Kingmaker Advisors: Can You Drop from Current Advisory Role?

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Rills

Sentinel
Okay I have the need to drop an assigned advisor to another advisory role. Right now I have an opening but in order to make it work I need to drop someone out of their current role, place them into a new role, and then move a new advisor into the newly vacated spot.

How do you make this happen? Thanks.

Pretty straight forward if I understand you correctly.

1) Click on the kingdom management desk in your throne room

2) Click on the "advisors" tab in the menu which apppears. This will take you into the "mirror room" will all of your advisors on display.

3) Click on the advisor you're looking to replace; remove him/her. If your new advisor is available, they'll appear when you look to add a replacement.

Anyway, hope that helps.

I actually just got all of the advisors unlocked finally in my first run through the game. I wouldn't mind finding alternative replacements for a couple of them (Councilor and Espionage) but have yet to find more than only companion advisors for these roles. Still haven't upgraded to City yet though and I'm nearing the end of chapter 6.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is much appreciated. I too am going through the game for the first time and in my last game session I hit a serious issue. I did not realize I had entered the 4th chapter and was totally unaware of the Varnhold Quest until I received the warning that I had 55 days to find out what happened to all the people that vanished. otherwise my Kingdom will fail. Call me Captain Obvious. So I am rushing around by first going to the Barbarian Camp, completed the first two Defaced Sisters chapters, and now I am in the Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Ugh! I absolutely hate these types of puzzles. What worries me is I now only have 41 days left which doesn't give me much wriggle room. I know I'll have to return to the Barbarian Camp and then I believe I have one more major dungeon.

May I ask what level you attempted this quest and who was in your party? I love Linzi for her buffing. But do you use another NPC that can fulfill the role of buffer? I need someone who can deal deal damage and also buff. I do have Harrim and he can be good with the right items but another healer and/or buffer would be great that can also hurt the enemy. Tristian is a good healer, etc. but damage is another thing. Thanks again.

I think my party was around 10-12 for the Sepulcher. That's one of the best dungeons in the game for me so far but it is a bit tricky to navigate at first. A couple of the key doors are awkward to spot so definitely search all sections carefully.

The last crawl in the Valley of the Dead to finish the Varnhold Vanishing quest is also significant but providing your party is reasonably well equipped and with enough rations (and some means of death ward and restoration) to not have to repeatedly retreat to the capital, I think you'll be fine. I managed to complete that dungeon without resting, but that'll naturally depend on many factors. (Party composition, spell availability etc)

Party wise, I'm using a very melee heavy group - dwarven fighter PC, Valerie, Amiri, Harrim with Ekundayo and Octavia at the rear. I rely on Harrim and Octavia for buffs and spells with lots of scrolls and potion use. Ekun with the Devourer of Metal bow is a real powerhouse and overall is quite reminiscent of Kivan (stoic ranger) from Baldurs Gate. His dog companion is also quite useful and fun to keep alive.

I've got Harrim outfitted with the mallet of woe and often tank with him or place him just behind for spell buffs. He's in essence another take on the Xan persona from BG.
I haven't taken Tristian much but he is my only counsellor. I don't mind Linzi; but she's a bit too Alora/Imoen and gets on my nerves at times. I didn't really take to Jaethal or Regongar. Played with Nok-Nok a bit for the amusement factor. Jubilost looks to be powerful (as is alchemy generally) but I can't stomach his smugness. Found him very late on. I sense he'd be fun to use in an evil playthrough though.

Best of luck finishing up the Sepulcher.

Back
Top Bottom