Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Diablo II

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Diablo III

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Alright everyone it's time for a new poll again. Since I'm running out of topics I'll keep it simple once again. So What's Your Favorite Diablo Game?

Actually, it's the Diablo NWN conversion called Lord of Terror - but I guess that's not a legit Diablo game.

Diablo 1 will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first multiplayer rogue-like I ever played, and it was a revelation in terms of entertainment. Sharing that kind of experience was wonderful.

But, overall, I'd have to say Diablo 3 is the game I most want to play - and the best game of the three.

We played the hell out of Diablo back in the days, both SP and in legendary LAN sessions. Just like Dart, it indeed has a very special place in my heart.
Expectations for D2 were immensely high and have been disappointed. It just didn't have the right feel (for me). Didn't even touch D3... I'm not into these games any more.

Where's the Torchlight option?

;)

Diablo I blew me away at the time. Loved the atmosphere. The move to above ground kind of killed the atmosphere for me in Diablo II and I didnt really get into it much. Never played Diablo III.

Couch, where's the option for: Diablo isn't an RPG!! :)

Not a huge fan of the Diablos or H&S in general but Diablo 3 + RoS was really enjoyable and definitely the best in the series now (while Diablo 3 before the loot patches when the RMAH was still around was a piece of shite).

They're all pretty rubbish in the larger context of RPGs as a whole, but for what they are, action RPGs, they can be fun distractions for awhile. :)

I remember being in uni in '97 and seeing students staging LAN parties playing Diablo online on some primitive ol' Pentiums. I liked the atmosphere, music and simple game-play.

I think beating all three games in co-op with my brother has probably been the highlight. As a consequence of playing so many, he likes the action rpgs more than me.
However as far as "favorites" go, the first game would probably be mine.

I voted for the first Diablo game. It is the game I have played the most over the years, and I can still fire it up to this day and enjoy myself with it. I love the underground dungeon, the progression to a more infernal, twisted realm the deeper you go, the 'optional' mini-bosses and quests, and of course, the magic loot, set items, and all the compulsive character building and customization that keeps one coming back for more. :)

Diablo II is great, too, but I prefer the first one. Just my 2 cents. ^^

Loved Diablo 1.
Returned Diablo 2. (you could do that back in the day)
Not interested in Diablo 3.

So guess who I voted for?
Might and Magic 6. oh yeah

The original Diablo for me as well. At least when choosing between the first two games since I've never played D3. I loved the atmosphere and the soundtrack, and it was a very memorable experience back then.

Diablo 2 never grabbed me the same way, and I dislike how everything respawns when you load a save. I'm not into multiplayer for these kinds of games, nor do I care about farming for loot. I'm sure I'd probably like D2 a lot more if those aspects mattered to me.

I like 3 the most. It is different to 1&2. But it is the better "loot" game.

Character building is pretty awful in D3, I have to agree. But once you get past it, you can learn to appreciate the sheer amount of variety in terms of active skills and the loot to support your build.

But if you want the strategy aspect of building a powerful and unique character, Diablo 3 is most definitely NOT the game for you.

Path of Exile is much, much better in that way.

None. I tried the first two for a few hours, found them mind blowing boring and decided to boycott all Blizzard games ever since.

Back
Top Bottom