Dead State - Gameplay Video From June

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Double Bear posted a gameplay trailer for Dead State I missed in June. So here it is for anyone like me missed the video when it was posted. Sorry about that everyone.

Short video that shows off several different features of Dead State gameplay, including dialogue, looting, job board and shelter management, and tactical combat.
More information.

I want to play this game for the writing and the story but the gameplay? Nnnot so much. I'm following development for years and I have to say I lost most of my interest.

I want to play this game for the writing and the story but the gameplay? Nnnot so much. I'm following development for years and I have to say I lost most of my interest.

Gameplay was ok if repetitive, though Brian said it would open up and we've only seen the first week.

I remember seeing some screenshots from Dead State in PC PowerPlay about 2 years ago or so and I was more impressed than with I saw at this trailer. They need to improve the animation ( I know it's still an early stage) and I truly hope that there will be some more variety in enemies and that combat will not be repetitive.

2 years. Early ? Right

Next week they are launching the Beta in Steam.

I remember seeing some screenshots from Dead State in PC PowerPlay about 2 years ago or so and I was more impressed than with I saw at this trailer. They need to improve the animation ( I know it's still an early stage) and I truly hope that there will be some more variety in enemies and that combat will not be repetitive.

This was an update in Kickstarter on July 18:

Here's a quick progress update:

* Our art team's cranking out assets for unique and special areas, unique armor models, and new NPC models;

* Our programming team is working on implementing dogs, shelter upgrades, and character perks and traits, as well as the usual bug-fixing;

* Our animator is working through importing a number of new and existing animal, human and undead animations into the build and creating new dialogue gesture animations;

* Our design team is crafting crisis events, adding ever more allies and their corresponding dialogues to the game, and working on new and old levels;

* our sound designer is busily working on weapon-related SFX, and recently provided us with new explosion sounds

* Our composer's finished most of Dead State's core tracks (of which there are many!) and is getting started soon on a unique track for the ending theme.

So yes, there will be new animations.
Looking forward to play the final release of this game

Well I know that Iron Tower doesn't churn out games fast - similar story is with Age of Decadence, but I believe it's worth waiting long for a good game that is polished and intersting and simply unique. I know that Double Bear is a small studio and they have low budget so it will take a while for them to make the game they want and they can't rush it. I just keep my fingers crossed and I will be waiting patiently.

Brian said his team was running out of steam in one of his recent updates and they couldn't bear this much longer, so they'll release it very soon.

That's what makes me so skeptical of Kickstarter, it doesn't bring enough money to allow a team of developers to live comfortably for the life cycle of game development, unless they live in a poorer country or are broke college students. At some point many of them run out of money and might be forced to put the game out in an underwhelming state.

When you look at their announcement of the ongoing implementation of features, it feels they want to put an end to it.
It remains that they did not show a high level of productivity over the last two years or more accurately during the number of man hours they were afforded by their KS and other lines of revenue.

The version they released on SEA was limited to seven ingame days because it was all they got at that time.
They are now going full game as they are now closing to the amount of content necessary to make this opening possible.

Whether or not they manage to keep going will be determined by the amount of money they generate by going full game.
The release of a limited ingame duration product was controversial and spooked a number of potential customers.
Maybe, now that they are shaping their produt to fit the standards of SEA, they will get more money to sustain the developpment as buyers come in to join.
So here it is for anyone like me missed the video when it was posted.

I could have reported that.

Back
Top Bottom