The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

As I pointed out here https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50039 , I have some sound problems.
My guess is that you'd better prepare for the worst : Me having no sound at all - although that's unlikely, I think.
I personally prefer to prepare for the worst so that I can be more positively surprised when things arfen's that bad, actually. ;)

A few thoughts:
1) Take 19 on yer toons before next week
2) Next up, a Shroud for Corwin
3) Then we'll make it up to him by running Harbinger2 (build a boat)
4) If people are still short of 20 (I doubt that will be the case), we can tack on a Sharn3
5) I will be out in 2 weeks (06MAY) to see one of the Wild Dogs collect her degree
6) We need to start token farming
7) We need to start thinking about the next group - what toon will come around and as what?

Last edited:
The next group:
JM:
CM:
Corwin:
Peter:
Az:
Alrik:
TD: Phuury coming around as an archer (deep woods / horizon / backup healing)

Only two reasons I'd change this. Phuury is 27- close to an ETR but not that close. Might keep him epic long enough to hit 30, which would mean bringing around a different toon with potentially a different build. I don't have to do Phuury's archer build if the group has specific gaping holes in the lineup.

I'm very close to do a TR for either Alrih or Senha.
I'm not fully decided between both yet.
I'd give up my "dream" to have Alrih as an Epics trapper, but since I'm mostly soloing her anyway, and noticed that she isn't that great in Epics, I've decided to do a TR with her one day anyway.
Senha, on the other hand has not so much to lose, since she is a Sorc. And Bany kinda took up her role of being "the Epics alt".

I still have no idea into what to TR them, though. Alrih probably Ranger or Horizon Walker, since I gave her that special Quiver from the 2021 DDO Anniversary Token.

If you have any ideas, I'm open to that ! Just no trapper anymore, thanks. ;)

And then I still need to prepare for that ... You gave me tips for TR several pages ago in this thread, so I need to re-read them.

My Bard is an Iconic, so wouldn't qualify as a level 1 toon.
That she could start as level 1 was only because i had created her on the HC server, where this is seemingly possible with all Iconics.

Think I will just turn Lorakas around for another life. She will stay rogue, diplo build.

…er… I'm nowhere near level 19; still almost 2 full ranks to go, so I definitely won't be 19 by next week!! I was barely 18 when we began this week, so 3 ranks wasn't too bad. Maybe I should go and solo something while you all get Shrouded!! :D

If we knew your additional playing times, then we could help you.

Besides : The new "free item" store code contains jump potions ! ;)

…er… I'm nowhere near level 19; still almost 2 full ranks to go, so I definitely won't be 19 by next week!! I was barely 18 when we began this week, so 3 ranks wasn't too bad. Maybe I should go and solo something while you all get Shrouded!! :D
hmmmm, I thought the Vale would get you much further along. We'll have to think about this a bit.

The Vale got me 3 ranks this week, but It took all the explorers the week before to get me to 18 plus the over 400 kills, so all I got this week was quest and monster manual!!

Shroud should be another rank for Corwin. Definitely get an XP pot going for that one Corwin. We could hold on 19 (or just not care) and do the L16 Sharn quests to help make up some of the XP. We could also pick up something we don't do often like Druid's Deep or Reaver's Refuge, or even make an attempt at Vision of Destruction or Hound of Xoriat raids. Actually, I think I'd recommend trying the raids; we don't do them often, and they're okay XP. Also, if there's some of the friendly other guildies on at level, we can pick them up for some extra firepower for the raids. And maybe actually remembering how to get to them.

I believe JM said she was doing a trapper build of some sort. So that fills two needed slots already. I'm planning on a raging psychopath. No, not a Paladin, the other raging psychopath. That said, I can step into other slots if needed, though we do have two trappers listed. I do have a Bard build on tap, which would probably be more useful in general for the group as a whole.

Also, if Tabaxi are out by the time the next TR hits, we must all use one as the Race just for Corwin.

JM: Trapper of Unknown Origins
CM: Spy/Diplomat
Corwin: Soulstone
Peter:
Az: Me Am Barbarian. Me Eat Whole McDonalds. Very Filling Whole McDonalds. You Should Try.
Alrik:
TD: Deep Woods Walker

Alrik, I'd suggest trying something you haven't done. Which very well may be nothing, since you have more alts than the entire guild combined. Maybe a Paladin? Those are pretty durable.

Last edited:
I have a Paladin for soloing … So far, now, I don't mind. I liked playing one.
If I TR Senha, who is an Aasimar, I'd try to keep her as close to what she is now as possible … would give a few nice synergies, as far as I know.
Senha is only level 20 or 21, though.

Besides, I have sound again. I'm using the front audio jack now.

@Alrik
What did you think of that mutt feydark illusionist build you tried? I'm giving it some thought.

@JM/Az
Did you enjoy your alcoholic builds?

Neither thought is for Phuury. Unless I take him to 30, he's still joining the next group as an archer type.

I will be out Friday. Going out to dinner it seems. Have fun grinding out those tokens.

@Alrik
What did you think of that mutt feydark illusionist build you tried? I'm giving it some thought.

It was quite effective, imho. It worked well against stone elementals, I think also even against a few Reapers, but my memory is blurry about that, so don't trust it. Same with undead.

I made the experience of lots of monsters being fairly weak against Force damage.
And Force damage is what that build mostly consists of.
Only higher level monsters are more resistant to that.

You can buff your Charisma with it a bit as well - if you want to. That build is next to PDK the only way to get Charisma for hitting & damage rolls.

The animations are mostly nice, too.
Except for the thrown shadow knife, which looks a bit … strange.

The "shadow swords" one can conjure are "weapons made enrtirely of shadow", doing Force damage, and are shortswords. I once had the idea of a cleric build with having shortswords as favoured weapons - and only Drow can do that with Vulkoor. I don't know, however, how much sense this makes.
One can also use "imbue with shadow" with normal weapons. They get the Force as a additional damage type.

The Familiar also gives nice benefits in higher levels, imho.

Please take this with a grain of salt, as I'm not good in playing casters or analysing mechanics anyway.

Regarding Paladin : Too bad that they are always lawful good. Means that if I'd turn Alrih into a Paladin, I couldn't use the Marilith Chain.
I have a glamered version of it, though.

I might run my current paladin to 30 and the ETR + TR into a paladin again. That toon has great gear as a paladin and we need melees. I keep running racial TR's.

Late notice, but had a thought just now. The cap goes to level 32 tomorrow with update 54. That means if you're sitting on an ETR, you'd better get it done now.

pure alchemist wasn't bad. tried an alchemist/rogue, and with gear, got the traps ok, but firepower unsatisfactory in epics. got by not too badly. eg heroic cabal for one, pure did last battle with 2 spells, alc/rog was a few more, needed more crowd control.

How durable are fighters ?

How durable are fighters ?

Fighters can be built to have a ton of HP, PRR/MRR, AC, etc... with great damage. That said, their will and reflex saves are poor. So you will be taking in a lot of damage, and getting hit with crowd control more than a Paladin. Unless you build for very high UMD, which is not easy to get to a usable level on a Fighter, no healing or buffs either. Alternately, Half-Elf Cleric dilettante gives access to healing wands/scrolls, though it's a lot slower to use. There's also synergy with Monk, as Kensai has an enhancement that lets you stay centered while using your weapon focus. IIRC, Fireflash ran as a centered Kensai, and was quite good, though that was ages ago, when they switched to the current enhancement system. You'll still be squishy in today's game, but you'll do much better damage than a Monk could ever dream of and survive traps and spells like no Fighter could hope to.

@JM/Az
Did you enjoy your alcoholic builds?

Neither thought is for Phuury. Unless I take him to 30, he's still joining the next group as an archer type.

Quite a bit. Solid DPS and healing, and able to deal with traps on run #2. I'd probably not run another one though, at least until I run a caster drunk. By which time Psionics will be in the game and I'll try running a Soul Knife or something. Though archers have improved drastically, at least at the point that I switched Mureall to one. Not sure how the earlier levels are, but got to be better than Monk.

Back
Top Bottom