Gaming BS of the week

Bethesda planted employees in the stands for Fallout 76 to cheer.

Watch Video at 4m 33s to see the clip.

Link - https://youtu.be/eXcy9n-JRxg?t=4m33s

Actually, according to the first comment on the video, it wasn't a Bethesda employee at all.

I have one quick correction to make. The woman cheering for multiplayer at E3 is not the same person as the host in the pre-show. She's a modder named Elianora and confirmed for me through Twitter. Even though they look like twins, my apologies for confusing the two​

Hmm do we have a Bethesda shill on our site.:biggrin:

Hint: Take a look at my profile Avatar. Lord of Lies.:evil:

Joking aside thanks as I watched the video on another site and didn't read the comments. Still wouldn't doubt they planted someone as it quiet with a few shouters.

Now this is resorting to conspiracy theory. Lets say until proven guilty they are innocent ?

Hmm do we have a Bethesda shill on our site.:biggrin:

Hint: Take a look at my profile Avatar. Lord of Lies.:evil:

Joking aside thanks as I watched the video on another site and didn't read the comments. Still wouldn't doubt they planted someone as it quiet with a few shouters.

Spelling mistake made Xenomorphs dumb in Aliens Colonial Marines.

http://nordic.ign.com/alien-148660/...iens-colonial-marines-ai-with-one-simple-codi

ok so these guys went through the effort of rebalancing the AI (after criticism) , all while this simple error was still there.. unbelievably sloppy.

Why on earth do not devs always have a simple fucking console window that comes up to tell them a command is not recognizable and has to be fixed "Error in line 12, 'Make_XenomorphIQ_Over=9000' is not a recognizable command".

It's really annoying when games doesn't have that, it must save so much time to implement it. I remember for my Skyrim mod that one of the commands in the .ini that i was trying to create actually HAD to be misspelled to be recognized (because that's how the code is implemented). In this case "texture" has to be spelled as "texure". took me ages to figure out, no console window to tell me the code was wrong.

It's worse than that. Much worse.

*Games, and gamers, are responsible for Trump being elected, all the misogyny ever expressed in the world, as well as continued oppression worldwide, of the most vulnerable, marginalized communities...and don't even let me get into the real violence done on a regular basis in first person shooters, and the symbolism of white supremacy always present in these games...:p Basically, if you play any type of games, you are a white supremacy advocate, folks. So, feel bad. Feel very bad. Shame on you all! *

*Sarcasm (for those who find it hard to detect sarcasm and hyperbole, there are always one or two)

It's worse than that. Much worse.

*Games, and gamers, are responsible for Trump being elected, all the misogyny ever expressed in the world, as well as continued oppression worldwide, of the most vulnerable, marginalized communities…and don't even let me get into the real violence done on a regular basis in first person shooters, and the symbolism of white supremacy always present in these games…:p Basically, if you play any type of games, you are a white supremacy advocate, folks. So, feel bad. Feel very bad. Shame on you all! *

*Sarcasm (for those who find it hard to detect sarcasm and hyperbole, there are always one or two)
Sarcasm aside I always see videos/articles about this same topic.:biggrin: Yep white male gamers are misogynists, incels, and a whole bunch or other left unsaid labels.

Sarcasm aside I always see videos/articles about this same topic.:biggrin: Yep white male gamers are misogynists, incels, and a whole bunch or other left unsaid labels.

lol, yep. You betcha. I have seen the same types of articles. My sarcasm is rooted in the real world, but of course based on the most extreme political fringe groups and their crazy ideas. ;)

I've seen those articles and videos, as well as the ones blaming feminism for downfall of gaming industry. Outrage sells.

I still think of this old comic when I read those articles.

CJ1APEYW8AAULwh.png:large

CJqJK0GUwAA7DH2.jpg

This is why I don't read a lot of online blogs / fake news. Stick with the most reliable news sources, which are still not perfect, but better than that other crap.

This is why I don't read a lot of online blogs / fake news. Stick with the most reliable news sources, which are still not perfect, but better than that other crap.
Sad thing is they are real news sites Thrasher. Some of them are major gaming sites.

Yeah, I've given up on gaming sites except this one for years. There's just too much crap to wade through. So much more rewarding things to spend time on.

Germany To Ban The Practice Of No Release Dates That Offer Pre-orders.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-16-germany-bans-vague-pre-order-release-dates
This means store must be able to offer customers a latest date by which their purchase will arrive. They are no longer allowed to pre-sell products with a "coming soon" or "available soon" placeholder.

Düsseldorf Consumer CEO Wolfgang Schuldzinski said: "When consumers order goods on the internet, providers must specify by when the goods are delivered."

This will have a noticeable impact on video games as publishers regularly announce new titles without a concrete release date and retailers begin offering pre-orders almost immediately. Germany is a sizeable European market, and therefore likely a good indicator of demand for publishers when targeting the region.
Probably not a bad idea but BS to some.:biggrin:

That's not BS, hopefuly drama over Ys8 port won't repeat ever again thanks to that.

--------------------------------------

https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-punish-denuvo-protected-games-with-poor-ratings-180717/
According to new research published by Dr. Zike Cao of the Erasmus University’s Rotterdam School of Management, game pirates are retaliating against Denuvo-protected games by posting fake negative ratings.

In a paper titled “Revenge after ‘Freebies’ Are Gone? Effects of Curbing Piracy on Online User Ratings” Cao researched the effect of Denuvo protection on user comments posted on the review site Metacritic. The results suggest that Denuvo protection leads to significantly lower ratings across the board.

The researcher compared reviews of protected PC games with non-Denuvo protected console versions of the same games, showing that the former get a significantly lower rating on average.
Now this is some serious BS.
Console audience have no taste and aren't demanding quality. The score difference is not on Denuvo to blame. The reason is pisspoor ports and junk being overrated on consoles.

Back
Top Bottom