Quantcast
Small Detail Ideas for ELEX 2 - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Small Detail Ideas for ELEX 2

Default Small Detail Ideas for ELEX 2

November 12th, 2017, 04:31
I wonder if they'd see any advantage from switching engine. Maybe they could license REDEngine from CDPR. For Elex 2: Elexiter.

Alistair

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 12th, 2017, 05:18
They have said many times that they are not really interested in working with a 3rd party engine. All of their tools and workflows are optimized for their own engine so they will probably just keep on updating it until all eternity .
[BTW, I would also like to see them switch engines because some of the wonky and janky stuff seems to be "baked into" the engine but I can see the economic reasons why they do not want to do it]

By the way, I noticed again when watching the Elex release live stream earlier that Björn said once again that they don't really see much value in a mod kit.

I'm not a huge proponent of a mod kit either but if you look at the Steam stats, you will see that Elex has now dropped to between 5K and 6K max players per day while the 2011 Skyrim still attracts ~35K gamers and the 2015 Fallout 4 is also still played by almost 30K gamers today.

I don't get why PB refuse to grow in some areas where they could really need some more man power to maybe add a bit of fresh air to their games.

Elex had the bonus of being a new franchise so it attracted many gamers who were curious about PB's new ventures but will those folks return for Elex 2? Or will Elex 2 suffer the same fate as Risen 2 in the Risen series where the sales dropped off quite steeply with part 2?

Moriendor

Spielkind

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 12th, 2017, 05:32
Their engine is great IMO, and I think developing it for such a long time is a bonus, not a hindrance. They know it inside and out and continue to do great things with it.

I think moving to a newer, prettier engine would cost them gameplay elements and overall depth in some ways. I don't think they're willing to do that.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 12th, 2017, 07:32
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
I'm not a huge proponent of a mod kit either but if you look at the Steam stats, you will see that Elex has now dropped to between 5K and 6K max players per day while the 2011 Skyrim still attracts ~35K gamers and the 2015 Fallout 4 is also still played by almost 30K gamers today.
Since you're comparing it to mainstream titles, did you also check GTA and Minecraft while you were at it?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

November 12th, 2017, 09:26
Dunno, if a mod kit was somewhat easy to add, sure, why not? Gothic 2 is getting mods now all these years later, including graphics upgrades, so why not ELEX?

If it would take too many resources to develop, fugghedaboudit.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

November 13th, 2017, 11:36
It's likely to require a significant amount of work, unless the engine supports it right from the start. They could probably have baked it in as they were creating the engine though.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
+1:

November 13th, 2017, 16:50
Gothic 1 had its modkit. It doesn't seem like any of the distinctive PB systems have evolved since the first game really. More polygons being pushed with better performance but scriptable schedules and events all seem the same.

Alistair

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 13th, 2017, 23:03
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Gothic 1 had its modkit. It doesn't seem like any of the distinctive PB systems have evolved since the first game really. More polygons being pushed with better performance but scriptable schedules and events all seem the same.
ELEX takes it to the next level in some ways, though. Already had an NPC that is story-changing die at the hands of wildlife, etc.. That can happen in Gothic but ELEX is their best expression of those systems yet IMO. Those events change the story but don't destroy it, the story adapts to those situations.

Plus, they have to wait for everyone else to catch up. Those systems in Gothic were 10+ years ahead of the game. Still are in many ways.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

November 14th, 2017, 00:12
In Gothics, it was possible a wildlife killed NPC could make the game incapable of being finished. Happened to me when the only NPC trainer in the game for an essential skill was killed before I had a chance to learn it. I was not happy!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

[email protected]

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

November 14th, 2017, 00:59
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
In Gothics, it was possible a wildlife killed NPC could make the game incapable of being finished. Happened to me when the only NPC trainer in the game for an essential skill was killed before I had a chance to learn it. I was not happy!!
In the outlaw town it is possible to get the first area in that town wiped out by mutant bugs by leading them into there.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 14th, 2017, 01:55
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
In the outlaw town it is possible to get the first area in that town wiped out by mutant bugs by leading them into there.
Huh, even after the patch? I just did that quest and the townsfolk were surprisingly strong and killed the bugs much easier than even Bullet and Lucy did.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

November 14th, 2017, 07:27
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Huh, even after the patch? I just did that quest and the townsfolk were surprisingly strong and killed the bugs much easier than even Bullet and Lucy did.
Remember, I play on "ultra" difficulty, those things kill me with one hit the first time i went there.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 14th, 2017, 08:17
Remember, I play on "ultra" difficulty, those things kill me with one hit the first time i went there.
Yeah I'm on Ultra too. They kill me quick but when a couple got loose inside the Fort they got put down quickly.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

November 14th, 2017, 08:47
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Yeah I'm on Ultra too. They kill me quick but when a couple got loose inside the Fort they got put down quickly.
I am talking about the second set that comes.

Spoiler

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 14th, 2017, 18:44
I am talking about the second set that comes.

Spoiler
Those bugs spawning are triggered by
Spoiler

DPB

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

November 14th, 2017, 19:26
Wasn't that whole thing patched already?
I mean I can't redo it as Lucy died in my game before the patch.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

November 14th, 2017, 20:24
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Wasn't that whole thing patched already?
I mean I can't redo it as Lucy died in my game before the patch.
What was patched was the first time you enter the fort when they get attacked. They give you a quest, if you dont complete it, they get attacked again and they die which I think is intentional.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Small Detail Ideas for ELEX 2