What games are you playing now?

I'm playing World of Warcraft, I dropped EVE Online cuz its not fair how players with unlimited funds can beat someone poor like me...

I'm playing World of Warcraft, I dropped EVE Online cuz its not fair how players with unlimited funds can beat someone poor like me...

.... I am done with World of Warcraft. I got to the highest level 70 and did Battlegrounds until my fingers bled. So... I won.

Oh yeah? ;)

Yeah I know, it's just funny :D

Well I found a WoW raiding guild willing to take a newb and I have never done raids before.

And Darkfall is coming soon (tm) so hopefully soon (tm) I can actually play an MMO that I fully enjoy instead of only hanging out for lame reasons (WoW) like raids.

btw it took me a good three days to find a raiding guild that allows characters that only have green and blue items. On Boulderfist, server I play on, almost everybody else has 70s with purple items because I didnt start playing when server opened. Plus playing 9 alts has made my main Javelus (70 nightelf hunter) take the LONG ROAD to 70 that has taken six months now...

Raiding is new to me but I will see how long that lasts...

Messing around with Portal right now while I decide which game I'm going to play next. It's a fun game with some interesting puzzles, but it's way too short.

Finally have gotten started a bit with Mask of the Betrayer. It's intense, extremely so compared to the actiony stuff I've been playing lately, but I have to say it's definitely involving me more than NWN2. It took me about an hour to adjust the camera settings and get my chops back control-wise with the interface and spell setup so I wasn't committing suicide every time a combat triggered, but now it's becoming quite fun. Very good writing.

Been stuck in limbo lately... Every time it gets close to release time for a game I'm really looking forward to (e.g. The Witcher), I somehow get out of the mood to play anything else. I was working on Total War: Kingdoms, but also have been casually playing Need for Speed: Carbon. Just waiting for The Witcher and Need for Speed: Pro Street to come out. Hurry up already!

I just "finished" GTA: San Andreas after having the game for a good two years. And by finished I mean completed the main quest line. There's still a ton of other things to do, like take over territories and finish the occasional side quest.

I've also been "playing" Pax Romana. And by playing I mean trying to figure out how the game works. There's a good game in there somewhere, I just need to figure out how it works and how to make it work. There are a lot of separate interface windows and unavailable options are either grayed out or just not listed, but for the life of me I cannot figure out *why*. In some cases I cannot tell when something is the cause of a bug (because bugs there are) or if it's intentional.

The game deals on a grand scale with my favourite period of history, so I'm very much wanting to get into it all, but the game does not make it easy.

after finsihing up the chosen, excellent game by the way, late sunday i've been playing and nearly finished with obscure 2. it's even better than the original in my opinion which was a great sleeper/suprise for me a couple of years ago when it came out. if you like the adventure/survival horror genre this series is a must play and for me at least is near to toppling the, in my view, waning resident evil franchise. no zombies here though, so if that's your thing...
8 playable characters to in this one as opposed to the original which had 5 i think. also the sequel has full 3d environments and coop play which i can't recall if the original had. mouse and keyboard though work great, and there are tons of melee and ranged weapons. also there's quite a number of puzzle/minigame skills that are character specific. stan, a returning character, for instance has one of the best lockpicking mingames i've ever tried--quite challenging. this game was released a few months ago in europe, but isn't coming out here in n.a. 'til next spring! i couldn't wait nearly that long so i was elated when i finally found an import copy (which i normally shy away from) last week on ebay.

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZWcnJQI0h4

Last edited:
I played the demo for the first Obscure, and while it did seem to have some promise, it was nowhere near the quality of a Resident Evil title.

I will be busy for a while. I just got MoTB and Two Worlds and have The Witcher on preorder for next week. Two Worlds is looking massive, both in terrain to cover and sidequests. After only a few hours I have 10 quests, rode my horse out into a pack of wolves I brazenly thought I could beat off from atop my steed and ended up having to dismount to kill them just have a bear appear and bite my head off. Now I have lost my way, lost my horse and will be reloading so I can run past those nasty areas from now on until I get a level or two more. ;)

I'm replaying kotor 1 now. Man its such a great game. Voice acting, music, star wars feeling, saber fighting. Hehe and all those great moments like blasting vulkars with Carth and mission, carth and bastilla argueing all the time and not to mention that Jolee's sarcastic humor cracks me up everytime..can't wait to get hk on my crew. I'm in Kashyn atm, next tatoiine :)

btw this time I saved some levels from Taris so my jedi char is a lot more powerfull from the begining like it should be. She is a lvl 5 scout / going to become a lvl 15 guardian. So far this char has been a blast. high dex, decent strenght, wisdom and a bit of charisma. she is going to become the ultimate Jedi guardian..heh a bit like mace windu or obi wan kenobi :).

starting stats

16 dex
14 strenght
10 condition
10 int
14 wis
12 cha

all the atribute upgrades go to dex so at the end i should have 20 dex.

While inteligence may look terribly low, bear in mind that it doesn't play big role in kotor unlike in kotor 2. Sure skills points are not that great, but scout has 12 starting points even with 10 int and I only need to get my repair skill to 17 (to repair hk droid) and rest of the points go to persuade/awarness. Besides I can always use Mission to take care of my hacking, stealth, demolitions and security needs :) Condition could have been 12, but toughness lvl 1 is a good replacement.

Still playing Two Worlds and loving it... huge, beautiful game with great combat (IMO) and great character development (once again IMO). I love the sounds for this game... they really add to the illusion of being there... and each area has sounds that are appropriate for where you are... even if they are sometimes not that accurate. For instance you can be near a farm and hear cows moo'ing, but there are no cows to be seen...

but that's okay... I can live with invisible cows ;)

Still playing Two Worlds and loving it... huge, beautiful game with great combat (IMO) and great character development (once again IMO). I love the sounds for this game... they really add to the illusion of being there... and each area has sounds that are appropriate for where you are... even if they are sometimes not that accurate. For instance you can be near a farm and hear cows moo'ing, but there are no cows to be seen...

but that's okay... I can live with invisible cows ;)

While my first impression of TW wasn't great, I'm looking forward to giving it a try as soon as the 1.6 patch is released. I already have the game installed and I'm tempted to start now, but according to various sources the 1.6 is supposed to be released "any day now".

*Edit* Uh-O, looks like TW might have to sit on my shelf a little longer. They just announced the release of the community patch 1.5 for Gothic 3. Looking at the changelog, I think this is the patch I've been waiting for. I'm going to start G3 again with the intention of actually finishing it this time.

Last edited:
Two Worlds is massive, and I am getting very attached to my horse. I love running at full gallop over the fields. :)

JDR i am begining to think you and Jemy might be related after all:) first your names both start with j. second and more importantly you both have a high love and loyalty to and of japanese console games. i have enjoyed and spent hundreds of hours with both the resident evil and final fantasy series. loved every minute of most of them too. but as far as them setting the bar for anything other than fun, and good cg movies i think is a bit of a stretch. in the survival horror genre i think both the obscure franchise and alone in the dark are far more adult, not developed for the pc as an afterthought, and have much tighter and creative stories. them may not have the epic feel to them that resident evil has but, for me that's the draw. they focus more on the adventure aspect and deal with average people not cops or the military. i have played countless japanese made games and love them, and their country, but to me sometimes the arcade influence can ruin the whole experience for me and probably the reason i feel estranged from resident evil after so man years. having to get a good grade in a video game, or beat it in a certain amount of time to enjoy all the content would be nice if i had all the time in the world--but games that i don't get to make meaningful choices (ie dialogue, rpg) are rarely the type of games i play more than once ever.

finished obsure 2 last night and it is indeed better than the first. light though plays less of a factor in combating monsters though than it did in the first in my opinon. also i love games that reward you for watching the credits. this game gives you a whole bonus chapter that if you skipped you would be greatly missing out. even more crucial than the requiem at the end of hitman:blood money. apparently there was a playstation 2 demo so for those who have one, i recommend checking it out though there will probably be a pc version before its north american release next year. apparently even europe isn't stocking this game at many locations because one of the main characters commits suicide?!? i wonder if that will be cut from the north american version, though maybe it will fly, after all this game doesn't have nipples:)

Maybe Jemy is my long lost retarded brother.:lol: (Just kidding Jemy)

Seriously though, what have I ever said to make you mistakenly believe that I'm a fan of console games? Resident Evil is one of the very few series that I like on consoles. I generally think that 99% of console games are garbage. Not that I have anything against consoles in particular or the people that play them, I just greatly prefer pc games.

Besides, Obscure is a console game itself that was ported to the pc.

Back
Top Bottom