Deus Ex 3 - Unravelling the Conspiracy @ RPS

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Titled Deus Ex: Unravelling the Mystery, Rock, Paper, Shotgun's ieron Gillen launches enthusiastically into an examination of the scant material available on DX3, deconstructing the trailer and looking at some of the developers involved. I'm not sure it proves much in the end but it's an interesting attempt:
To summarise: A close-up on a technologically enhanced foetus with a Hollywood-style voiceover:
“For centuries man has struggled to understand his true nature.
What is it which makes us who we are?
Soon, one answer will override all overs.”
Followed by a text logo…
“Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.”
What can we take from that? Well, googling for the phrase without quotation marks brings us to a Girl Guide Ceremony, which I suspect we can reject as a direction unless Eidos Montreal really have a sharp-U turn in mind for Deus Ex. More generally, you can - in the context of the actual foetus - take it all as transhuman or posthuman rhetoric. The dual ideas that humanity’s ability to sidestep the basic evolutionary forces that have driven the world, and actively craft our future selves.
More information.

Interesting article, certainly the biggest fear factor being none of the known developers are RPG based or experienced.
Secondly Splinter Cell is not really a game I ever got into, as it was very much On Rails.
I lost interest when, as I crouch in bushes waiting for a guard to pass, in a non alerted state I shot him point blank in the head and he said, "Ouch" then started searching for me. :rolleyes:

Icarus, huh? I took it for an angel. The story of Icarus is one of the central metaphors of the original game. "Centuries" still grates at me, but who knows who wrote it or what role he'll play in the project. The segregation rubbish remains a huge red flag. Nevertheless, reassured.

Back
Top Bottom