Star Citizen Info Thread

Yes same as the fools who blindly support a developer with a certain can do no wrong attitude. I seriously want to read the court documents to laugh my ass off even more.

Whatever floats your boat and meets your paranoid narrative ;)

But I highly recommend not pledging your money for things with the expectation that you can get them back any time you feel like it.

For me, that's common sense.

Generally, if you want to support crowd-funded projects - the smart thing to do is forget all about your money once you've spent them, and - also - realise that you're not pre-ordering a game. There's no guarentee involved.

But I know a lot of people struggle with such things.

As for Star Citizen - I don't believe it will fail, but it certainly could. I can't wait until we get closer to release - and see all the Derek Smart goons throw one fit after the other, in a desperate attempt to make themselves appear less foolish.

Not going to work ;)

Whatever floats your boat and meets your paranoid narrative ;)
No Dart as that that saying goes "I'm just here for the shits and giggles." :lol:

My feelings for TOS having a clause so you cant sue though that's a different matter. It goes all the way back to Sony, and other developers adding it so you cant sue their ass.

I'm talking about when they rightfully deserve it, but no you cant sorry.

No Dart as that that saying goes "I'm just here for the shits and giggles". :lol:

Yes, I know you like to state ignorant things and then pretend you didn't mean them.

That's cool with me. As I said, whatever floats your boat ;)

Touché old friend but allow me to say the same.
That's cool with me. As I said, whatever floats your boat
You hate losing debates and always think you have a superior viewpoint.;)

ephemera-to-save-time-assume-i-m-never-wrong-funny-plastic-sign_a-G-10255199-9201595.jpg

JDR loves to uses this same type of posting.:)

Last edited:
Bottom Line: I'm glad I never backed this game for various reasons.:biggrin:

I quite like space games. I've over 600 hours in Elite: Dangerous, the game which was originally inspired to do a kickstarter because of Star Citizens success and with a tiny fraction of SC funding released their game on time, have done an expansion and reliable content updates. The developer made enough to develop and release the game Planet Coaster with the profits and profits from that game help the studio updating ED with new content. (They also sell ship paintjobs and cosmetic DLC which is where most the money comes from.)

How do you like this narrative, dart? Seems legit, right? Whether you like the game or not doesn't matter here.

The main reason I never backed it was because it was already funded. I was looking forward to buying it. But it really is a joke at this point. What are you going to say if someone asks you when SC is coming out? Laugh? Seriously, though? Tell them you don't know? And if they ask "Do you think it will be soon?" :/

Touché old friend but allow me to say the same.
You hate losing debates and always think you have a superior viewpoint.;)

ephemera-to-save-time-assume-i-m-never-wrong-funny-plastic-sign_a-G-10255199-9201595.jpg

JDR loves to uses this same type of posting.:)

I don't lose debates - because I don't believe they can be won or lost by being right or wrong.

Well, they can be won - but only if all participants are interested in a mutual understanding, which is rarely the case.

If the debate is ended with a mutual understanding, or even better - with new information for the ones involved, that's what I consider a "victory".

I don't enjoy pretending that I don't know what I know, though - so that's probably what you mean.

Anyway, I don't like to get in the way of people talking about things they don't understand. It's amusing ;)

Have fun with your shits and giggles!

To me, this was lost the moment people who don't really understand the project and aren't willing to educate themselves began talking about Star Citizen with authority.

Such "debates" are doomed to failure - and you're right, I don't enjoy that, particularly.

As for JDR - he has matured a lot over the years. He has become quite reasonable, I find :)

I haven't played Elite for a while, sick of it, we'd all probably be burned out on SC too if it was released.

Just had a look at the recent patch notes and they're pretty nice

Greetings Commanders,

The galaxy servers will be taken down today (28/06) at 8:00 AM (BST) to deploy update 3.1 Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two.

The downtime is expected to last for approximately 9 hours. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we'll keep you as up to date as possible.

The full changelog can be found below:

Content

Missions and Scenarios
Added new wing mining missions
Added new high threat USS's, and missions that can direct players to them

Megaship and Installation Interactions
Added existing megaship interactions to installations
Added Escape Hatch interaction points to damaged megaships

Crime and Punishment
Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes

Horizons-only Content

Weapons
New weapons now available at applicable Tech Brokers:
Large Plasma Shock Cannon (Fixed, Gimbal, Turret)
Large Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed, Turret)
Large Guardian Plasma Launcher (Fixed, Turret)

Modules
The Guardian FSD booster is once again available at the Guardian Tech Broker, now with improved fuel efficiency

Ships
Alliance Challenger - a medium sized ship, based on the Alliance Chieftain, that boasts a generous compliment of hard-points, whilst retaining the Chieftains characteristic agility. It also has stronger armour.
Krait Mk.II - a medium sized, multi-role ship, that trades defensive capability for speed, fire-power and maneuverability. The Krait Mk.II has space for two crew members and is capable of carrying a fighter bay

Narrative
New planetary sites added, with audio logs

Fixes and Improvements

Art
Fixed some missing effects on Guardian Artifacts
Audio
Fixed audio cutting out in supercruise near neutron stars

Background Simulation
Fixed war missions incorrectly offering influence rewards (influence during a war state has no actual effect)
Ensure that faction effects are the same from selling exploration data for pages as well as individual star systems, and balance those faction effects to have roughly the same galactic impact as before this release

Controls & Control Devices
Prevented Flight Assist from automatically re-enabling after exiting Supercruise

Engineers
Fixed an issue with fading text in the Engineers Cost help window

General Fixes & Tweaks
Numerous performance optimisations for hangars
Resolved some minor typos
Fixed some cut off text in material descriptions
Local news top 5 bounty list should ignore breaking characters from ship names
Fixed situations where 'Last main sequence star' info message can appear incorrectly
General stability fix for incorrectly replicated data between players

Holo-Me Creator
Fixed an issue that prevented players from saving their avatar with the Frontier Expo suit equipped

Installations/POIs/USSs
Implemented a maximum scan time multiplier to prevent excessively long scans on large Mega Ships and Installations
Fixed an underground destructible panel at a Guardian Structure

Missions
Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.
Fixed Mentor missions showing incorrect reward choice upon completion
Raised pay-out rate for Elite Rank Mining Missions
Updated Salvage missions so that factions cannot be duplicated as both giver and target
Updated the mission timer for Massacre Thargoid Wing Missions so it matches the non-Wing variant of this mission
Fix wing mission rewards from trade missions to award trade rank to multicrew crew members as well as the helm
Colonia factions have started issuing mission tip offs for the region

NPCs
Ramming a guardian sentinel will no longer give you a bounty

Outfitting
Fixed long description texts for experimental modules not appearing properly under the "Read More" section in Outfitting

PlayStation 4
Fixed an issue that could occur when playing the combat tutorial while background installation is in progress
Fix for an issue where the “Put Your Fighters Up” Trophy was not being awarded when fighter ships were launched from your ship by an AI pilot

Powerplay
Fixed Powerplay crimes incorrectly affecting notoriety

Ships & SRV
General Ship Fixes and Improvements
Fixed cases of Collector Limpets clipping through the top of several ships when returning cargo
Fixed some visual problems with short Ship IDs
Alliance Chieftain
Addressed a specular highlight in the canopy that could flicker in certain lighting conditions
Fixed a small gap in geometry
Fixed some clipping on hardpoints 1 and 2
Shrank the Shipyard schematic icon slightly to prevent clipping
Realigned nameplates
Fixed some clipping on the Ship Kit
Anaconda
Fixed scratches being present on Ship Kit parts when there is no ship wear and tear
The number of internal windows now correctly matches the number of external ones
Fixed an instance of Paint Jobs not rendering over a heat vent door
Smoothed out some overhead cables in the cockpit
Adjusted some internal module target locations
Fixed emissive decals on the Anaconda losing detail if the Fusion Paint Job is applied
Asp Explorer
Fixed a 2D Cannon alignment issue
Diamondback Explorer
Added Ship Kit cameras for outfitting
Dolphin
Fixed a texture issue with the Prestige paintjob
Federal Corvette
Fixed some reflective areas on the Icarus and Prestige paintjobs
Lowered glossiness on Precision Paint Jobs
Fixed some missing textures on Paint Jobs
SRV
Fixed a visual issue that could occur with your commander when colliding in an SRV
Type 9 Heavy
Fixed a missing thruster texture
Fixed some texture and model position issues
Type 10 Defender
Fixed some clipping on certain Ship Kit parts
Fixed some texture and model position issues
Vulture
Fixed misaligned small lights

Stability Fixes
Fixed a crash to desktop that would occur when opening the galaxy map immediately after the game had loaded in a station
Fixed a server error that could occur when trying to apply an experimental effect to a module that was originally modified by another Engineer
Fixed a crash that could occur when using Collector Limpets

User Interface
Fixed an issue in the Systems panel that prevented the module health from updating correctly when repairing a module using a AFMU
Fixed legal salvage incorrectly showing as a loss when sold

Weapons & Modules
The heatsink launcher no longer has an incomprehensible DPS statistic
Human and Guardian Tech Broker blueprint requirements have been reduced

Multicrew
Decreased the discrepancy in jump times between Helm and crew members

I can't wait to see some Star Citizen post-release patch notes!

Another update that might be of interest to sci-fi and space game fans is whats happening with WARFRAME. You can now fly your ship around space, hop out and use your Arch-wing suit and more. Let's check it out!'

I quite like space games. I've over 600 hours in Elite: Dangerous, the game which was originally inspired to do a kickstarter because of Star Citizens success and with a tiny fraction of SC funding released their game on time, have done an expansion and reliable content updates. The developer made enough to develop and release the game Planet Coaster with the profits and profits from that game help the studio updating ED with new content. (They also sell ship paintjobs and cosmetic DLC which is where most the money comes from.)

How do you like this narrative, dart? Seems legit, right? Whether you like the game or not doesn't matter here.

The main reason I never backed it was because it was already funded. I was looking forward to buying it. But it really is a joke at this point. What are you going to say if someone asks you when SC is coming out? Laugh? Seriously, though? Tell them you don't know? And if they ask "Do you think it will be soon?" :/

I'm glad you're enjoying ED - it's a great game if you're into that sort of thing.

Couldn't keep my interest though. A great VR experience for a few dozen hours - and then it ran out of interesting content.

As for people who're genuinely interested in SC - I tell them like it is. It's going to be a long time - and I advise against supporting it, unless they're absolutely sure they understand what a pledge means and what's available right now.

I don't think any backer is happy with how long it's going to take - but I think a lot of us are going to be pleased that we supported it.

I certainly think I will be, but who knows, really.

…unless they're absolutely sure they understand what a pledge means and what's available right now.

"CIG/RSI repeatedly argued that there is a playable game and that funds have been earned, but the judge did not rule that either."

What's available right now CIG says is a playable game and, I assume, that their obligations to the backers has already been met?

What do you make of this? What does a pledge really mean?

What do you think of that warframe update? What's next from there? A generated galaxy to explore? Watch that video!

Warframe is free2play. Imagine what they could have done with 190 million.

"CIG/RSI repeatedly argued that there is a playable game and that funds have been earned, but the judge did not rule that either."

What's available right now CIG says is a playable game and, I assume, that their obligations to the backers has already been met?

What do you make of this? What does a pledge really mean?

What do you think of that warframe update? What's next from there? A generated galaxy to explore? Watch that video!

I don't think discussing Star Citizen with you is worth my time. You're too invested in being right instead of wanting to understand.

I'm much more comfortable letting the game speak for itself - and it's getting very close to a point where it'll do that much, much better than I ever could.

As for Warframe, I think it's great in many ways - but it's not for me.

It's a confused game that's trying hard to maintain interest without a cohesive vision.

The developers have this "rockstar" attitude of being there only for the fans, and they enjoy going crazy and over-the-top with stuff, which is not really my kind of thing.

I think it would have been a much, much better game - for me - if they'd had the resources to do what they're doing now, during the design stage.

At this point, they have too many systems - with too many of them not really being a great fit for the core gameplay.

Also, much like Elite Dangerous - the content is repetitive as all hell. It has something like 3 hours worth of actual, meaningful story content - and most of that is intended for singleplayer.

But I love the core gameplay of fighting stuff - and I love the rich arsenal of the game.

It's also an extremely popular game - and it seems they've managed to convince a lot of people that their incredibly grindy economy is a great one.

So, no matter what - I think it has a bright future for its fans. If they manage to develop enough meaningful content for cooperative play, I'll be more than happy to play it.

For now, I've had my fill.

I don't think discussing Star Citizen with you is worth my time. You're too invested in being right instead of wanting to understand.

I'm much more comfortable letting the game speak for itself - and it's getting very close to a point where it'll do that much, much better than I ever could.

But you said you'd tell people to be sure they understand what a pledge means and whats there right now but you're uncomfortable telling people those things and wish for the game to speak for itself. Which it has for the last 7 years. it's GG. You've officially lost faith too.

I'm not really invested in being right, I'm just not invested enough that I'm free to pick a side. :)
As for Warframe, I think it's great in many ways - but it's not for me.

It's a confused game that's trying hard to maintain interest without a cohesive vision.

The developers have this "rockstar" attitude of being there only for the fans, and they enjoy going crazy and over-the-top with stuff, which is not really my kind of thing.

I think it would have been a much, much better game - for me - if they'd had the resources to do what they're doing now, during the design stage.

At this point, they have too many systems - with too many of them not really being a great fit for the core gameplay.
All true but they are doing a great job and few games add such massive updates. Best free2play game for sure.
Also, much like Elite Dangerous - the content is repetitive as all hell. It has something like 3 hours worth of actual, meaningful story content - and most of that is intended for singleplayer.

But I love the core gameplay of fighting stuff - and I love the rich arsenal of the game.

It's also an extremely popular game - and it seems they've managed to convince a lot of people that their incredibly grindy economy is a great one.

So, no matter what - I think it has a bright future for its fans. If they manage to develop enough meaningful content for cooperative play, I'll be more than happy to play it.

For now, I've had my fill.
Yeah, I'm still sick of it. I could rant for pages about how frustrating it is and why they'll never fix the issues. It does give you a space-sim fix, though. If all you need is a ship and stars you should be set.

All true but they are doing a great job and few games add such massive updates. Best free2play game for sure.

To each his own and all that.

Yeah, I'm still sick of it. I could rant for pages about how frustrating it is and why they'll never fix the issues. It does give you a space-sim fix, though. If all you need is a ship and stars you should be set.

I already played this game back in 1993 with Frontier - except Frontier was better in many ways. While it does have multiplayer - I don't think they're doing much with that.

It's well crafted and full of cool systems. But it will never be something I invest in, long term.

Heck, I didn't even do that with Frontier. Even as an 18 years old kid - I understood that hollow sandboxes don't work for me.

Daggerfall came out a few years later and only cemented that.

That's why I preferred the Privateer approach, even back then.

something I invest in, long term.

I'm hoping MHW is worth investing in. Long term, I can pretty much only get invested in online games. Like having every diablo3 character at max level so I can pick which role I want to play when I want to play it. I'm not sure how long I'll want to grind after finishing the story and killing all bosses but there is post-release content out on console that will not be on PC at launch so I'm expecting to come back to the game a few times.

I'm hoping MHW is worth investing in. Long term, I can pretty much only get invested in online games. Like having every diablo3 character at max level so I can pick which role I want to play when I want to play it. I'm not sure how long I'll want to grind after finishing the story and killing all bosses but there is post-release content out on console that will not be on PC at launch so I'm expecting to come back to the game a few times.

Here's hoping it's everything you want it to be :)

All this talk about Space games just make me wish some developer would make a modern Freelancer remake. So any suggestions from you two with games like it.

Only criteria is they must be offline that's all.o_O

All this talk about Space games just make me wish some developer would make a modern Freelancer remake. So any suggestions from you two with games like it.

Only criteria is they must be offline that's all.o_O

Privateer
Privateer 2
X Rebirth
Independence War 2
Tachyon the Fringe
Darkstar One
Spaceforce Rogue Universe

I think Couch wanted a recent one, lol.

X Rebirth is the most recent in Darth's list and it was released in 2013. Darkstar One is probably the most "Freelancer-clone" in the bunch though.

Privateer 2 and Tachyon have a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom