M&M: Heroes VII - Pre-loading now available

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Morrandir spotted this announcement for Might & Magic: Heroes VII:

Pre-loading now available!

We are pleased to announce you that Might & Magic Heroes VII preload is now available on Uplay & all supported PC platforms! Thanks to the preload, you will be able to anticipate your download of the game and be fully prepared to play the game on Tuesday!

The M&M Team
More information.

I am taking a wait and see approach on this one. They have said that they are no longer going to use the Conflux system that caused so many issues for people on Heroes VI. I never liked the idea that you had to be online and connected to the Conflux else you missed out on certain features, even if you were only playing a single player campaign.

Of course, with UBIsoft's track record, I wouldn't doubt that there is still some online requirements.

Totally agree, the whole point of this game/series is that it was, and should always be completely offline. That alone stopped me from playing the last one, basically I won't play anything that requires either Origin or Ubisoft. It is too bad, because I'm already enjoying the fifth game, which I just bought the other day.

img-thing

Limbic ;)

Can't wait for this! I just recently finished M&MH 6 and the expansion (Shade of Darkness), loved the game!
But I also want to wait for them to release the first couple of patches...

What to do what to do, with POF being such a bigger mess and D:OSEE a few weeks away. Do I break down and try this?

I buy every single game but they really need to work on their campaigns to make them more enjoyable as you progress. Every game you go back to pretty much square one and you progress to have a big army and finish the game. Perhaps some bonus army for the large army from the previous level which you complete it with would be cool as well as a small bonus for finishing it quickly. There is really no excitement going on to teh next map except for the story which shouldnt be the case.

I buy every single game but they really need to work on their campaigns to make them more enjoyable as you progress. Every game you go back to pretty much square one and you progress to have a big army and finish the game. Perhaps some bonus army for the large army from the previous level which you complete it with would be cool as well as a small bonus for finishing it quickly. There is really no excitement going on to teh next map except for the story which shouldnt be the case.

I sort of disagree. You already bring your hero, who's much more powerful. How can you possibly balance a map when you don't know how many troops you start with? Do you balance it against someone coming with minimum troops? Then if you bring many troops you will be able to beat the guards guarding all resources near you so you make the map even easier. Or do you balance it against someone coming with medium amount of troops? What if you barely made it in the previous map?

I understand why they do it this way, and I'm ok with it. There is always challenge.

I think with HOMM6 i found it rather easy to just pump out a large army late in the game. With the exception of those damned fire elementals in one of the maps, its not the enemy heroes that were hard it was those map enemies that got hard as you head through that level. None of the levels were hard other than that due to the fact that you can just turtle rather easily. I only ever used 3 heroes. 1 main guy and the other two were transport troop heroes.

As for your question you balance for medium level of troops. I also think that there should be a limit to how many troops you can have ala kings bounty. Make the map enemy ramp up weaker and make the ai stronger but limit how much they can send in to fight as well at a give point in time. The enemy ideally should have slightly more than you in a given fight. I noticed in HoMM6 that the first fight is always the hardest aswell. That shouldnt be the case.

If you dont mind the online thing it is worth a try.

Well I do mind it, I would prefer to just buy a game and be able to choose to be online or not.

The easier choice is to buy the game, then download the crack copy of it which by passes the online requirements.

Its not the online requirements that is the problem is the additional content the online system provides. Like weapons and bonus resources.

Its not the online requirements that is the problem is the additional content the online system provides. Like weapons and bonus resources.

Well if that is the case I will pass and keep replaying maps on III.

I wasn't a big fan of the campaign system in general in HoMM VI, although I'm trying to figure out why. It seemed like there were a small number of maps in each campaign, but each map tended to be huge and sometimes tedious. There also seemed to be a lot of maps where they really limited your ability to have towns and upgrades. I enjoyed the campaign format a lot more in previous HoMMs.

I wasn't a big fan of the campaign system in general in HoMM VI, although I'm trying to figure out why. It seemed like there were a small number of maps in each campaign, but each map tended to be huge and sometimes tedious. There also seemed to be a lot of maps where they really limited your ability to have towns and upgrades. I enjoyed the campaign format a lot more in previous HoMMs.

I'm the opposite, I loved the more story-lined approach. Felt a lot like an RPG. The story progressed as you explored or did things in each map, very much like an RPG. You would get side-quests, or quests with different objectives depending on what 'faction' you were in (i.e. Blood or Tears), and each approach would have different consequences, rewards, etc.

Well I do mind it, I would prefer to just buy a game and be able to choose to be online or not.

The easier choice is to buy the game, then download the crack copy of it which by passes the online requirements.
Like I said, you can play offline if you want, I did. You lose the ability to wield a weapon, but you have like 10 other equipment slots so not really a big deal. I could complete all maps on normal no problem, maybe they are more necessary for higher difficulty levels, not sure, but on normal, no need.

Like I said, you can play offline if you want, I did. You lose the ability to wield a weapon, but you have like 10 other equipment slots so not really a big deal. I could complete all maps on normal no problem, maybe they are more necessary for higher difficulty levels, not sure, but on normal, no need.

Okay thanks, maybe I am back on board with trying it. I will most likely only play it on normal as well. I just like building up big armies and having some fun.

Okay thanks, maybe I am back on board with trying it. I will most likely only play it on normal as well. I just like building up big armies and having some fun.

Well I was talking about HoMM 6 not this one.
If you like building up big armies then HoMM6 would work fine for you. Unlike the other games, in 6 you can covert castles to your race, so instead of having 2 or 3 heroes with mini armies, you can have one hero with 500 archers, 100 champions, 40 archangels, 150 clerics, 200 crusaders, etc. And of course, the enemy can do the same thing so battles can be really epic (plus the boss battles are fun). Gameplay changes a bit compared to the other games as many times the map is decided when your epic army faces the enemy's epic army… whoever wins, typically owns the map (unless of course, there's more than one enemy …)

Last edited:
Actually there are two maps in singleplayer campaign of HoMM6 where mobs respawn - endlessly.
I hated those two.
However HoMM6 is still a great game IMO and can recommend it to everyone. Just don't be scared of uPlay.

Dunno if I said already. I'd preorder HoMM7 decades ago if Ubisoft didn't decide to go yet again with DLC crap. So instead of preorder and paying the full price for the game just to get milked later, I'm gonna sit and wait till the price (of the whole package) drops down significantly. The game won't escape anywhere. If it doesn't turn to be a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom