The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I'll be in London next week (on my way to Edinburgh). And it turns out that none other than Symphony X, my 2nd favourite prog metal band performs at the London Scala (they're joined by a few other bands, including Psychotic Waltz). Yay!

Here's a live performance of End of Innocense from their upcoming "Iconoclast" album.

Devin Townsend is great. I know he's not too fond of the stuff he did with Steve Vai, but 'In my dreams with you' is still one of my favorite Townsend/Vai/Child songs.

Pretty desperate move to troll the music thread, SAGO. Running out of ideas, are we?

Haven't really been listening to much new stuff for the past few months, so I haven't been pulling my weight here. I do have a new video from my good friends in Makaras Pen, which I think is pretty good. Great tune, too. Not sure why Val (bass) was hiding behind his hat for the whole thing.

What's Really Happening by Makaras Pen

Pretty desperate move to troll the music thread, SAGO. Running out of ideas, are we?

Haven't really been listening to much new stuff for the past few months, so I haven't been pulling my weight here. I do have a new video from my good friends in Makaras Pen, which I think is pretty good. Great tune, too. Not sure why Val (bass) was hiding behind his hat for the whole thing.

What's Really Happening by Makaras Pen

hey why do you keep deleting mah reply?

all i said was that i found the song to be upbeat

most likely because i keep implying your a giant jew

Last edited:
listening to the one GnR cd that i can still listen to, and indeed like - Appetite for Destruction. Every song is good.

The Sword - Gods of the Earth

Awesome. Seldom do I find a band that has wizards n warriors type fantasy themes in the music, but not only that - it's got lots of doom metal elements as well. This is Black Sabbath thru a Frank Frazetta painting on a side of a 1970s van driven by Robert E. Howard's great grandson, love it.

I'm sorry, w/ songs like "The Frost Giant's Daughter", you just cant go wrong.

Devin Townsend is great. I know he's not too fond of the stuff he did with Steve Vai, but 'In my dreams with you' is still one of my favorite Townsend/Vai/Child songs.

I think he´s quite ok with Vai, this piece, for example, I think was co-penned with Vai:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ws_h-xVI7U

Anyway, live Townsend is totally recommended, it´s a load of fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3eHlfVPj0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3m9gMvTvRA (Are you ready for life!?)

The best dude, really :).

Last edited:
Last edited:
holy sh… whattttt?

I didnt know Steele was dead. OUch. Not a real big TON fan, but he's one of the greats of thrash metal. Some of my formative years were spent tearing shit up to Carnivore and SOD.

Sorry Peter, generlly dont pay attention to fuck all on the news since about 2005…

Carnivore "Race War"

Carnivore "Angry Neurotic Catholics"

Justin Bieber ? If you remove he first "e", then you get the German word for "Beaver" …
Anyway, his name looks very much like a German name to me … FEw other languages have this "ie" combination …
It could even be a German kind of distorted version of the German word "Biber".

This Beyonce cover. It's funny, I'm not exactly a fan of Beyonce (the songs I've heard are decent but a tad bit too plastic for my taste) but I've heard quite a few awesome Beyonce covers. Like this one: the original wasn't even something I had the energy of getting through when I attempted to listen to it, but this verision is running on repeat.

So I guess I at least appreciate Beyonce's songwriting skills.

Übereil

Back
Top Bottom