Technical help required: permanent loading failure

Henk

Watcher
To whom it may concern:

in 2008 I tried playing the Russian version and after a few fantastic hours of just walking around and enjoying the scenery, I decided to save and quit. One year later, I wanted to load it again, but the game just crashes to desktop when I am loading something.

To my unfortunate suprise I have the same problem with the Gamersgate version. Also after I did the patch (not the 1.3 one yet, but I presume nothing changes with it in this respect) and the language files of player1.

I asked player1 to help me, but he said I needed to ask it to people who knew more technically where problems with this game come from.

I have had years of patience and then finally there was this English version, but I just cannot load any savegame.

What's the error? The game creates an error log file, please post the contents.
Where can I find those?
Please note that there is no sign of error when it crashes, it is like I said a straight-forward CTD.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's either in a folder called 'logs' in the game directory, or under My Documents. For me (Windows 7) it's something like:

C:\Users\Public\My Documents\White Gold\Logs\

Just an idea. Did you play the 1.01 version at the time? The GamersGate version is still at 1.0 so the saved games may not be compatible...

There's only console.log in the map.

Just an idea. Did you play the 1.01 version at the time? The GamersGate version is still at 1.0 so the saved games may not be compatible…
Sorry for not replying to this. I tried both versions, but nothing changed. Please remember that I also had the same problem with the Russki version from three years ago. The game runs fine when playing a new game, just can't load anything.

Than the answer is simple IMO: your savegames are corrupted enough to crash your game. The causes of corruption might have nothing to do with the game but be system related: faulty HD sector, damage due to virus infection etc...

Back
Top Bottom