Alan wake postponed on the pc

too bad and so soon after DNF's demise.

Damn, I was waiting for this game :|

Ugh ... when I saw 'delay' I was hopeful ... my last info was that it was hanging by a thread, possibly canceled.

I'm pretty sure it'll reach the pc eventually, the question is when though.

After watching the latest video on WeGame, I'm not so sure I care. It was VERY linear. Can't move more than 15ft off the pre-defined path linear. Maybe it was just that part of the game but, given how much story telling they want to do, I can see them locking us down so we follow the plot as intended.

After watching the latest video on WeGame, I'm not so sure I care. It was VERY linear. Can't move more than 15ft off the pre-defined path linear. Maybe it was just that part of the game but, given how much story telling they want to do, I can see them locking us down so we follow the plot as intended.

I'm very surprised to hear that. I thought Alan Wake was supposed to take place in a free-roaming environment.

Just because they didn't move off the path doesn't mean you can't. But I'm of the opinion that they should lock you in a zone if you trigger a mission. Sort of like in GTA-style games. You can free-roam between missions/quest. So I'm thinking that maybe they do it like that.

From Wikipedia....

Remedy also promised a free-roam, sandbox-style city, similar to those seen in the Grand Theft Auto series. Due to a mistranslation from the magazine Pelaaja, it was thought that Remedy had removed the free-roam however, Thomas Puha, Creative Director for Pelaaja, announced that there was a mistake in the translation and that the open-world side of Alan Wake would still be included. Puha said, "There is still an open world, but due to the story the action is more directed to tell the story better as you’d expect from Remedy."

About the PC version...

By-mid 2009, plans for a Windows version were put on hold. Remedy stated that they wanted to focus on the Xbox 360 version, though they were not permanently shelving the Windows version. They announced that all plans for a future Windows version lay now in the hands of the publisher, Microsoft.

This game seemed pretty cool from the E3 videos, and though I generally prefer non-linear environments - it's not crucial in an action heavy game like this one.

Seems saturated in a thick atmosphere - and I'll probably get this for my Xbox 360 just to experience the story.

i was reading a review of the console version and it mentioned how the character have to use light source (e.g flashlight) more often than weapons. quite creepy and fun if it turns out the way they had pictured in the review.

i'm hoping that maybe the PC version will be released much much later, just like Assassin's Creed (to give an example).

good idea, though.. going to sign as well.

Right. Actual writing and sendinbg postcards would imho have a better impact - or even better: Actual talking face to face with the responsibles.

it's quite good that there are some grassroots movement unlike Microsoft's astroturf support.

Back
Top Bottom