Dragon Age 4 - New Images

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports on some new images for Dragon Age 4 which show a graveyard.

See the tech being utilized in making the next Dragon Age, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and more.

Thanks for checking out IGN's Summer of Gaming! Be sure to stay tuned to SoG as our editorial team shares hands-on demos, gameplay previews (including Xbox Series X gameplay and PS5 gameplay), developer interviews, and publisher presentations- and it's all happening in live broadcasts! Throughout June IGN will be showcasing new games, 2020 Xbox news, and PS5 news. Summer of Gaming will also feature news about upcoming games, 2020 titles releasing for Playstion 5 and Xbox Series X, and more exclusive gameplay footage.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I don't think any of those pics are DA4.
Looks more like Destiny concept art. Whatever the name of Destiny clone is.

Nah that is DA4 most likely. The red is most likely red lyirum. It fits into what was happening in DA3 in some ways.

I am interested, if only to see this game reach some conclusion to the ongoing story line with Flemeth, Fenris, and the Elves ... but at the same time don't have my hopes very high.

That's some pretty slim pickings...

I would have said quite chubby ;)

I replayed Dragon Age Inquisition a couple of months ago and it was as great as I remembered (a great game), so I'm looking forward to DA4 a whole lot.

I've enjoyed all the DA games but feel like there's nothing left of the BioWare of old and I don't have high hopes.

Console first design makes me queasy.

Games as services is not something I want any part of.

I don't need RPGs to be dating simulations.

I'll be OK with being pleasantly surprised if DA:4 ends up being as good as any of the previous games.

Probably DA4, but we definitely can't be sure. That red stuff is a lot more organic than the crystal red lyrium we got in DA3... though maybe it has infected plant life somehow? Bah. It's fantasy. No point dwelling on it. (Though I do hope we get to go to the Black City!)

'We have heard what you said about the games you want to play' is EA code for Live Services everywhere.
Haven't been reading much about Squadrons?

The EA live event was a waste of time. It was nothing but developers virtue signalling, and advertising switch games mostly. Most of the new games didn't interest me.

Based on the comments many viewers wanted a BioWare announcement. All we got was a short one minute tech demonstration about the upcoming unannounced games.

Hopefully DA 4 isn't a mess as EA/Bioware stopped development once already.

Link - https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/the-past-and-present-of-dragon-age-4/

Last edited:
The EA live event was a waste of time. It was nothing but developers virtue signalling, and advertising switch games mostly. Most of the new games didn't interest me.

Based on the comments many viewers wanted a BioWare announcement. All we got was a short one minute tech demonstration about the upcoming unannounced games.

Hopefully DA 4 isn't a mess as EA/Bioware stopped development once already.

Link - https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/the-past-and-present-of-dragon-age-4/

@Couch

Since when do you derail every discussion into sth about SJW? I'm fed up of that negativity. What you call virtue signalling I call talking your social responsibility serious. There is more than your truth, don't ya think?

On topic: Dark and gritty... mh.

Probably DA4, but we definitely can't be sure. That red stuff is a lot more organic than the crystal red lyrium we got in DA3… though maybe it has infected plant life somehow? Bah. It's fantasy. No point dwelling on it. (Though I do hope we get to go to the Black City!)

Haven't been reading much about Squadrons?

Sorry, what is your point?
I expect a game from EA with MP to offer a 'little' shop and some subscriptions and so on and so on. You don't?

I enjoyed DA:I quite a lot, till in later phase of game my characters became so powerful that further development became completely irrelevant. Killed the game for me. Hope Bioware is actually able to make good game in the state the company is after release of ME4 and Anthem. Time will tell.

Sorry, what is your point?
I expect a game from EA with MP to offer a 'little' shop and some subscriptions and so on and so on. You don't?
That's been what they've been doing for the past half-decade or so but this Squadrons thing they're doing isn't fitting their mold at all. It's still got multi-player (though smaller, 5v5 scale) but it's not going to have any microtransactions at all and doesn't seem to have any planned DLC, either.

Now whether this is just some one-off that they've got no intention of following up with, an experiment to see how it works out, or the first change of direction I have no idea - but it gives me hope they may be returning to the Old Ways. (Though I would kinda like the DLC to stick around, personally.)

That's been what they've been doing for the past half-decade or so but this Squadrons thing they're doing isn't fitting their mold at all. It's still got multi-player (though smaller, 5v5 scale) but it's not going to have any microtransactions at all and doesn't seem to have any planned DLC, either.

Now whether this is just some one-off that they've got no intention of following up with, an experiment to see how it works out, or the first change of direction I have no idea - but it gives me hope they may be returning to the Old Ways. (Though I would kinda like the DLC to stick around, personally.)

I would love you to be right. They were very surprised by the success of Jedi: Fallen Order. They still present the Live Services as the heart of their strategy when they talk to shareholders so I have doubts about big investment games being launched without it.

They still present the Live Services as the heart of their strategy when they talk to shareholders so I have doubts about big investment games being launched without it.
Yep, me too. I'm just saying back into the "fairly pessimistic" column now instead of the "don't even bother looking" category.

Dragon Age 4 Gamescom 2020 Behind the Scenes Teaser

BioWare gives fans a behind the scenes first look at Dragon Age 4.

Meh.

DA:O was the only game I enjoyed in the series. DA:I wasn't awful like DA:2 was, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable either for me.

Nothing here particularly excites me. The only stand out thing is the cover art on the vid.

That's so... bland. :|

However the game might still become a good one.

Back
Top Bottom