Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Amiri doubling might be related to something they fixed in hotfix 4 (yesterday).

Amiri doubling might be related to something they fixed in hotfix 4 (yesterday).

Her double disappeared when I left the kingdom so it's fine now. Although it almost let me take out a party with 7 characters, 2 of them being Amiri! :lol:

New tip - travel light. You'll not only get to your destinations quicker but your party will actually move faster on the map. Much better than Medium encumbrance. Use the storage chest at your kingdom to store goodies!

Loving this game so much but man, the bugs are bad. Weird text string errors when you try to take some feats, currently spells not showing up when you level a Sorc (devs are apparently working on a fix for this), Amiri flat-out just got removed from my party in a bug during the Barbarian war quest (she just sat in camp saying "let me know when you're ready to leave" - when you leave, she went missing) - and now, for a totally game breaking bug, Armag's Tomb simply isn't showing up for me no matter what Kingdom events I complete. Supposedly from Steam discussions a lot of people are experiencing this bug, which makes it impossible to complete chapter 4.

I think I'll come back to this game in a month or so when things are a bit more... uh, polished. It's more fun than I've had from a game since Baldur's Gate (the D&D/Pathfinder ruleset in a game just makes me swoon!) - but it's also more frustration than I've had in a game since I can't recall.

My tip for the game is that Heavy Maces are a really good weapon choice to specialize in, and Crusader clerics with the animal domain make for a really tough main character when built right. They can be front-line melee characters with a tower shield like I made my main, or they can be excellent archers when taking the right feats.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
How are druids? Any opinions?

And do they fit pretty well with the companion characters?

Not sure about Druids, but there's so many companions in the game. So many. You'll definitely be able to find some combination that works, and if not you can also create mercenaries for a fee.

I'm a Inquisitor Sacred Huntsmaster and animal companions rock. I prefer the Saber-tooth tiger, called Smilodon. He seems to be my party's best DPS by a large margin. I wish you could name your pets....

How are druids? Any opinions?

And do they fit pretty well with the companion characters?

There is no companions who are druids, so they fit well I think.

After that, depends which archetype you wants to take (they all have animal companions outside of the Blight Druid archetype). Some archetype, including basic Druid, get to spontaneously cast summon nature ally too, so you don't have to take those on your bard/wizard companions.

They have a nice spell list. They are the only spellcaster with a AOE CC spell at level 1 (entangle).

You could also go with Sylvan Sorcerer instead (a nature themed Sorcerer), doesn't have wild shape, but gets the animal companion and other bonuses.

Really depends why you want from your Druid.

Last edited:
You could also go with Sylvan Sorcerer instead (a nature themed Sorcerer), doesn't have wild shape, but gets the animal companion and other bonuses.

Yea I ended up switching, for various reasons, to try the Sylvan Sorcerer with a wolf companion. I liked the whole theme behind a nature based sorcerer for some reason. Plus I tend to always like characters with good talking skills and with Charm at 19 and persuasion I am getting a lot of that - and enjoying it.

Although I read perception is really nice to have which my Ranger has ... so may bump that up when I am playing him.

I still have my Ranger saved though and will probably try a Barbarian Mad Dog as well. All the ones with animal companions. Well except Druid as not keen on the dress they have to wear :p Well not really more that I played one a lot in Beta.

Not in any rush as everything I have read is that higher chapters have a lot of the bugs so just going slow while I wait for patches to come out.

Tips on kingdom management. Make sure you deal with troubles promptly, especially if these are tied to the main plot. Also, investigate some of the curses related to the main plot.

Tips on kingdom management. Make sure you deal with troubles promptly, especially if these are tied to the main plot. Also, investigate some of the curses related to the main plot.

Definitely a good tip. Research those curses and solve those problems. :)

I ditched my monk and am now trying an eldritch archer build. The lawfulness was becoming too much, really.

Eldritch archer looks quite interesting. And he can be chaotic. Yay!

Pro tip (aka lesson learned): don't build characters that you don't like.

I ditched my monk and am now trying an eldritch archer build. The lawfulness was becoming too much, really.

Eldritch archer looks quite interesting. And he can be chaotic. Yay!

Pro tip (aka lesson learned): don't build characters that you don't like.

Very good tip! :party:

Edit: But the alignment change is subtle and takes a lot of choices I think. Or you could be a monk who lost his lawful ways maybe??

New tip - travel light. You'll not only get to your destinations quicker but your party will actually move faster on the map. Much better than Medium encumbrance. Use the storage chest at your kingdom to store goodies!

That, and they'll tire less. Hauling back all these leather armors to the trading post is really not worth it in terms of time and tedium.

@TheRealFluent; I tried the not!custom to custom portrait and I get a loading error message. Seems that's more complicated than I anticipated. :/

That, and they'll tire less. Hauling back all these leather armors to the trading post is really not worth it in terms of time and tedium.

Definitely not. I haven't had to do that once, it's just not necessary. But yep, tiring less is a good bonus too!

@TheRealFluent; I tried the not!custom to custom portrait and I get a loading error message. Seems that's more complicated than I anticipated. :/

Yep, that's what others on the Steam forums are saying too. Thanks for trying anyway!

New tip - You can manage your party make-up from the world map. There's a button at the bottom. It takes hours for your party to rearrange but you don't have to travel back to the capital to change party members.

Very good tip! :party:

Edit: But the alignment change is subtle and takes a lot of choices I think. Or you could be a monk who lost his lawful ways maybe??

Possible, but then I could not gain Monk levels anymore.

This is driving me crazy. It always jacks my encumbrance all around. I mean I know I can get rid of one of my Amiris, but it's still annoying.

I hate encumbrance in loot heavy/heavy loot? games. I generally disable it.

Back
Top Bottom