Blizzard - Multiple Diablos in the Works

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Nichegamer Blizzard has teased that there are multiple Diablo games in development.

The company said they have “multiple Diablo projects” in development and that they “may have some things to show you later this year,” news confirmed by community manager Brandy Camel in the above video update titled “The Future of Diablo.”

[...]
Thanks Darth Tagnan!

More information.

I don't believe any of it. It's most probably multiple auction houses from Diablo 3. Not multiple Diablos 1 or Diablos 2.

Can't say I expect that much from Blizzard these days, but I can't exactly deny that I'm very intrigued by this.

I personally find that sub-genre quite boring, but there's no denying the success Blizzard has had with it.

I'll confess that I've never played Diablo before

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they have at least 3 separate Diablo projects in development. Of course, that's pure speculation - but that's my take from the wording.

Now, if that means Switch versions of all three Diablos - I'm going to respond with some projectile vomiting ;)

Guess we'll know come early November.

After I was reminded that a D2 remaster might be in development, here's my guess:

1. Diablo 3 Switch
2. D2 Remaster
3. Diablo looter shooter/MMO-lite OR Diablo 4

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they have at least 3 separate Diablo projects in development. Of course, that's pure speculation - but that's my take from the wording.

Now, if that means Switch versions of all three Diablos - I'm going to respond with some projectile vomiting ;)

Guess we'll know come early November.

After I was reminded that a D2 remaster might be in development, here's my guess:

1. Diablo 3 Switch
2. D2 Remaster
3. Diablo looter shooter/MMO-lite OR Diablo 4

You should add a 4th guess:

4. Diablo survival/base builder.

Good predictions. I too lean more toward the camp that D3 is done and no more character DLCs will come, so this means the highlight will be on D2 HD and D4 (whatever beast it is).

I certainly hope so :)

I also hope they change their approach to the end-game, whatever they decide to go with.

The endless difficulty scaling rifts were a terribly, terribly boring end-game - in my opinion.

Ironically, I really liked the original concept of a single final super-duper hard difficulty that functioned more or less like the old "Hell" difficulty.

Of course, for me to be satisfied with that approach - they'd have to forego the on-the-fly respeccing, because it really hurt the replayability incentive for my part.

Beyond that, I must be the only person on planet Earth that adored the concept of the RMAH.

Now THAT is an end-game that might motivate me to become an efficient grinder ;)

I love power-gaming and optimising my character, but I absolutely must have a reward that goes beyond more grinding. So, if I can earn real cash - and potentially even significant cash if I'm good enough - that would be a much better alternative.

But they should have never balanced Inferno around the auction house.

So, they made a ton of mistakes - but I still think the core gameplay and active skill variety was above and beyond pretty much everything else in this genre.

Blizzard:
- Dear fans! Rejoice! We have the following Diablo games in the works: Diablo Collective Card Game, Diablo MyPony, Diablo Tentacle Hentai, Diablo Tetris and finally the best of the best: Diablo Detective The Lost Secret of Diablo Manor (hidden object game)

We haven't had any good hack and slash loot whoring games recently so I look forward this but I hope they don't have auction house or even cash shop which sells cosmetics etc as they will ruin it. Cosmetics hunting in addition to power hunting is good "progression" mechanics so any cash shop will ruin that.

I had lot of fond memories playing dungeon siege, sacred games etc so I miss games like that now.

Given the huge amount of revenue earned thru just wow subscribers alone, I've always wondered why new Blizzard titles/releases are so few and far between. Developers with far less resources produce more games than they do.

Back
Top Bottom