Iceland!!!

Hastar

Unspeakable
Iceland is going to Russia next summer. The smallest country to ever make the World Cup. Fantastic!!! :party:

I suggest all Dutch root for Iceland now, as it is xtremely unlikely that we are going to Russia. Let’s go with the underdog :)

It's incredible. Simply incredibly. Direct qualification ahead of Croatia, Turkey and so on. I really didn't see that one coming, despite their impressive form in the Euros. I'm guessing Iceland is going to have a lot of supporters in Russia, myself included!

Amazing achievement by Iceland! Their team is an excellent example of good team-work!

I suggest all Dutch root for Iceland now, as it is xtremely unlikely that we are going to Russia. Let’s go with the underdog :)

Hopefully you are not :D I guess for Sweden it might be tough also, I knew losing to Bulgaria would cost us.

Last edited:
Not yet, but I'm hoping to head over there for the World Cup. Iceland will definitely be my team, as Norway didn't get in (no surprise there).
Only your women achieve that, just like in The Netherlands :)

Hopefully you are not :D I guess for Sweden it might be tough also, I know losing to Bulgaria would cost us.
All Sweden needs to do is to let the Dutch win this evening with 7 points difference ;)

Only your women achieve that, just like in The Netherlands :)
Yep, we have to rely on them to represent us in various tournaments.

All Sweden needs to do is to let the Dutch win this evening with 7 points difference ;)
Yeah, I remember Advocaat being interviewed prior to Sweden beating Luxembourg 8-0 about the notion of Sweden beating Luxembourg 8-0, which he flat out refused was going to happen. And then it did. Pretty hopeless situation now.

I became a huge Dutch soccer fan in 1994 when the World Cup was played in the U.S. Watching Dennis Bergkamp was magical. I'm hoping Iceland can recreate some of that magic in 2018. WINTER IS COMING!!!!

With both the USA and Netherlands failing to qualify for the World Cup I'm all in with Iceland. US and Dutch have the talent but they are both way too inconsistent. Great way for Arjen Robben to retire. He was fantastic.

No No, it's Belgium's time to shine! The Dutch should support us.

Absolutely not. Go Iceland! ;)

Back
Top Bottom