Blog of War

Naked Ninja

Watchdog
Hello.

Some of you might already be aware, I am developing an indie RPG, Scars of War(stops to stare significantly at his sig). Well, the website is in the process of being built, I'll announce that when it's done, but in the mean time I have taken the lazy mans escape route and started a blog. I have a tendancy to ramble on in a melodaramatic fashion but some of you might find it interesting, I talk about SoW development, design and gaming in general.

Blog of War

I was very naughty. I not only checked out your website, but I registered as well!! :)

Good luck with that!

I can only say I enjoyed both the blog and website, but have to go now as it's hard to type with my eyes gouged out and all.

Last edited:
@ Corwin : <tech support voice> Thank you for registering with ScarsOfWarGame.com. If you are having trouble gouging out your own eyes we would be happy to send over one of our highly trained Gouging Consultants to help you with all your gouging and self mutilation needs. Please don't hesitate to drop us a mail with your contact details, our customer's needs are our top priority. ;)

Thanks guys :)

If you are having trouble gouging out your own eyes we would be happy to send over one of our highly trained Gouging Consultants to help you with all your gouging and self mutilation needs.

Fortunately I just finished Loki and am replaying Dungeon Lords, so self-mutilation wasn't an issue for me!

You little masochist you!! :)

and am replaying Dungeon Lords

I remember our first contact at DC board in 2005 talking about the endless list of bugs and missings in DL. In this time i was responsible for the biggest German fansite about DL and in the hot phase after release we were overhelmed with some of the most angry and hateful posts from buyers i ever recieved... And despite all this trouble you replay it? Don´t know what to say... ;)

btw: There was one DC member, who was surprisingly honest in his statements - with the result, that DC fired him. Do you know, what has happened to him? Any lifesigns from him in other companies?
And did you know, that Jowood announced some times ago a second part of DungeonLords... ;)

I think that was 'Chuk22' (Chuck Vinson) from Heuristic Park who tried to be helpful, he was an artist, but as Dhruin has said more than once her veracity was questionable. He is now working for a MMO company HiRez Studios making a game called 'Global Agenda' based on the Unreal engine.

Here is a quote from an email I got from him years ago:
People want to blame DC, but its DWB who didn't have a completed game even a YEAR after his original projection... and who repeatedly was unable to realize how long it was going to take... the last 4 weeks up to GM, I did almost nothing to do with artwork, it was all just trying to help Dave with the hundreds of tasks he was behind on.

And he's NEVER been on the forums, and he's NEVER read a single review... He just makes me suffer the pain of reading the press.

There *were* also a couple of guys from DreamCatcher, one was Byron Gaum but he was more of the publisher rep but did help out with forum stuff more than game stuff.

It is funny looking at the forums now, so much has been stripped out ... we had massive threads in those early days - now they have ~6 posts.

Yeah, Chuck was indeed also surprinsingly honest, but i´m talking about Jeremy from DC (don´t know his full name). We´ve had contact by mail till he was fired.
Has someone infos about him?
And are there any infos available about the developer of DL2? The announcement about it came too late for a direct question at Jowood press conference in Leipzig at GamesConvention 07.

btw: Starting in 2009 this games event will happen in Cologne under the brand GamesCom. Like the last years (and still this year in Leipzig) we will be there with our team the whole time and we will organize a camp for gamers all over the world.

To avoid further Dungeon Lords thread hijack, I started a new thread here.

Back
Top Bottom