The Science Thread

Most of Boston Dynamics' 'products' were made for military purposes. But do they need to hassle these poor guys the way they do and then upload the vids to the net? That's multi-way cyber-mobbing!
Not talking about Petman here, making him do 100 pushups in a row is not something I'd consider bullying, but alas, poor Atlas … and I also felt for BigDog when they forced him to walk on slippery terrain ^^.

Yes they exist to be tortured it seems. Technology demonstrations. Anthropomorphisms aside, it's pretty cool technology. A bit disturbing too.

...named Brian. It does, of course, attack people, but it hasn't killed anybody yet, that we know of.
That's a pity. "Death by Brian" would make a great title for a sequel.

Naming of polar research vessel proves controversial.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35861444

The naming was supposed to be done by public poll, but it turns out that the British public is too silly to be trusted.

Your body as a museum of natural history. Body parts that are there not because you need them but because your animal ancestors did.

In case you can't watch the above, here's the link: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body

I can't move my ears, but I have the musculus palmaris longus, that tiny muscle in the fore arm. :)

Poor cat. Got smashed by a scary mirror.

I have the arm tendon, but can't move my ears.

Back
Top Bottom