Iceland wins

Putin sneaked a Brazilian goal-scorer into the team by Presidential decree!

Penalties. Come on Croatia!

(but yeah that first Russian goal was brilliant)

Well done, lads! Made hard work of that one, like we did the other night!

Bloody hell, that was tense. Congratulations Croatia, commiserations Russia. It always sucks to go out on penalties.

And BoboTheMighty keeps drinking.... :)

Modric was particularly lucky!

Actually, it was Perišić who was unlucky otherwise this drama wouldn't happen. THis was that moment (few seconds):
https://youtu.be/09Q1YbI-Joc?t=222

There is something else, dunno if anyone watching was aware of it - russians were, Subašić had problems with his right leg. At least you know now why russians were constantly aiming at their left and his right side of the goal.

All that aside, Modrić said after shootout against Denmark: "we can't without drama". So true. Didn't watch interviews tonight, dunno if he repeated it, wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Dunno about Bobo but I'm drunk and my stupid phone is still burnin', I'm gonna stut it off. Here's one pic from viber:

Attachments

• viber image.jpg
    viber image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
why. it's still early. get nervous when it's 90'. ;)

EDIT:
I'm not happy, but this was well deserved win. Congrats France.

Last edited:
Yeah the French were solid and deserved the win. I'm disappointed for Belgium though, I was hoping they'd go through.

Hmm... Bit of diving, kicking the ball away from the throw-on to run the clock, and so on. Sorry for Belgium.

Haven't ever read this much nonsense on the watch :) The French just parked the bus in front of the goal as we say it (all players behind the ball). Not much football there. They just got one goal with some luck and then started playing for time. Lousy.

I guess we should have played much more offensively from the start (Chadli and Dembélé werent that great offensively) and take the possible counter for granted. Would also opened up the game for a re-counter which works much better for us.

Hey, playing a bunker is a legitimate tactic. It being not pretty to say the least is other thing. It was important game against a difficult opponent and they chose to play safely. We'll have to see how they play in the final. If they continue with the tactic and it pays out it won't be the first World Cup where such tactic won a tournament.

Congratulations France! My money is on you :)

I meant "deserved" in a technical rather than moral sense. :) Belgium played the more exciting football, but France had their tactics spot on and were difficult to break down. I think Lukaku is possibly the best striker at the tournament but he didn't really get a look in. Although yeah I agree the timewasting shenanigans at the end were embarrassing, especially Mbappe.

Anyway, I'll be supporting England or Croatia in the final. Hopefully England :D

I was pissed with France in the end with all that delays and timewasting. It does not fit well with a team posing as one of the best.

I was surpized with the almost no reaction from Belgium after the goal. but France played smart and were dangerous from lethal counter attacks from exceptional formed Mbappe.

Tonight i'm with Croatia, although i have to admit that France vs England will be more interesting. I can't stand England fans with all that "it's coming home". What home? I say 20 years milestone is a great one for France.

Definitely rooting for the underdog. I'd like to see Croatia win the cup. I'm tired of hearing about England's hooligan fans, and France already has a modern World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom