Stupid question, but ... (ForceWare Driver Version sought)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
... at which point in the WinXP system can I find out which version of ForceWare my system has ?

I've got an MSI board, called "K9N Neo V2 / V3" with "nForce 520 / 560 Chipset".

I've already tried the applet from the NVidia web page which tries to detect the most current driver automaticvally, and it says I've got an 520 chipset.

Alrik

NVidia Control Panel (findable in Control Panel) has the information (Help > System Information).

Hm, all I can see there are video driver specific informations.

Edit: To make this clear: I'm looking for the mainboard driver version number, not the version number of the graphics card driver !

Last edited:
Ah, that's because ForceWare is what the graphic cards drivers are called; the drivers you're looking for are simply "nForce drivers" - I should've been more careful in the first read of your post, sorry.

The information you're actually looking is surprisingly difficult to find, and I've no idea how to help you (I Googled around even, but the best advice I've found is to manually check file versions (in the Device Manager) and compare to what is offered by Nvidia).

Okay, thanks.

I think I should've been clearer, but I thought that this was the right term.

Believe it ot not, the mainboard revision/version number can be found on the mainboard! and not detected in the system software - usually a small sticker or label near to the expansion slots and near to a mainboard corner. :)

Uh, I actually meant the driver's version, I think I have a huge communications problem ...

Back
Top Bottom