What games are you playing now?

I would be so happy if my dog could reach that kind of age and have good health :)

I'm curious when star citizen goes full release will they keep or reset the mmo world players have carved out ? Again I'm thinking in terms of eve which might not be relevant to star citizen.

I'm not sure there's much hope for a level playing field when you can buy all the ships.(with real money, that is, as a crowdfunding backer) Worse, people who bought early have lifetime insurance on their ships which you can no longer get. :/

I'm not sure there's much hope for a level playing field when you can buy all the ships. Worse, people who bought early have lifetime insurance on their ships which you can no longer get. :/

You mean, like when people start playing any other MMO in the world at release - and the pre-launch pre-order people are already at level cap because they had 3 days head-start?

Yeah, that's a huge problem for people :)

LTI is beyond trivial in terms of advantage. Ships are roles, not power.

…and all roles have the same firepower? =)

Does a Cleric have the same firepower as a Rogue, usually? :)

Some of the most expensive ships don't even have firepower, as such. They also need multiple people flying them. They're also extremely expensive to maintain.

If you really want to fly around in the most expensive ship, because you think it's super important - then you can join a big Org and have it in a few days or weeks.

If you want a huge multicrew ship as a solo player for whatever reason, then you're going to have to get creative with money - and the game will provide that option in more ways than any other MMO you can think of.

In most modern MMOs, guilds have advantages that solo players can't have. In Star Citizen, there will be ways to get similar advantages as a solo player.

But, obviously, more people will be more effective at most things. That's just the nature of MMOs.

There's no meaningful advantage for anyone except for their skill and their gear - neither of which you can buy with real money.

Power in Star Citizen will first and foremost come from picking the right role for yourself - and then being great at it.

The flight model and the customization options are absolutely ridiculously complex - so skill will always triumph over money - all else being equal.

Even something as usually trivial as mining will be skill driven - unlike all other space games you can think of.

But if it's important to spin another narrative because the ignorant vocal minority sings a different tune, so be it.

By all means, ignore people who actually understand what the game is trying to do ;)

I promise you you're not the only one.

Another playthrough of Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Malkavian, True Patch Gold. Just completed the game as a Nosferatu and went right back in. Can't get enough of it right now, it's just too good.

I just don't think you should lie to people, is all.

Does a Cleric have the same firepower as a Rogue, usually? :)
No. This proves my point?
Some of the most expensive ships don't even have firepower, as such.
As such?
They also need multiple people flying them. They're also extremely expensive to maintain.
Is it possible for LTI players to get around maintenance by destroying their ship and reclaiming it for free?
If you really want to fly around in the most expensive ship, because you think it's super important - then you can join a big Org and have it in a few days or weeks.
Do you have a reference to cite for that time frame? How long would it take to catch up to a player with ALL roles available to him from the start, say, the $15,000 completionist package I love bringing up whenever I can.
If you want a huge multicrew ship as a solo player for whatever reason, then you're going to have to get creative with money - and the game will provide that option in more ways than any other MMO you can think of.
More ways than I can think of too by the pay2win ships alone!
In most modern MMOs, guilds have advantages that solo players can't have. In Star Citizen, there will be ways to get similar advantages as a solo player.
What ways are you speaking of?
But, obviously, more people will be more effective at most things. That's just the nature of MMOs.
You said it, not me.
There's no meaningful advantage for anyone except for their skill and their gear - neither of which you can buy with real money.
The ships you can buy do come stocked with gear, right? You could buy all the ships, remove the parts? I'm not sure if they're bound to the player so people don't abuse the LTI system by selling all parts, destroying own ship and repeating. See, I think of these things. You can't imagine how LTI could be an issue. Why do you think they stopped selling it?
Power in Star Citizen will first and foremost come from picking the right role for yourself - and then being great at it.
How is anyone supposed to know what role suits them best until they've tried them all? Which is the easiest to do if you have a $15,000 comple package on your toolbelt.
The flight model and the customization options are absolutely ridiculously complex - so skill will always triumph over money - all else being equal.

Even something as usually trivial as mining will be skill driven - unlike all other space games you can think of.
All else isn't equal though. They paid for a better ship with free repairs and unlimited money they can just crash into you repeatedly, griefing you with all the resentment they feel from wasting money on their $15,000 complete bundle.
But if it's important to spin another narrative because the ignorant vocal minority sings a different tune, so be it.

By all means, ignore people who actually understand what the game is trying to do ;)

I promise you you're not the only one.
Are you calling me the ignorant vocal minority?! I'd expect as much from someone with so few posts and 2018 join date!

I understand the game is trying to make as much money as possible before it comes out. Does even need to be good at this point since everyone's already bought it? Just good enough to avoid a lawsuit, or…?

Look, I think the best answer to "is there a wipe on release for the online game" is "no, people will have fuckloads of ships they bought with special LTI perk you wont have, but I'm such a Chris Roberts fan I don't think it will matter. He's a master of online game design and if I was gay he'd totally be my type. But each to his own." or something like that.

I just don't think you should lie to people, is all.

Before you claim that I'm lying, you should probably point out what lie you're talking about :)

No. This proves my point?

You said you could buy power - and I explained why that's not really the case. As such, your point has been proven wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

The research and medical ships are very low on power compared to any of the comparably expensive military ships, for instance.

Some of the larger mining ships are also quite low on power.

Multicrew ships are quite expensive - and the non-combat ships are going to lose in a fight against an equally skilled opponent flying a combat ship.

That's pretty obvious, isn't it?

I mean - even to you?

Is it possible for LTI players to get around maintenance by destroying their ship and reclaiming it for free?

No.

Do you have a reference to cite for that time frame? How long would it take to catch up to a player with ALL roles available to him from the start, say, the $15,000 completionist package I love bringing up whenever I can.

CR has given some examples of how long it should take for a single player to earn the more expensive ships - and the intention is that it shouldn't feel like a grind for single seater or the small multicrew ships.

Obviously, a capital ship is going to take a lot of work as a solo player - which is as it should be.

But, if you use your brain a little - you can probably figure out that the money earned by hundreds or thousands of people will be enough for anything after a very short time post launch.

I mean, have you ever played an MMO before? Sounds like you have no idea how the genre works and how economies are implemented.

Have you ever started an MMO a few months or years after launch? Did you find that enjoyable at all - even though other people had access to pretty much everything the game had to offer?

More ways than I can think of too by the pay2win ships alone!

Yes, you certainly seem capable of imagining quite a few things about this game that you know nothing about :)

What ways are you speaking of?

Hiring any number of AI NPCs to do the jobs that guild members would usually do - essentially enabling you to do what would only be possible with a guild in other MMOs.

You said it, not me.

Congratulations. Did someone claim that more people wouldn't make a difference? Please point out where I said that.

The ships you can buy do come stocked with gear, right? You could buy all the ships, remove the parts? I'm not sure if they're bound to the player so people don't abuse the LTI system by selling all parts, destroying own ship and repeating. See, I think of these things. You can't imagine how LTI could be an issue. Why do you think they stopped selling it?

They come stocked with the low tier gear. Gear is going to have a major effect on performance - and the best gear will have to be found and can't be bought with real money.

As for your fantasy that CIG will ignore obvious exploits - I don't know why you would just assume they'd ruin their game like that, but it doesn't seem likely to me :)

How is anyone supposed to know what role suits them best until they've tried them all? Which is the easiest to do if you have a $15,000 comple package on your toolbelt.

Once again, you're talking about an "advantage" that exists in all modern MMOs - with head-starts or people electing to play at launch.

You're making it sound like WoW or EvE are broken games - right now - because new players don't start with everything.

Absolute nonsense and illogical.

Anyway, if you don't know what you enjoy in life - you can hardly expect a game to tell you.

But, in Star Citizen - you can only ever exist on one ship at a time - so I'm afraid I don't see the advantage of owning more than one, that you wouldn't have by simply having some friends that flew with you.

Again, more people will give an advantage - but you can't buy people (or AIs) with real money.

All else isn't equal though. They paid for a better ship with free repairs and unlimited money they can just crash into you repeatedly, griefing you with all the resentment they feel from wasting money on their $15,000 complete bundle.

What free repairs are you talking about? You sound like you don't know how the insurance system works.

It's not like I'm surprised your opinion is based on ignorance - but let me help you out:

In the future, packages will include Standard Hull Insurance which must be renewed after a set period (currently between 1 and 6 months depending on the package) instead of Lifetime Insurance. We want to be absolutely clear that Standard Hull Insurance, which offers the same exact protection, is available to all players in the game. Players simply need to continue to renew it with credits earned in-game. LTI is intended to make this more convenient for our early backers, not to unbalance the game in any way. Insurance does not negate the cost of repairing, rearming or docking your ship. It protects your hull in its current condition and does not allow you to explode a beaten up ship to exchange for a fresh one at no cost.

Are you calling me the ignorant vocal minority?! I'd expect as much from someone with so few posts and 2018 join date!

Actually, I said you were listening too much to the ignorant vocal minority - because it's obvious you've done zero research on this yourself.

But, yeah, you're definitely ignorant and vocal when it comes to Star Citizen.

I'm definitely vocal, that's true - but in this case, I know what I'm talking about and you don't.

It's that simple.

I understand the game is trying to make as much money as possible before it comes out. Does even need to be good at this point since everyone's already bought it? Just good enough to avoid a lawsuit, or…?

That doesn't sound like a question related to the game.

It sounds like you think all developers make games only to make money and there could be no other reason.

That's cool - and I'm not surprised.

Look, I think the best answer to "is there a wipe on release for the online game" is "no, people will have fuckloads of ships they bought with special LTI perk you wont have, but I'm such a Chris Roberts fan I don't think it will matter. He's a master of online game design and if I was gay he'd totally be my type. But each to his own." or something like that.

Yeah, I'm just establishing, for people who're genuinely curious, that whatever you think about this is based on ignorance.

That's all :)

Just realised that was a lot of off topic crap.

@SirJames;

If you want to demonstrate your ignorance further, then take it to the Star Citizen info thread, please.

I wondered when and in which thread it'll start.

c9cDvfq.gif

gERCFiK.gif

He's in Russia, tomorrow are quarterfinals: Uruguay vs France and Brazil vs Belgium.

I can't comment on this specific game but if you do run into a game with the GFWL curse there is a library somewhere - for a while I think steam or ms was actually distributing it but my memory is shaky on the matter - that will allow GFWL games to run. I know the more popular games had GFWL patched out but I also know that hellgate developer (or was it the publisher) folded.

Thanks for the suggestion. I read that London 2038 is a fan run server only. What about the game itself, is there a download available somewhere and does it still have the GFWL curse?

Btw, joxer, is Kingdom Come: Deliverance worth playing?
Absolutely yes.
Don't wait for DLC, dive into it now.

A few hints. Mild spoliers, but whatever.

1. There are missable items in the first village. These are inside locked containers and you can get lockpicks ONLY if you fail the brawl. So don't do what I did, don't win the brawl, get beaten. I know I must replay the game asap.

2. Picking flowers is for girls, right? Well, it's not. Do it to beef up and earn tons of $. In the first village. Every. Single. Flower. No I don't care it'll last half an hour to "harvest" them all, you said you have OCD, put it to a good use.

3. After that first village, do not go skyrim. Follow the main story till you get yourself a nice and shiny horse. No, not the temporary one! You'll get a permanent horse when you'll be investigating an attack on horse stables. It'll be neardead so do buy a better one soon ofc. But only after you get this investigation horse, start exploring. *everything*

4. That everything is not really supposed to be random, you should learn to read as soon as possible. Not that you can't finish the game without it, but still, there are some humorous scenes to experience if the protagonist isn't illiterate. Don't forget that reading, after unlocked, improves by reading drawn treasure maps too.

5. Last but not least. Before talking to a priest save the game. Do not butter him up with chatty but instead get drunk with him. You might like the outcome much more than passing the dialogue check.

Absolutely yes.
Don't wait for DLC, dive into it now.

A few hints. Mild spoliers, but whatever.

1. There are missable items in the first village. These are inside locked containers and you can get lockpicks ONLY if you fail the brawl. So don't do what I did, don't win the brawl, get beaten. I know I must replay the game asap.

2. Picking flowers is for girls, right? Well, it's not. Do it to beef up and earn tons of $. In the first village. Every. Single. Flower. No I don't care it'll last half an hour to "harvest" them all, you said you have OCD, put it to a good use.

3. After that first village, do not go skyrim. Follow the main story till you get yourself a nice and shiny horse. No, not the temporary one! You'll get a permanent horse when you'll be investigating an attack on horse stables. It'll be neardead so do buy a better one soon ofc. But only after you get this investigation horse, start exploring. *everything*

4. That everything is not really supposed to be random, you should learn to read as soon as possible. Not that you can't finish the game without it, but still, there are some humorous scenes to experience if the protagonist isn't illiterate. Don't forget that reading, after unlocked, improves by reading drawn treasure maps too.

5. Last but not least. Before talking to a priest save the game. Do not butter him up with chatty but instead get drunk with him. You might like the outcome much more than passing the dialogue check.

Interesting, thanks :)

I bought it a while ago - but I've waited for it to get patched up.

Will give it a shot as soon as I have a little time on my hands!

Yes everyone should learn how to read as soon as possible. I recommend somewhere between 3 and 6 depending on if you are a fast or slow learner but reading is definitely helpful but not required to finish the game of life.

How is the actual gameplay, story, and quest design? From the little I read it always seemed like a grindfest (picking flowers...), if not simulator to me. If you like it I guess the first one is out.

Edit: and I can read yes, thank you very much. From my 6th

Name of game that lets dogs live to 20 and call them desiree ?

Hurrah! My Desiree is now 20 years old Labrador :smitten:

And now I have 3 grown timber wolves and their 3 babies running around the house too :heart:

Also attached screenshots of my base, including little shrine I built for Desiree (with 2 sculptures surrounded by roses and lights :)

How is the actual gameplay, story, and quest design? From the little I read it always seemed like a grindfest (picking flowers…), if not simulator to me. If you like it I guess the first one is out.

Edit: and I can read yes, thank you very much. From my 6th

Gameplay doesn't exist. I don't know what that is as I don't own Nintendo Gameboy and I know this game is different from crap on that rubbishware, so I guess it's not featured here. :D

The story feels like reliving some medieval area, but it's not just classic "drama", it has twists and it's not boring at any moment.
There are a few fetch quests (go huntin' or at butchers, bring meat/skins) but the rest of sidequests aren't meaningless and are fun. Some are disturbing, it ain't a show for kids. Every single quest, main or side, you can solve in different ways. Not just two. More.

No grind needed anywhere. This also applies to fetch quests I mentioned above. Those are moneyearners for players who won't use other means like thieving, feel free to skip them all. You don't have to pick a single flower in the whole game, you can train strength elsewhere and you can buy or loot alchemy ingredients instead of collecting them from mother nature.

In case you're wondering, I'll most probably vote for it as goty. Not 100% certain as the year will get more interesrting entries. Hint: Yakuza 0 next month.

Back
Top Bottom