The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Anything by Claypool Lennon Delirium, every original song or any song that they cover is just simply awesome. Boomerang Baby could easily be a current contemporary Beatles song.

Haven't really dug up much new stuff that I haven't mentioned before. I have "rediscovered" a band that I always enjoyed but never really followed. Their albums work better as unified works rather than a collection of tracks because you are walked thru the variety of sounds and moods. Anyhoo, enjoy:
"Belly Up" by Tears Run Rings
"Inertia"

Pretty sure their track "Reunion" is being used on some commercial.

Busy week for live shows here. I should go to one of these…

THURSDAY — 11.16.17

Elbow and C Duncan @ Wiltern
Tennis @ Fonda Theatre
Lo Moon @ The Troubadour
Nilufer Yanya and Monogem at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever
Gary Numan @ Teragram Ballroom
Metronomy @ The Regent Theater (6:00 + 9pm shows)
Gavin Turek at the Roxy

FRIDAY — 11.17.17

Ariel Pink @ The Regent Theater
LCD Soundsystem @ Hollywood Palladium
Shout Out Louds @ Fonda Theatre
Jain @ El Rey Theatre
Michael McDonald @ Orpheum Theatre
Gorgon City @ Exchange L.A.
Gary Numan @ The Observatory

Last edited:
Another new favorite care of KCRW

Khruangbin – “Maria También”

This trio comes from the remote locale of Burton, Texas. Which has a population of about 300 people, is land locked and isn’t incredibly diverse. Despite all of that, Laura Lee, Mark Speer & Donald Johnson create music that sounds like the soundtrack to an imagined 1960s Southeast Asain surf film. The trio began the Khruangbin project after collectively discovering Thai funk cassettes from the 60s & 70s. Most of their music is instrumental and is equal parts: dreamy, ethereal and psychedelic. Infusing elements of funky bass lines, twangy and fuzzy, wah-wah guitar riffs, 60s soul and traditional Asian melodies – Khruangbin creates compositions that are simply infectious. Check out their latest single “Maria También” from their forth coming record Con Todo El Mundo.

Finally did something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Dig up old songs from an old movie I have vague but strange memories of … "Phantom of the Paradise."

Remember this one?

The soundtrack was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe back in 1974. Great rock opera soundtrack throughout but I think this ballad is my favorite from it.

This one too triggers something nice

Last edited:
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do in this thread again.

Back
Top Bottom