maps, 20+ government missions, unique non-story events, new equipment and micromodules, access to all hyperspace engagements from the main menu and more!

btw its 20% off on steam at the moment.

I agree that paying again for the same game sounds really bad. But, I'm in the lucky position of only having payed for it once, so far. I guess spending 40$ on a game I really like to support devs is fair.

It's hard to take this seriously, you know? :roll:

Why?He's right. And nearly everbody I know thinks this way...

I'm buying this since I've never had original ones.
And replacing Starforce with anything, in fact removing it is the best news I've heard in years. Even if DRM was Origin or uPlay I'd buy it because there is nothing I've despised more than Starforce.

Back
Top Bottom